Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Bolton Wanderers | Tuesday 28th September 2021

Comments

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:
    According to a player Adkins barely says a word in the dressing room before the game or at half time.
    I can believe that. I think his coaching team were the tactical men and he was the Mr Motivator. In fact this has become crystal clear. 
    If players are doing that then they really need to stop pointing the finger. 

Whoever you know J Block sounds like a whingeing bastard  
    "The players" didn't like Bowyer either, did they?

Sounds like they don't like anyone much. Poor lambs.

The players stopped liking Bowyer when he started calling them out in public.

The players won't play for Adkins because he has zero credibility - Adkins is laughing saying 'walking is great' but fuck all else while the players are laughing at him, not with him.

That doesn't excuse the players by the way.
    One of them told him walking was brilliant when he got told he was waking not running back and hasn't been seen again 😳

😂
  • Options
    bobmunro said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:
    According to a player Adkins barely says a word in the dressing room before the game or at half time.
    I can believe that. I think his coaching team were the tactical men and he was the Mr Motivator. In fact this has become crystal clear. 

The players won't play for Adkins because he has zero credibility - Adkins is laughing saying 'walking is great' but fuck all else while the players are laughing at him, not with him.

One of them told him walking was brilliant when he got told he was waking not running back and hasn't been seen again 😳

Those players (it's more than one) collectively known as the Bomb Squad.
    Explain? 
  • Options
    I do actually think Adkins walks before being sacked. It’ll be like Bowyer. All wanting him out only to be replaced by someone worse.
  • Options
    Has there been an interview, just in and drying out.
    What did he say? If it wasn't goodbye then anything else is irrelevant.
  • Options
    Have to say Deji is better than Lavelle. Purrington has lost some pace. Gilbey should have replaced Watson about 15 minutes earlier.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I don't think there was a lack of effort out there (suggesting they weren't playing for the manager), they're just not good enough. 
    I think there's certainly some talent in our squad, I just personally think they are poorly managed and poorly coached. You can see that in so many aspects of our play - yes we manage to have some good spells, but overall I'd argue everytime team I've seen play us this season look more comfortable on the ball, and have better movement off it.
  • Options
    Waking up to the news from this team feels just like Rheumatoid Arthritis
    Bugger 
  • Options
    I don't actually think they're 'not playing for the manager' quite in the way that the Les Reed team were. 

But apart from some of them being utter shit/lazy, let's face it, you can imaging their whatsapp group 'banter' - links to Nigel's twitter videos with a load of crying-with-laughter emoticons and wanking gestures. 

Really think the owner is an clueless knob, but still thank him profusely for putting his money where his mouth is for buying out the previous scum. 

But I think it's going to take a lot more to fix than simply sacking the manager. Really hope I'm wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

Explain? 
    Its defensive players as they treat the ball like an exploding bomb and are very quick to get rid of it to anyone even the opposition and even sometimes let the opposition keep it and don't want it off them.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    esseffect said:
    I do actually think Adkins walks before being sacked. It’ll be like Bowyer. All wanting him out only to be replaced by someone worse.
    It’ll take some doing for the next person to get less than 6 points from 30.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

Lmao nice one DJ :D
    I may have assumed this a bit hastily, I'm told. DJ is a nice quiet lad after all
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

What credibility do the players have? Little pricks breaking rank, moaning, leaking line ups. And when they don't like the next manager? 'oh he's lost the dressing room' take 3.

Absolute arseholes.

Lineups was not a player. Well not a recent one 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Watson is too old. Maybe ok for the bench but it is like playing with 10 men as the game goes on FFS! Dobson has had some poor games but the midfield needs his energy playing as we do. Sandgaard needs to sack Adkins and ask JJ what we have been doing wrong and how he will fix it and if he can't answer it, he needs to ask Euell. Then give whoever 10 games.
  • Options

Are you listening Nigel?

Thomas is trying to tell you something.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Don’t want Jackson or Euell in the job, this is too critical now and we need an experienced head. 
    I’d argue that’s the last thing we need.

An experienced manager at this level means a “big name” like Adkins dropping down, or someone who’s been at this level for years and not made the step up.

Give JJ and Euell a few games to see if they get a reaction, if not bring in a good young manager on the way up.

Successful managers at this level tend to be younger. Maybe it’s fresh ideas, more drive to do well or finding it easier to relate to players? Whatever it is it works more often than the likes of Adkins and Slade stepping down and feeling like they’re doing us favour.
    Hard to know how much influence JJ has under Adkins but isn't he somewhat responsible for this mess too? 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    bobmunro said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

Explain? 
    I’d imagine cos they’ve just been totally bombed out the squad perhaps with little explanation
  • Options
    esseffect said:
    If he walks he gets no compensation for losing his job/getting sacked .. he's a spent force as a manager but I bet he can still read a contract .. he'll cling on like a limpet until he's sacked .. and may that be VERY SOON !!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

That was the first interview I've seen where Adkins never smiled.

He wore the look of a dead man walking.

Walking out of the fucking door hopefully 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    bobmunro said:
    Off_it said:
    esseffect said:
    mendonca said:
    J BLOCK said:

What credibility do the players have? Little pricks breaking rank, moaning, leaking line ups. And when they don't like the next manager? 'oh he's lost the dressing room' take 3.

Absolute arseholes.

I don't disagree.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Hugely depressing. The squad either turns round under someone else or we get a new manager. In reality we probably need a squad refresh and a new manager giving those lucky few left a chance at redemption.

Given the finances in League 1 even with our benevolent new owner the latter is unlikely to happen.

Something is rotten (perhaps not in the heart of Denmark but certainly in SE7) but as an outsider I don’t know what. 

We might all be totally Charltonised but what have we done to deserve this? 

I hate seeing managers sacked but feel the chirpy morning messages will be starting to grate a tad with the players and the owner / management team.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    I don't think there was a lack of effort out there (suggesting they weren't playing for the manager), they're just not good enough. 
    I think there's certainly some talent in our squad, I just personally think they are poorly managed and poorly coached. You can see that in so many aspects of our play - yes we manage to have some good spells, but overall I'd argue everytime team I've seen play us this season look more comfortable on the ball, and have better movement off it.
    I'd be surprised if another manager could get significant improvement from a number of them, especially the central midfielders. No matter who gets picked in that position they aren't good enough over 90 minutes and I don't see how a different manager could change that. That said we've got to try something as this clearly isn't working. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Has anyone considered the possibility that the root problem might be the CEO and owner who appointed the management team ?

Nice bloke but does he know anything about football ? 
    Nope as he saved the Club but it still has the potential to go very badly. Aware of that.
    This makes no sense.

Him saving the club and being a jolly nice chap in no way influences whether someone is the root problem / part of the problem.

This is getting ludicrous and beyond parody now.
  • Options
    hasn’t NA gone yet? 

NA can’t even get the players fit.let alone playing as a team

only player who has consistently played is Lavelle and he had his preseason with Morecambe, our players aren’t fit. 

Promotion? Our aim has to be to stay up.

• Options
    esseffect said:
    I know you were 100% behind Bowyer so what would you do now?