Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ryder Cup 2020 (although being held in 2021) at Whistling Straits.

Comments

• Options
    Rahm must be thinking what the fuck is going on. McIlroy, Poulter, Westwood, Casey all absolute toilet. GB golf having a stinker.
    Fleetwood added.
    To be fair at least Poulter had four birdies today.  I don't think Rory had one?...
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Rahm must be thinking what the fuck is going on. McIlroy, Poulter, Westwood, Casey all absolute toilet. GB golf having a stinker.
    Fleetwood added.
    To be fair at least Poulter had four birdies today.  I don't think Rory had one?...
    McIlroy has been overrated for some time.
  • Options
    We just seem very limited to our selection. American golf is miles ahead at the moment. 8 of the top 10 from the US. The whole ‘they aren’t a team’ stuff is clutching. It’s golf, you make your own shots.
  • Options
    Better by Europe this afternoon but no team has ever come back from 11-5 down and I don't see it happening tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We just seem very limited to our selection. American golf is miles ahead at the moment. 8 of the top 10 from the US. The whole ‘they aren’t a team’ stuff is clutching. It’s golf, you make your own shots.
    This. Out of the 28 points on offer only 8 are based on team work (2x4somes)

The US have better players. Spieth, Morrikawa, Dechambeau, Johnson & Keopka can all hole putts when up against it.

• Options
    Rahm 3.5/4
    Garcia 3/3
    Hatton 1.5/3
    Lowry 1/2
    Fleetwood 0.5/2
    Hovland 0.5/4
    Fitzpatrick 0/2
    Poulter 0/2
    Westwood 0/2
    Wiesberger 0/2
    Casey 0/3
    McIlroy 0/3

• Options
    By contrast to the four players that have won at least one match for us, all 12 of the US team have done so - just the second time a team has done so prior to the singles. That stat really does not bode well for the singles.
  • Options
    One thing that really pisses me off as a golf fan is the lack of appreciation from the classless yank 'fans' when a european player hits a great shot. It doesnt happen when the ryder cup is held in Europe,a great shot is appreciated,no matter who hits it. 
  • Options
    Can see it being a slaughter today, with USA recording the largest ever win. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    I have reasonable hopes of at least two points from games 2,3 and 4.  I can’t see us getting anything at all from the other nine games.this could be a procession unfortunately  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    I don’t get Harrington’s logic. Miles behind on points so imperative we get some wins in the opening games so he puts out first a bloke who is so out of form it’s horrendous. And if by some miracle of fate we have a glimmer of a chance, there is simply nothing at the back end (with the possible exception of Fleetwood who can’t putt for toffee at the moment).  USA will get at least 20 points. Unbelievable. 
  • Options
    I'm going to have a wild punt on 7.5-4.5 to the USA
  • Options
    One thing that really pisses me off as a golf fan is the lack of appreciation from the classless yank 'fans' when a european player hits a great shot. It doesnt happen when the ryder cup is held in Europe,a great shot is appreciated,no matter who hits it. 
    It's called class mate. Pure and simple.
  • Options
    Rahms off to a flyer🙄
  • Options
    Rahms off to a flyer🙄
    He's probably mentally and physically knackered having had to carry Europe for the previous four rounds - nine of our 12 have only had to play two rounds and no one else has played four
  • Options
    I have reasonable hopes of at least two points from games 2,3 and 4.  I can’t see us getting anything at all from the other nine games.this could be a procession unfortunately  
    And that is why I will never make a fortune betting!
  • Options
    Jesus christ,we are getting absolutely battered. Where has this Rory been all week? 
  • Options
    this could be 21-7 or 20-8
  • Options
    Rahms off to a flyer🙄
    He's probably mentally and physically knackered having had to carry Europe for the previous four rounds - nine of our 12 have only had to play two rounds and no one else has played four
    Yep,he looks fucked. Feel sorry for him,hes taken the yanks on on his own most of the week
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Well at least McIlroy won us a point there.  Didn't get to play four rounds and not get to play the last two holes in any of them. You can tell how much it's hurting him in that interview. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well at least McIlroy won us a point there.  Didn't get to play four rounds and not get to play the last two rounds in any of them. You can tell how much it's hurting him in that interview. 
    Yeah,that was a hard watch,poor sod.
  • Options
    I think sometimes you just have to acknowledge that one team is completely superior to the other. Can’t blame padraig for the performance of the likes of Rory, fleetwood, poulter etc maybe got a couple of pairings wrong but think you just have to give it to the yanks 👏👏
  • Options
    I think sometimes you just have to acknowledge that one team is completely superior to the other. Can’t blame padraig for the performance of the likes of Rory, fleetwood, poulter etc maybe got a couple of pairings wrong but think you just have to give it to the yanks 👏👏
    The USA got it right. They got rid of all of the old guard and their associated baggage and played all their best young golfers. It probably wouldn't have mattered what pairings we'd have put together. It also helps when we had Rahm in the top 13 ranked golfers playing for us and they had 10 by comparison.
  • Options
    DJ becomes just the 3rd player to take 5/5
  • Options
    I'm going to have a wild punt on 7.5-4.5 to the USA
    Small consolation but, unless I'm mistaken, if Berger and Fitzpatrick halve the final hole, it will be 7.5-4.5 to the USA
  • Options
    And Fitzpatrick dumps his approach shot in the water...
  • Options
    And Fitzpatrick promptly puts the ball in the water!!!!!
  • Options
    Record defeat for Europe 19-9
  • Options
    I thought we might lose by 4 or 5 points, but 10!!!
  • Options
    Rahm 3.5/5
    Garcia 3/4
    Hatton 1.5/4
    Lowry 1/3
    Fleetwood 1/3
    Poulter 1/3
    Westwood 1/3
    McIlroy 1/4
    Hovland 1/5
    Fitzpatrick 0/3
    Wiesberger 0/3