Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2020 (although being held in 2021) at Whistling Straits.

Comments

• Options
    Lovely shot from Hovland to win that hole.
  • Options
    That drive from Bryce is not human. 417 straight down the middle. 72 yard 2nd shot on a par 5!
  • Options
    That drive from Bryce is not human. 417 straight down the middle. 72 yard 2nd shot on a par 5!
    Not what golfs about for me if im honest,joke.
  • Options
    Not what golfs about for me if im honest,joke.
    It doesn’t always pay off. I look at it that’s it’s no different from someone having soft hands around the green or laser like putting. His second shot was just as sublime. 
  • Options
    Team Europe having a strong 15 minutes...
  • Options
    What a shot by Hatton!!!
  • Options
    Ouch, had to take advantage of that...
  • Options
    Looking too one sided to be interesting unfortunately.  Hope I’m wrong. 
  • Options
    Could easily be 5-3 by the end of the first day, doesn't feel one sided to me.
  • Options
    I’m just trying to gee them up. It’s like going on the match preview thread and saying I can’t see any other result than 0-3. I figure that as I generally couldn’t pick my nose when it comes to predictions, if I say it it won’t happen. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think he is brilliant to watch, so unpredictable. 
  • Options
    This was always going to be one sided with the lack of away support. I fear that it’s only going to get worse. Rory is massively out of sorts and Rahm seems to be carrying the team. Can see this being one of the most one sided contests for years I’m afraid.
  • Options
    Fantastic looking course, any members playing off a single figure handicap are doing well.
  • Options
    It could also be 7-1, I'll admit.

Confident in Rahm though at least.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we need everyone to be at the top of their game. A few of our stalwarts have brought their poor form with them. Rory on the way to a second rogering today, Casey close behind him and the worries about Westwood and Poulter being busted flushes are looking ominously accurate. Hope they all bounce back strongly tomorrow but I’m afraid I can’t see it. It just doesn’t have that feel about it. 
  • Options
    Main difference between the 2 teams is the putting. Europe have missed countless putts from inside 10 ft, some for wins & some for halves. In contrast the US have been great from 10ft-15ft and have turned losing a hole to halving it ior even winning it.

Casey had just holed one which is the first one since the turn.

It could be 7-1 at the end of today......best we can hope for is 6-2.
  • Options
    USA will not win....FACT!
    My phone was hacked. 

I can’t see past the Americans here 😄
  • Options
    Finau & English defeat McIlroy & Lowry 4&3.

US 4-1 EU
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Schauffele & Johnson defeat Casey & Wiesberger 2&1.

US 5-1 EU
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Main difference between the 2 teams is the putting. Europe have missed countless putts from inside 10 ft, some for wins & some for halves. In contrast the US have been great from 10ft-15ft and have turned losing a hole to halving it ior even winning it.

Casey had just holed one which is the first one since the turn.

It could be 7-1 at the end of today......best we can hope for is 6-2.
    I mean, the best we can hope for is obviously 5-3.

But realistically, I'd snatch your hand off for 5.5-2.5 here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Schaueffel or whatever his name is was unplayable today from what I saw
  • Options
    Thought Rahm might have pulled something out there... still two more holes to pull it back.
  • Options
    Could be all over by tomorrow. The momentum is with the USA & unless half a dozen of the european players suddenly find some form the singles wont be worth playing.

Never seen so many missed putts. 
  • Options
    McIlroy and Casey playing twice has been a grave error.
  • Options
    Could be all over by tomorrow. The momentum is with the USA & unless half a dozen of the european players suddenly find some form the singles wont be worth playing.

Never seen so many missed putts
    Has sadly been very poor.
  • Options

McIlroy
    Garcia
    Westwood

Are historically poor pressure putters
  • Options
    Some tricky decisions tonight for Paddy. If it were me, I'd be going like this for tomorrow...

Rahm / Garcia
    Fleetwood / Hovland
    Poulter / Hatton
    Lowry / Fitzpatrick

Casey and Rory need to sit out, especially in the foursomes.
  • Options
    Europe falling apart.

Just after the turn Fleetwood & Hovland were 2 up and had a 5ft putt to go 3 up. Now they will be struggling to even get a half point out of their match.

I wonder what the worst first day score is as this really could be 7-1.
  • Options
    As I typed that Hatton hit a great shot into 18.....but I have no confidence he will hole his putt. None at all. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    supaclive said:

McIlroy
    Garcia
    Westwood

Are historically poor pressure putters
    For years he's been "cant putt Westwood" over the past 18 months McIlroy cant buy a putt when under pressure