Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2020 (although being held in 2021) at Whistling Straits.

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Would you take 3-1 down after first four matches? I dont think i would, with a couple close it would be nice if we can knick a half or 2, if we can go in 2-2 will feel like a win 

Poulter & Mclroy is very frustrating, do you think Mclroy would have benefited being first out? or wouldn't have mattered as he is in poor form probably a bit of a risk. 
  • Options
    Dont think we'll be seeing rory/poults pairing again,they've been awful between them,not taking anything away from the yank pair though,theyve been superb. 
  • Options
    We were 3-1 down after the first session in 2018, not a problem.

As much as I think he should be, I don't think Rory will be dropped this afternoon. I think Harrington will pair him with someone solid like Hovland to give him a chance to go for it and hopefully get his confidence up.

Can see the pairings being something like...

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    Fleetwood / Poulter (or Wiesberger)
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

As much as I think he should be, I don't think Rory will be dropped this afternoon. I think Harrington will pair him with someone solid like Hovland to give him a chance to go for it and hopefully get his confidence up.

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    I'd be happy with those pairings. Just think it's a ryder cup too far for some of team Europe and I think we'll have a mountain to climb come Sunday unfortunately. More than happy to be proved wrong!
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    Where do you see Hatton fitting into the mix?
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    Paddy has said that everyone will get a game. I’d pair Hatton the petulant with Lowry who doesn’t give a fcuk and will just get on with it. 
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    I'd probably swap Poults out for Hatton thinking about it.
  • Options
    cafcpolo said:

Rahm / Garcia
    Rory / Hovland
    Casey / Lowry
    Completely forgot about Hatton! Him in for Hovland then. Wies instead of Poults.
  • Options
    I'm about 20 mins behind in real time having had to pause it earlier but it seems to me that Europe just can't seem to hole a putt. Nothing from outside 4 foot. All just slide past the hole on either side.
  • Options
    I'm about 20 mins behind in real time having had to pause it earlier but it seems to me that Europe just can't seem to hole a putt. Nothing from outside 4 foot. All just slide past the hole on either side.
    Early doors though. Plenty more golf to be played.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Crazy shot from Spieth to give them hope at the 17th hole but in vein because Thomas can't make the putt. Rahm & Garcia win 3&1.

US 0-1 EU
  • Options
    That Speith shot was ridiculous 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Morikawa & Johnson defeat Casey & Hovland 3&2.

US 1-1 EU
  • Options
    Cantlay & Schauffele defeat McIlroy & Poulter 5&3.

US 2-1 EU
  • Options
    Had our arses kicked this session. Need much better this afternoon
  • Options
    Koepka & Berger defeat Westwood & Fitzpatrick 2&1.

US 3-1 EU
  • Options
    Westwood is such a fanny with the putter. I have zero confidence he will make it when it matters.
  • Options
    Westwood is such a fanny with the putter. I have zero confidence he will make it when it matters.
    He shouldnt be there full stop. So out of form.
  • Options
    Well, that was crap then.

Westwood cant putt
    Poulter & McIlroy off their games
    Hovled a starstruck rookie.

And we can replace them with Weisberger & Lowry......

It's like replacing Watson for Dobson. 
  • Options
    Well, that was crap then.

Westwood cant putt
    Poulter & McIlroy off their games
    Hovled a starstruck rookie.

And we can replace them with Weisberger & Lowry......

It's like replacing Watson for Dobson. 
    The weakest Team Europe we've had for a while. Will take something very special to pull anything out the bag over there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The team USA hoodies are rank though 
  • Options
    He shouldnt be there full stop. So out of form.
    This. 

Some of the players are there due to what they did last year, not the last 2 months.
  • Options
    My predictions, likely to be wrong but for fun

DJ / Xander v Casey / Wisberger  - USA Win
    Bryson / Scottie Scheffle v Rahm/ Hatton - Halved, flashes of brilliance v solid from both pairs. 
    Finau/ English v Rory & Lowery - Europe win (Tinted specs) 
    Interesting one, hard to call but i think experiance for Europe we need to win this really to keep it from getting away from us. 
    Thomas/Cantlay v Fleetwood/Hovland - USA Win
    Have a feeling Europe pair will work, but Thomas and Cantlay both too solid

Tried to not be bias, but could honestly see it being a clean sweep. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good to see the white flags being raised already and it’s not just in the football…

As a reminder, Europe haven’t won the Friday morning session since 2006 yet they’ve won 4 out of 6 Ryder Cups since then.
  • Options
    Not impressed with the afternoon fourball pairings. He might as well send Watson and Morgan out together.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Good to see the white flags being raised already and it’s not just in the football…
    I get it has been very negative, even before it started. Just more recognising USA based on rankings are the strongest team ever. I don't see much weaknesses, where we have to play our best every single one to have a chance. Its not impossible, fingers crossed it will turn starting with the four balls. 
  • Options
    Not surprised that Harrington has ensured everyone plays today, in fact the Americans have done the same. Need at least a split this afternoon or this could start to get nasty.
  • Options
    somehow need to come out of this session no worse than 2-2
  • Options
    Can't afford to get too far adrift, otherwise it will be an awfully long way back.