Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Gillingham v Charlton 21/09/2021

Comments

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    Very good first half. Poor second. A point at Gillingham. Just can't see this team going on a run really. Disappointed but not surprised, actually was expecting worse. Some positives but not inspiring

Unfortunately, I can.

Not a good run though.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Morgan was awful second half. I think I'm done with him unfortunately
    See I don't get this, how was he awful second half? He wasn't as busy as the first half, but he barely put a foot wrong.

This isn't me saying he was fantastic or even good second half, but he was no worse than any other midfield player second half - the singling out of the 21 year old makes no sense.

Peach of a corner for Stockley to fluff was probably his highlight of the half.
    He was cowardly and slow and used the ball badly for the most part. Watson played much more progressively
  • Options
    Gillingham had 5 senior players out I read.  Bar Innis that was our strongest available squad to select from.  Started brightly and CBT was terrorising them but then not good enough to get 3 points.

Completely deflated as have not seen anything to suggest we are going to push for a top 6 finish which is an epic failure if that's the case.

This does not look like a team that has a promotion push in its capabilities.

Well done to the supporters who travelled to the game and were loud throughout.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    See I don't get this, how was he awful second half? He wasn't as busy as the first half, but he barely put a foot wrong.

This isn't me saying he was fantastic or even good second half, but he was no worse than any other midfield player second half - the singling out of the 21 year old makes no sense.

Barely put a foot wrong because he hid from the ball for the entire half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we're not going down, this season is just going to be 2016/17-esque.
  • Options
    A game that perhaps we should have had won by halftime. Gills keeper certainly made a couple of decent saves in the 2nd half even watching the reply I cant believe he saved the shot from josh. CBT hopefully will be given a contract before another club signs him. Lee just looks class and I was surprised he came off for Gilby I thought it should have been morgan who's 2nd half performance once again shows what he offers. 
    I suppose a point is a point and hopefully we can build on it moving forward 
  • Options
    Thought we were terrible. Allowed a dogshit team back into a game. Washington should have made it 2-0 and game over. 

Was there improvements? Yes. Purrington and Gilbey played well. Is there enough to turn us from a relegation team into top 6. Nope. Rode our luck and was lucky to not get beat.

Almost ten games into the season and we look poor. Finishing top half looks a challenge on that showing.
  • Options
    Adkins is just throwing darts at a board now, isn’t he?

He is completely lost on what our best XI is and for all the modern bullshit about football being a squad game you MUST know your best XI.

Bowyer’s Play Off winning side

Philips

Djiksteel - Bauer - Sarr - Purrington

Cullen - Bielek - Pratley - Aribo

Taylor - Grant/Parker

Powell’s League One Champions

Hamer

Solly - Morrison - Taylor/Cort - Wiggins

Green/Wagstaff - Hollands - Stephens - Jackson

BWP - Kermorgant

We can all name those sides off by heart, can’t we?

Why? Because the managers identified the best XI and got the maximum out of them.

Right now Adkins is guessing…and he is running out of time to get it right.
    Completely agree with this. I don't think NA has a clue what our best X1, best formation or style is and if he doesn't then how can he expect the players to?
  • Options
    Will post once I manage to get home. Currently locked outside Gillingham station. Golfie is about to go into a rant

• Options
    1 win in 8. At that rate we will win 5-6 games this year and get relegated. 
  • Options
    Great first half, Gilbey back, lot’s for shots, Davison excellent, deserved more.

Crap defending down the right hand side again.

Thought Morgan played well. BT outstanding. Most positive I have felt this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Adkins is a decent man and a good football coach. But he’s more and more reminding me of Russell Slade. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Adkins is a decent man and a good football coach. But he’s more and more reminding me of Russell Slade. 
    Please don't ask me to be patient with Adkins ...
  • Options
    Top 3 players for each side according to FotMob (not sure who marks the players)

• Options
    Who leaked the team line up?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:

He wasn't awful. Too be honest I would just ignore any post by @Leuth.