Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match thread: Gillingham v Charlton 21/09/2021

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to clarify, I'd start the same team next game in the same formation.

We should focus on continuity from here on out.
    So you wouldn't drop Morgan then?

;)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Morgan was awful second half. I think I'm done with him unfortunately
    See I don't get this, how was he awful second half? He wasn't as busy as the first half, but he barely put a foot wrong.

This isn't me saying he was fantastic or even good second half, but he was no worse than any other midfield player second half - the singling out of the 21 year old makes no sense.

Peach of a corner for Stockley to fluff was probably his highlight of the half.

Watson specifically plus Morgan stopped running 2nd half & we lost all momentum as the defence had no one to pass to again, that were going to create anything. 

• Options
    I can’t believe some people are saying that was better. It was a good first 35 mins against a terrible one dimensional side.

We are in a relegation battle absolutely no doubt about it.
    Not even their full strength side. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    We have to play with a bit more balls. We did in the first half but when they responded we went too safe too many square and backward balls and not going for the higher risk offensive ball. Morgan was a great example near the end, there was a tricky ball on that would have put a player through on goal, delayed and played a simpler ball when their defence was set. We can't continue with this cowardice. I worry we will though, especially at home where players are frightened of getting moaned at.

First half performance was a real positive though and Washington should have scored at least one!
  • Options
    An improvement on what we’ve seen recently, but still unconvincing. Saturday and Tuesday are two big tests and we need 4/6 points - that simple!
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just to clarify, I'd start the same team next game in the same formation.

We should focus on continuity from here on out.
    So you wouldn't drop Morgan then?

;)
    I wouldn't drop any of the starters. We need to learn to play our game, not chop and change formation based on opponents.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Morgan was awful second half. I think I'm done with him unfortunately
    See I don't get this, how was he awful second half? He wasn't as busy as the first half, but he barely put a foot wrong.

This isn't me saying he was fantastic or even good second half, but he was no worse than any other midfield player second half - the singling out of the 21 year old makes no sense.

Peach of a corner for Stockley to fluff was probably his highlight of the half.

Watson specifically plus Morgan stopped running 2nd half & we lost all momentum as the defence had no one to pass to again, that were going to create anything. 

Doesn’t matter what you saw with your own eyes, footmob (whatever the fuck that is) gave him a 7.5
  • Options
    Washington came off with a knock. So if you’re blaming the manager for that without knowing the full info you point is irrelevant.

Yeah Gillingham were missing some players but the main ones I remember from last season were in there. Including the 2 players we were desperate to sign this window. 
  • Options
    Gillingham had 5 senior players out I read.  Bar Innis that was our strongest available squad to select from.  Started brightly and CBT was terrorising them but then not good enough to get 3 points.

Completely deflated as have not seen anything to suggest we are going to push for a top 6 finish which is an epic failure if that's the case.

This does not look like a team that has a promotion push in its capabilities.

Well done to the supporters who travelled to the game and were loud throughout.
    Nowhere near our strongest totally fit 11.
    No JFC, Souare, Innis. 
    Arter, Leko, Gilbey not 90 min match fit, so there's 6 without even thinking if there's more. 
  • Options
    Agree with cheshire and 1968
  • Options
    Floebot said:
    Who leaked the team line up?
    @RonnieMoore
    But it was right?
  • Options
    Giving interview sitting on the toilet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    1968CAFC said:
    I do not agree or disagree with everything some of our most negative fans have said tonight.
    tonight was possibly our best performance after the first home game against Sheffield Wednesday.
    and Crewe was the worst team we have played so far and not Gillingham.

However  if we lose our next two games Adkins should be Sacked.

But I honestly think we could beat Portsmouth on Saturday if we play for 90 minutes like we did for 45 minutes tonight.
    maybe that’s I big ask but I still think it’s possible.

Portsmouth are just a "name", they're doing as shite as us if we really look into their results.

Just managed a draw with Plymouth in the Play-Offs (they got a very late equaliser) and are lucky they had a damned easy start to the season else they'd be doing just badly as us - Fully expecting a drop in standard come Saturday.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    On a plus side I bet £10 on lee scoring first half and another £10 bet on him scoring second half just logged onto Bob's lot and won £160.00 as apparently both paid out as 1st scorer and last scorer lol no idea how that works
    OG don’t count 
  • Options
    Gillingham had 5 senior players out I read.  Bar Innis that was our strongest available squad to select from.  Started brightly and CBT was terrorising them but then not good enough to get 3 points.

Completely deflated as have not seen anything to suggest we are going to push for a top 6 finish which is an epic failure if that's the case.

This does not look like a team that has a promotion push in its capabilities.

Well done to the supporters who travelled to the game and were loud throughout.
    Nowhere near our strongest totally fit 11.
    No JFC, Souare, Innis. 
    Arter, Leko, Gilbey not 90 min match fit, so there's 6 without even thinking if there's more. 

Well let's hope we get our best team fit and back soon enough to make a go of the season and hope we are not too far adrift by the time they are to mount a promotion challenge/ top 6 finish.
  • Options
    Feel free to shoot me down, but I think there is the basis of a decent side, perhaps not top of the league quality. If they can string a couple of wins together the confidence will build and we will start  climbing the table. Just need to get the couple of wins though.....

• Options
    Feel free to shoot me down, but I think there is the basis of a decent side, perhaps not top of the league quality. If they can string a couple of wins together the confidence will build and we will start  climbing the table. Just need to get the couple of wins though.....
    Agreed, but I don’t see us having a settled side any time soon. I don’t personally see Pearce/CBT starting next 10 matches I think we will be continuing to see changes throughout to try and get some form. Concerning how our two big signings DJ & Kirk have both been dropped after 8 games.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    I do not agree or disagree with everything some of our most negative fans have said tonight.
    tonight was possibly our best performance after the first home game against Sheffield Wednesday.
    and Crewe was the worst team we have played so far and not Gillingham.

However  if we lose our next two games Adkins should be Sacked.

But I honestly think we could beat Portsmouth on Saturday if we play for 90 minutes like we did for 45 minutes tonight.
    maybe that’s I big ask but I still think it’s possible.

Portsmouth are just a "name", they're doing as shite as us if we really look into their results.

Just managed a draw with Plymouth in the Play-Offs (they got a very late equaliser) and are lucky they had a damned easy start to the season else they'd be doing just badly as us - Fully expecting a drop in standard come Saturday.
    Portsmouth Drew 2-2 tonight 
    and Plymouth were top of the table at 94 minutes 😂😂😂