Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

You would like to think that the owner has now realised that it is clearly not working and any hope of promotion is pretty much over even by the end of October. Given you were in the position of TS,when would you pull the trigger and who would you replace him with?? Do you keep the current back room staff or do they all? 

Comments

• Options
    Not that he’s been linked but I’d be happy with Derek McInnes coming in.

for me Jackson leaves with Adkins.

id be happy for Euell to stay as long as the new manager (whoever that is) wants him and is kept in addition to the new man bringing a couple of his own team in
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Jackson or someone like Michael Beale for me.

The stock of U23 Managers appears to be on the rise at a number of clubs.

Need someone with fresh ideas compared with the safe "experienced" route, no option will be a safe one!!

You'd hope too that an ex-U23 Manager will promote youth as well
  • Options
    Paul Warne if we could get him but I'm not sure we can. I'd be happy with Alex Neil. Not sure I'd go with a current assistant/coach, not when we have Euell and Jacko at the club already. 

Yes I'd love Chris Wilder but I just cannot imagine he'd be remotely interested in coming to a team in the League 1 relegation zone. 
  • Options
    If TS is serious
    Go all out and pay wilder what he wants
    he has already said he would come to a league 1 club recently even if they need building up and are struggling
    back him let him bring his own team dont force anyone on him
    let him be in charge of signings
    he will keep us up and build with success over next couple years 

not intersted in anyone else tbf

clearout everyone NA JJ and JE
    I think it's harsh to include Euell. Ideally I'd have a manager and an assistant working together on the selection, formation, tactics and set-pieces. I like Euell as a first team coach working with the attacking players mainly. I really think we need a defensive coach and Steve Brown has to be the obvious contender. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    JJ as caretaker, see what reaction he gets.

Assuming no instant impact bring in a promising young manager or coach who plays good football. Could be someone like Beale or a manager doing well elsewhere. Let him bring in his own team, whether that’s coaches, physios, scouts, whatever.

Avoid experienced managers - it’ll only be another Adkins who is dropping down after struggling in the Championship and likely had his best days as manager.

I wouldn’t even gamble on the likes of Wilder. He had that connection with Sheff Utd, something to prove and new ideas. The hunger may have gone and he might not have those fresh ideas. Previous promotions don’t make success more likely as we’ve seen with Adkins and Robinson.

No to all former managers for me, i.e. Powell, Curbs and Fraeye.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm in the Beale camp as well. New  structure as well. Curbs would be nice but at some point the club surely needs to look forward and not back. These folks won't live for ever.
  • Options
    Alex Neil

Done well with Hamilton and Norwich, started well at Preston but tailed off towards the end, would like to see him come in and think he is definitely within our capabilities of getting

• Options
    Alex Neil

Done well with Hamilton and Norwich, started well at Preston but tailed off towards the end, would like to see him come in and think he is definitely within our capabilities of getting

He's probably the one "experienced" name I'd be a little interested in

Didnt do much wrong at Preston
  • Options
    Unfortunately the timing is now wrong to bring in a exciting new coach, to get us to play progressive passing football, as that sort of change takes time to implement, and we can't afford 2 months while the team learns the new way of thinking. That's more something to do at the start of the summer, so that the manager can spend pre season coaching the players (the ones we've brought in early ha ha)

It's getting to the stage where we almost need a Big Sam style of manager, someone to stop the rot and make us hard to beat with our existing players.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    John Coleman (Accrington). Deserves a chance at a big club like ours. 
  • Options
    Unfortunately the timing is now wrong to bring in a exciting new coach, to get us to play progressive passing football, as that sort of change takes time to implement, and we can't afford 2 months while the team learns the new way of thinking. That's more something to do at the start of the summer, so that the manager can spend pre season coaching the players (the ones we've brought in early ha ha)

It's getting to the stage where we almost need a Big Sam style of manager, someone to stop the rot and make us hard to beat with our existing players.
    I’d argue we need someone to give our players confidence and belief on the ball as much as they need to be fired up to work hard. They’re too scared to make mistakes, while teams with much smaller budgets are made to look like peak Barcelona, playing out from the back and pressing us with ease.
  • Options
    Michael Beale with Curbs as DOF
    Go with this, now I know who Michael Beale is.

• Options
    Beale for me. 
  • Options
    Gareth Ainsworth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    FAVADDICK said:
    All you people saying Jackson you do realise he is part of the problem !!!
    Is he - Do we know that for an absolute fact?

Seeing that we've won when he's taken charge on the touchline for us

Is he advocating a way he feels we should be playing

But is being over-ruled by the Manager who should have the final say

Or is it just a presumption simply because he's part of the backroom staff, same as how Bowyer was part of Robinson's backroom staff and changed things from the very first game - At the time it was said on here that we didnt stand a hope in hell of getting anything from either Plymouth or Rotherham games.

Said it before, but Jackson is the only person to have won a game coming from behind since April 2019.

But yeah I guess the players would equally have no respect for him either.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Alex Neil

I advocated Neil months ago and still think he would be a decent choice, BUT even so his record is not THAT good .. Beale seems to be a hot favourite on here .. I wonder, if like Les Reed he is a wonderful number two but just lacks that certain 'something' to be an effective number one. Easier to say what we don't need, a manager who like Adkins has had success in the past, but whose methods and 'leadership skills' are not fit for purpose in the modern era. 
    Andy Woodman is a good left field shout. Long experienced as a goalkeeper coach including at CAFC, recent top level coaching experience at Arsenal so is 'up' with modern methods, sporting and psychological. Doing very well at Bromley and is not tainted by failures in the EFL.  Woodman is a proper Londoner,  AND as his first signing he could bring in his goalkeeper son Freddie, Gareth Southgate's godson, Newcastle United player. He would be a much needed upgrade on our current keeper
  • Options
    What examples do we have of managers who  have gone from assisting a relegated side, who are then progressively becoming worse, and have then come in, turned it around, and gone onto long term success?

My football knowledge sucks, but presumably it can’t be that rare and managers have to start somewhere?
  • Options
    Mark robins. The chances of that happening though are 0

someone who isn’t yesterday’s man and can actually get us to string 3 passes together in the oppositions half 
  • Options
    Michael Duff has had success at a "small" club and his team's seem to have structure and a way of playing.

Beale is untested as a manager but great potential.

Wouldn't be unhappy with JJ or Euell.

Would love Wilder but he wanted control over signings when Duchatelet tried to get him. Since then he's managed in the premier league so may not want to be at the beck and call of the black box.

Suspect a German or Scandi "coach" rather than a "manager" will get the call, if it comes, but the ideal choice would be our current U18s manager.
  • Options

Said it before, but Jackson is the only person to have won a game coming from behind since 2018.

Wow. Is that stat accurate?