Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Dobson - Hungarians say transfer on hold til the summer (p61)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    seth plum said:
    Using the logic that says if Lincoln beat Newcastle in a cup match, and we beat Lincoln, then we’re better than Newcastle.
    If Andy Scott goes can’t his wage be used to boost the offer to George Dobson?
    I know which one of them we need in the club until the end of the season.
    Dobson is here until the end of the season?
    To be honest I am not sure. The news over the past week has been Dobson transfer Hokey Cokey.
  • Options
    edited February 12
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Anyone know if this whole deal could be trashed if Jones makes enough noise, and Dobbo gets persuaded to stay?
    I’m pretty confused by now but I think that it now seems likely he will see out his contract with us - but as for trashing the deal I suppose everything depends on the text of the pre-contract agreement with Fehervar. Maybe since its been drafted a few weeks back there is a clause that says (in legal terms) that it is valid *if* Dobbo doesnt conclude a contract extension with us. 

But I am probably clutching at straws, and anyway show us in a very bad light.
    I don't think that they would have included this, especially in light of the fact that there was a pre-contract after the February transfer failed. As I paste the hungarian regulaton of the pre contract is, the situation is clear, the pre contract including the same content of the normal contract.

I know this is not an official page, but you can see also the move at the transfermarkt. 
    https://www.transfermarkt.com/george-dobson/profil/spieler/292734
  • Options
    edited February 12
    A tracker on George Dobson would be interesting today as that would tell us so much how this is going to play out.

Any one live near Sparrows Lane and prepared to either stand by the exit or better still use their SAS training and get to within hearing and seeing distant ?

At least emulate Marcelo Bielsa with the binoculars!

If George is tracked on a plane going to Hungary to sign for July transfer then he won't be playing against Lincoln.

Crazy situation to be in.
  • Options
    edited February 12
    Lots of misinformation here. 

Said on Twitter flying only on Monday to sign but pictured already with a shirt  and apparently already signed?

I don’t see how NJ has been able to much influence. If the deal was already done and he was training with the U23s then NJ won’t have seen him much to make a call on this would he?

Feels more like the SMT have got cold feet maybe and said to NJ use him as you need to. 

If NJ has influenced I wonder who behind the scenes has vouched for Dobson and said he potentially makes or breaks our season?

If you compared the shirt picture with this one:
    https://www.fehervarfc.hu/en/news/slovenian-national-team-striker-joins-vidi
    You can see the diffence.

My point of view, after the collaps of the transfer, we sign the contract with him from the summer, not in Hungary but in London.

Maybe the shirt picture was in London but I also think he must have visited Hungary to know he wants to commit his immediate future there?

Is it possible the contract from the summer is only an intention to sign and he is not obliged to follow through?
    It is not a precontract. He officialy signed with us from the summer.
    Presumably signed subject to a medical...... which hasn't happened yet!
  • Options
    A tracker on George Dobson would be interesting today as that would tell us so much how this is going to play out.

Any one live near Sparrows Lane and prepared to either stand by the exit or better still use their SAS training and get to within hearing and seeing distant ?

At least emulate Marcelo Bielsa with the binoculars!

If George is tracked on a plane going to Hungary to sign for July transfer then he won't be playing against Lincoln.

Crazy situation to be in.
    No need to go to Hungary, he already signed the pre-contrackt, the situation is clear. This is official. Our webside only post finalised agreements, since Lothar Mattheus backed out from the verbal agreemant at 2010, which posted before finalising the contract.
  • Options
    Succinct and to the point, worth a promote...🙄
  • Options
    I doubt this will happen but what if Dobson just flat out refuses to go to Hungary when the time comes? How could it be enforced? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I doubt this will happen but what if Dobson just flat out refuses to go to Hungary when the time comes? How could it be enforced? 
    I would assume they would hold his registration though so he could not be registered elsewhere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Talal said:
    Why would he do that when his boss has made it abundantly clear that he is not wanted here?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Are Pre-Contracts binding?

The enforceability of a pre-contract will depend on the specific terms of the agreement. Pre-contracts are generally not binding under English law as they are usually marked ‘Subject to Contract’ and are simply a commitment by the parties to enter into a later contract. The difference between a pre-contract and a contract is that the parties to the pre-contract have not agreed the essential terms and so the pre-contract does not reflect the final agreement. However, if a pre-contract contains all the essential terms that have been agreed, then the pre-contract is effectively a final contract and is likely to be binding.

The hungarian regulation is:
    (22) In the case of concluding a preliminary contract, the following must be observed: a. It can only be signed with a footballer whose current contract expires within 6 months b. It must contain all content elements of the final contract c. According to the regulations of the final contract, it was submitted and filed d. In the case of unilateral termination, the guidelines are laid down in paragraphs 4.§ (8 amateur player) and 5.§ (7 professional player) e. Unlawful unilateral termination is a disciplinary offence
    5.§ (7) A contract concluded between a professional football player and a sports organization may be supplemented or amended, validly, only by mutual agreement. A contract concluded between a professional football player and a sports organization is terminated upon its expiration or may be terminated by mutual agreement. Unilateral termination of the contract is legal if any contracting party is entitled to do so by the contract or legislation. Termination can only be done in writing - with a reason for the termination - which must be certified and given to the other party. The termination must be sent to the MLSZ that registers the contract or to its competent organizational unit. The acceptance or rejection of the termination must be declared in writing within 8 days of receipt, if the contract allows for termination. The declaration must be sent with return receipt to the terminating party, the MLSZ that registers the contract or the competent county (Budapest) directorate. If the statement is not sent to the terminating party within the deadline, the unilateral termination shall be considered accepted if it was made on the basis of the contract.
  • Options
    Despite whatever happens I think it's baffling that the club seems unaware of social media and the fact that the Hungarian side have announced Dobson on their website with a section stating that he won't be joining until 1st July because the parent club have said they won't release him.  Would be appropriate, I think, for the club to put some sort of statement on the OS.  Again it shows a certain contempt for the fans...
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Why would he do that? Top league in Hungary and chance of European football, all for more money. 
  • Options
    Magnificent Magyars.

Except their political leader.
    This story is turning into a right goulash.
  • Options
    CafcWest said:
    Despite whatever happens I think it's baffling that the club seems unaware of social media and the fact that the Hungarian side have announced Dobson on their website with a section stating that he won't be joining until 1st July because the parent club have said they won't release him.  Would be appropriate, I think, for the club to put some sort of statement on the OS.  Again it shows a certain contempt for the fans...

If for no other reason than Nathan Jones will be facing that question about George Dobson tomorrow or whenever the press conference takes place.
  • Options
    kentred2 said:
    Talal said:
    Why would he do that? Top league in Hungary and chance of European football, all for more money. 
    He most probably wouldn't, it was just a question. 
  • Options
    Nadou said:
    Talal said:
    Why would he do that when his boss has made it abundantly clear that he is not wanted here?
    Scott may be gone by then and he may be wanted by Jones? 
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Nadou said:
    Talal said:
    Realistically if Jones wanted Dobson long term then he wouldn’t have signed for the Hungarian team. Jones was in a powerful position when negotiating, he could have asked for it, he’s the ‘Manager’ so has more of a say in those matters. He’s got a 4.5 year deal, if he really wanted to keep Dobson and build around him then he wouldn’t be leaving 

More likely that after watching how shit we were on Saturday he’s said I need him till the end of the summer to keep us up 
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    Talal said:
    Nadou said:
    Talal said:
    Realistically if Jones wanted Dobson long term then he wouldn’t have signed for the Hungarian team. Jones was in a powerful position when negotiating, he could have asked for it, he’s the ‘Manager’ so has more of a say in those matters. He’s got a 4.5 year deal, if he really wanted to keep Dobson and build around him then he wouldn’t be leaving 

More likely that after watching how shit we were on Saturday he’s said I need him till the end of the summer to keep us up 
    Depends what the timings were in regards to Jones and Dobson signing their respective contracts.

Just to speculate a little bit further though, what if Jones weren't told about Dobbo's status when he agreed to be manager. Could cause all sorts of s***
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now this might just be a coincidence or me adding 2and 2 and making 5

Dobbo came to us from Sunderland where they didn't have a high opinion of our Dobbo, also Methven was involved at Sunderland ..... just saying
    Let’s get the facts right CM left Sunderland in 2019 Dobson joined Sunderland 2019 and left 2021 … 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Well, it seems like someone at the club who actually understands football, has realised how important Dobson could be in a relegation fight and has stood their ground. Thank Christ. 

Some of the comments not understanding the move to Hungary are quite amusing for me. 

Videoton/Fehervar have been competing in Europe and getting results/competing in recent years against the likes of: Chelsea, Ludogrets, Malmo, AEK Athens, Partizan, PAOK, Bordeaux, Reims, Köln. Do you genuinely not understand how bad the likes of those clubs would smash us to fkn pieces on the pitch 😂 Play league 1 footie surrounded by players who look like they've won a competition and don't put in half the effort you do, or, join a team that competes to win their league and is willing to pay you a very fair wage in a nice country. What a decision.

Suspect it's the people with the same view that Rangers wasn't a big move at the time for Aribo. It's a brilliant move for Dobson at this stage of his career. 

When it's all said and done, he will be able to say he played European football for one of the best teams in a different country, OR he could say, he scraped by, year after year for a club that's been mismanaged by absolute crooks in League 1. 

In an ideal world, he would have stayed, and he would have been one of the main people in charge of a promotion challenging team. Unfortunately, getting a senior role at Charlton is the easiest job application in the world apparently, and his situation has been completely mismanaged. 

Good luck to Dobson. I hope he can help keep us in this poxy league for another year, and we can wipe the stains from the club that currently have far too much say, next season. 👍🏻

For me it’s nothing to do with the perceived quality of league etc. I understand that a footballers career is very finite, and ultimately they need to try and make as much money, and play at the highest level they can, during the period they play. 

If he was a single bloke, then maybe, but I just don’t understand why with a very young family, you would make such a move unless it was for an absolutely life changing wage - which I just don’t think it will be.

With 6 months left on his contract it just tells me that they know they won’t get an offer better than what Charlton offered from another English team. 

Don't know what he earns here, but it's more than possible for him to be getting towards £1m with bonuses etc at the new club plus a decent signing on fee, Hungary has very low tax rates as well (flat 15% on income), so likely he'd need to earn at least 50% more in the UK to net the same. 

Plus many people see working abroad for a period as an adventure and an opportunity.

I can’t speak for other people or George Dobson, but I don’t think in life when you have a baby, that you are looking for adventure at that point. 

Just doing some research and the average salary seems to be about £8,500 a month. However Ferenacvos will pay significantly better and you have to expect George will be one of the higher earners in that team as well. 

However there needs to be a massive increase to the average to make it anywhere near a million a year. 
    That's all well and good, but he hasn't signed for Ferencvaros.
    Oh, wow, not sure why I thought it was Ferencvaros.

I’ve actually been to Székesfehérvár/Fehérvár
    where Dobson will be based, on my way to Lake Balaton one year.

All I can really remember of that time is an awful tasting drink called ‘Unicum’. 
    I brought a little round bottle of that back from Latvia one time, never been opened…
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I would assume they would hold his registration though so he could not be registered elsewhere. 
    Never heard of playing a ringer?
  • Options
    Talal said:
    He would be put on a plane to Rwanda where his application to remain in the UK would be assessed. 
  • Options
    Well said sir. Give the man a promote. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Well, it seems like someone at the club who actually understands football, has realised how important Dobson could be in a relegation fight and has stood their ground. Thank Christ. 

Some of the comments not understanding the move to Hungary are quite amusing for me. 

Videoton/Fehervar have been competing in Europe and getting results/competing in recent years against the likes of: Chelsea, Ludogrets, Malmo, AEK Athens, Partizan, PAOK, Bordeaux, Reims, Köln. Do you genuinely not understand how bad the likes of those clubs would smash us to fkn pieces on the pitch 😂 Play league 1 footie surrounded by players who look like they've won a competition and don't put in half the effort you do, or, join a team that competes to win their league and is willing to pay you a very fair wage in a nice country. What a decision.

Suspect it's the people with the same view that Rangers wasn't a big move at the time for Aribo. It's a brilliant move for Dobson at this stage of his career. 

When it's all said and done, he will be able to say he played European football for one of the best teams in a different country, OR he could say, he scraped by, year after year for a club that's been mismanaged by absolute crooks in League 1. 

In an ideal world, he would have stayed, and he would have been one of the main people in charge of a promotion challenging team. Unfortunately, getting a senior role at Charlton is the easiest job application in the world apparently, and his situation has been completely mismanaged. 

Good luck to Dobson. I hope he can help keep us in this poxy league for another year, and we can wipe the stains from the club that currently have far too much say, next season. 👍🏻

For me it’s nothing to do with the perceived quality of league etc. I understand that a footballers career is very finite, and ultimately they need to try and make as much money, and play at the highest level they can, during the period they play. 

If he was a single bloke, then maybe, but I just don’t understand why with a very young family, you would make such a move unless it was for an absolutely life changing wage - which I just don’t think it will be.

With 6 months left on his contract it just tells me that they know they won’t get an offer better than what Charlton offered from another English team. 

Don't know what he earns here, but it's more than possible for him to be getting towards £1m with bonuses etc at the new club plus a decent signing on fee, Hungary has very low tax rates as well (flat 15% on income), so likely he'd need to earn at least 50% more in the UK to net the same. 

Plus many people see working abroad for a period as an adventure and an opportunity.

I can’t speak for other people or George Dobson, but I don’t think in life when you have a baby, that you are looking for adventure at that point. 

Just doing some research and the average salary seems to be about £8,500 a month. However Ferenacvos will pay significantly better and you have to expect George will be one of the higher earners in that team as well. 

However there needs to be a massive increase to the average to make it anywhere near a million a year. 

All I can really remember of that time is an awful tasting drink called ‘Unicum’. 
    Why did you taste it the clue was in the name.  :#
    Both male & female then ?  Sounds like what you find in a pint glass down The Miller's after a lock-in. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Rob7Lee said:

A very popular drink among mainly female students while at Uni.....🍸 
    The texture of the drink is "thick, black, goopy" and so bitter that it is often described as an acquired taste. The drink's name originates from the words of Holy Roman Emperor Joseph II, who in 1790, when being given the drink, said (in German) "Das ist ein Unikum!" ("This is unique!")