Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Andorra / Hungary

Comments

• Options
    Ref misses another foul on Coady.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Ref misses another foul on Coady.
    The referee’s a wanker. 
  • Options
    Great goal.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Grealish with probably his sloppiest ever goal, better opponents would have nicked the ball three maybe four times in there.

They all count though so well done Jack. Great player.
  • Options
    Throw of the year there.
  • Options
    as usual people getting carried away. Did what we needed to do. Would expect Dartford or Welling to beat Andorra. Boring boring but had to watch 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Couldn’t have gone any better, no injuries or suspension. Abraham scoring was good, as we don’t have a proper back up to Kane. Southgate chose Rashford over DCL at the Euros. Some confidence for Sancho is a bonus 
  • Options
    Couldn’t have gone any better, no injuries or suspension. Abraham scoring was good, as we don’t have a proper back up to Kane. Southgate chose Rashford over DCL at the Euros. Some confidence for Sancho is a bonus 
    He took his goal well, but overall I thought Abraham was poor.
  • Options
    Only criticism I had was Sancho's silly yellow, but on another day with another official, he may not have got it. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Be interesting to see Foden in the central position with his full range of passing against quality international teams. The stand out England youngster when we won the Age group WC a few years ago.
    Served his long apprenticeship at City, and was played on the right in his first Euro game with obvious instruction to stay there which is why Phil drifted out the game as England attacked down the left with Shaw and Sterling. Southgate has learnt that Foden can be brilliant in the centre or the the left where he slaughtered James Milner, and decent on the right but to a lesser extent if a defender doesn't left him get onto his left foot.

We are lucky to have Foden, Grealish, Mount, Bellingham, Rice, Phillips and the underrated Ward-Prowse. Henderson is a top player but his England days may be behind him because of the quality of the above.

Chilwell is the obvious like for Like replacement for Shaw when Luke is rested or if he gets injured.

Has they every been a throw out assist by a keeper for England in a Competitive match ?
  • Options
    The 41 year old chasing Sancho was both painful and funny at the same time.  Looks like he don't know when to give up,  someone should throw the towel in for him.
  • Options
    The 41 year old chasing Sancho was both painful and funny at the same time.  Looks like he don't know when to give up,  someone should throw the towel in for him.
    He looked about 61 when he was sat there
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    He looked about 61 when he was sat there
    He was sat there? Blimey, he must be old.

Grammar Police promote please.
  • Options
    Feel like Foden has to play centrally for England. I know he plays on the left for City but he creates more than Mount and would be frightening in a free role behind Kane.
    Good shout.
    I like Mount but Foden has improved so much with his short passing and pinging long passes, I'd have him in the middle and Jack on the left.
    He reminds me of Scholes, a player that got far few England caps and I hope Foden is not another.
  • Options
    difficult to not get to carried away by Foden, but he's a joy to watch - unbelievable player, have to find a way to keep him in the side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Massive game tonight lads! 

Foden sold me against liverpool. He was superb. Takes both grealish and sterlings place on that performance. 

Id have foden, mount, sancho .. behind the striker. 
  • Options
    2121 said:

Foden sold me against liverpool. He was superb. Takes both grealish and sterlings place on that performance. 

Dunno about Sancho, he hasn't convinced me yet
  • Options
    2121 said:

Same. Also, I’m not sure about Mount either. It’s got to be Sterling, Foden, and Grealish behind Kane for me. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Feel like Foden has to play centrally for England. I know he plays on the left for City but he creates more than Mount and would be frightening in a free role behind Kane.
    Good shout.
    I like Mount but Foden has improved so much with his short passing and pinging long passes, I'd have him in the middle and Jack on the left.
    He reminds me of Scholes, a player that got far few England caps and I hope Foden is not another.
    Scholes would have got a lot more if he hadn’t jacked international football in….at the age of 30. 
  • Options
    Front six should be:

Foden Rice Mount

Grealish Kane Sterling
  • Options
    Front six should be:

Foden Rice Mount

Grealish Kane Sterling
    Still no room for Dick Tydeman?!
  • Options
    We play a 433. Southgate's MO seems to be to have Rice anchoring the midfield, Henderson or Phillips alongside him but with a remit to covera bit more ground and break when the time is right and then Mount as the link between midfield and attack. I would love to see if Foden has the workrate to do the Mount role against the better sides in the world (not sure Southgate thinks hes capable of this) but against weaker sides its certainly possible to have him in that role. Could even have Mount in the Phillips role as well giving a midfield of Rice Mount & Foden. 

I think against the best sides Southgate sees Foden's role as in the front 3. 
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    Front six should be:

Foden Rice Mount

Grealish Kane Sterling
    Still no room for Dick Tydeman?!
    Tydeman can play a protective role in front of a back three of Warman, Shaw and Penfold.  That way, the front six have licence to throw everything forward. 
  • Options
    2121 said:

Same. Also, I’m not sure about Mount either. It’s got to be Sterling, Foden, and Grealish behind Kane for me. 
    Yep this.