Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• As long as we get most of our business done in time for pre season I'll be happy. 
    Leave it too late and you end up with the Hemed situation where players are playing catch up and never really do.
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Alot of teams are getting there business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly contract negotiations with the out of contract players has happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!
    How do you know that we haven't signed anybody.?

We seem to be keeping quiet as a club about what's going on. 

Lets just wait and see.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsmouth-take-step-forward-in-transfer-race-with-charlton-and-ipswich/
    Pompey been given permission to speak to Stockley, according to this article. 

If this is the case then I’m lost for words! A player on loan with us last season, says he wants to sign and then we lose out to a promotion rival, f*****g ridiculous. 

Lose out ..... if we were ever interested ???? 

No one knows who our targets are yes Stockley was shown properties in Bexley when the season ended .. perhaps we went in another direction ????
    Hang on you said it was a done deal, then it was agreed.  Now you don't know? 
    almost as if it was entirely made up 🥱
  • FAVADDICK said:
    Alot of teams are getting there business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly contract negotiations with the out of contract players has happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!
    This is beyond the pale, even if English isn't your first language.

A lot of teams are getting their business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly (they'll end well, I'd reckon) contract negotiations with the out of contract players have happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If Thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!

BTW: The transfer window is not open yet, many existing contracts run until 30 June.

In short nothing to see here, or hear here either.

All aboard HMS Pissing League 1.
  • Billy_Mix said:
    FAVADDICK said:
    This is beyond the pale, even if English isn't your first language.

A lot of teams are getting their business done early and once again we seem to be behind everyone!! I just don't get the silence coming from the club surly (they'll end well, I'd reckon) contract negotiations with the out of contract players have happened and some must want to stay. I can see this being one long hard season. If Thomas thinks he can do this on the cheap he's going to have one big shock coming to him !!!

BTW: The transfer window is not open yet, many existing contracts run until 30 June.

In short nothing to see here, or hear here either.

All aboard HMS Pissing League 1.

No need for that.

Disagree with what he said, as I do, but it was clear what he meant. 
  • There was more transfer rumours when we were under a transfer embargo than there is now, hopefully that means we are just a much better run club nowadays
  • edited June 2021
    CafcWest said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:
    https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/portsmouth-take-step-forward-in-transfer-race-with-charlton-and-ipswich/

If this is the case then I’m lost for words! A player on loan with us last season, says he wants to sign and then we lose out to a promotion rival, f*****g ridiculous. 

No one knows who our targets are yes Stockley was shown properties in Bexley when the season ended .. perhaps we went in another direction ????

I don't know what to believe any more!!
    Half of what you see and none of what you hear!!!
    If you mean WIOTOS its not an acronym it's an alphabetism...to be an acronym it has to also be a word like LASER - Light Amplification (by the) Stimulated Emission of Radiation.  Sorry - I used to work with someone who was very fond of pointing out this kind of shit...
    You also replied to the wrong poster...didn't he @Henry Irving B)
  • FAVADDICK said:

There hardly been any worthwhile business done especially in league one .. on Friday there had only been. 8 transfers 
  • Sponsored links:

• CafcWest said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

If you mean WIOTOS its not an acronym it's an alphabetism...to be an acronym it has to also be a word like LASER - Light Amplification (by the) Stimulated Emission of Radiation.  Sorry - I used to work with someone who was very fond of pointing out this kind of shit...
    Would it remain an alphabetism if I pronounced it as wiotos?
  • CafcWest said:
    thenewbie said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    RedRobin said:

Would it remain an alphabetism if I pronounced it as wiotos?
    Isn't that what we all do?
  • Bumped into an incoming engineer at work this morning and he is a pompey fan, told me there are strong rumours there that they are after Stockley, he said he once played for them before moving on.

Found this.

Portsmouth battling Charlton for Preston striker Jayden Stockley - reports | The News

If you listen to the Adkins interview on Charlton Live after the Hull game I don’t think Stockley is someone Adkins is too high on. Wishes him well in his career.
  • FAVADDICK said:

There hardly been any worthwhile business done especially in league one .. on Friday there had only been. 8 transfers 
    But you told us Stockley was done, then agreed........ 
  • Back to work after a week off and the first conversation is with a Pompey fan who tells me that they and Donnie are after Stockley ( sorry, haven't waded through all previous comments)
  • edited June 2021
    Bumped into an incoming engineer at work this morning and he is a pompey fan, told me there are strong rumours there that they are after Stockley, he said he once played for them before moving on.

Found this.

Portsmouth battling Charlton for Preston striker Jayden Stockley - reports | The News

If you listen to the Adkins interview on Charlton Live after the Hull game I don’t think Stockley is someone Adkins is too high on. Wishes him well in his career.
    Or he’s keeping his cards close to his chest so we can’t be held to ransom by PNE/agents.

I thought it was odd that Stockley made the comments he did just before the season ended. Definitely not what a savvy agent would’ve advised him to do.

Completely made up numbers in my head but I say 80% chance he’s here by the first week of pre season. The 20% you can’t account for is whether another club comes in and pays way over the odds etc.
  • edited June 2021
    Rothko said:
    Being serious here for a second, the club is just acting like it did in the Curbs years, where very little leaked out until the deal was pretty much done. 
    What it can't do is prevent leaks from other sources. True or False. But I do agree this is the right approach from the club.
  • Bumped into an incoming engineer at work this morning and he is a pompey fan, told me there are strong rumours there that they are after Stockley, he said he once played for them before moving on.

Found this.

Thought the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    FAVADDICK said:

deal has been agreed but not signed ... Stockley went away on holiday expected to sign later this week .. but looks like his agent and PNE may have done the dirty on us .. hopefully Stockley will say deal is a deal but I understand from a cousin who lives in Pompey he has family in or close to that area ...... 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    FAVADDICK said:

deal has been agreed but not signed ... Stockley went away on holiday expected to sign later this week .. but looks like his agent and PNE may have done the dirty on us .. hopefully Stockley will say deal is a deal but I understand from a cousin who lives in Pompey he has family in or close to that area ...... 

2 days ago you said it was lucky we got in first.  There is nothing in those articles that's fact, that wasn't in Cawley's article on Saturday.

Have you heard its now off from another source other than FootballLeagueWorld?

Because now you don't sound so certain. 
  • Personally I not bothered either way with Stockley can see the benefits but can also see the way he makes us play .. I think we need a more mobile striker .... if he signs good but not a disaster if he don’t 
    That applies to most of our present squad tbf.
    Only of we replace them with someone better. 
  • Two friends from Moscow who hasn't seen each other since the end communist rule, 15 years ago, meet in bar by chance and they go for a drink. They talking about the old times and one tells the other:

-"Did yo see? Everything they told us about communism was a lie!"

-Yeah! And that is not even the worse part! Everything they told us about capitalism was the truth!

I heard that but it was the other way around.😏
  • London isn't 90 miles from Bexley.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!