Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Come on. Everyone sing it. It just feels so right...

CHRISSY POWELL CHRISSY POWELL CHRISSY POWELL 
    I think that’s dreamworld right now. Powell is an England coach working with world class and elite players as well as head of a Premier League academy. He’ll easily get a better job and have a better career than the pits of League One. Why should he go back to that? He’s done it. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Go for it and get Chris Wilder....he said he would drop to league one if it was the right club and owner. I reckon he would sort this rabble out.
    When did he say that?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Go for it and get Chris Wilder....he said he would drop to league one if it was the right club and owner. I reckon he would sort this rabble out.
    When did he say that?
    I think it was this interview, can’t remember how far in.

https://youtu.be/9bKz0FXeDyM
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Ainsworth for me, however he's been at WW for 9 years now and is probably very reluctant to leave
    No chance.

Firstly Sandgaard has to pay off Adkins and then probably also Jackson/Euell as Ainsworth would want to bring his own team with him. Secondly he is under contract at Wycombe until 2023 so we'd have to pay compensation for him and his backroom staff. Thirdly, Wycombe are going for promotion, we are clearly not so even if TS was prepared to spend a lot of money on points 1 & 2 there's little chance Aisnworth would even want to come here when he's got a very settled job already.
  • Options
    Like I said on other thread can’t think off one successful manger for us that has no previous ties with us since I’ve been going Mike Bailey onwards. 
  • Options
    Like I said on other thread can’t think off one successful manger for us that has no previous ties with us since I’ve been going Mike Bailey onwards. 
    Lenny.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Seen it quoted a few times, but never seen a source. Where has he actually said this?
  • Options
    Pull out all the stops for Wilder.

• Options
    Lennie was reserve team manager and a coach with us 
  • Options
    we should go all bbc and appoint a woman 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    By the way wilder has previous with us if being on loan counts
  • Options
    Wilder ticks the box for previous links with us as a player albeit just 3 appearances whilst on loan 90/92 😉.
  • Options
    Dame Hopey Powell?
  • Options
    But it's not as though the ones who were successful were recruited under anything like normal circumstances, with the exception of Powell.  Lennie, Curbs, Bowyer and Parkinson (not successful) were all given the job because they were already on the payroll.

Every manager we have actively recruited, in any normal type of way, in my life time, has been a disaster.  Bar Powell.  Dowie, Pardew, Slade, Robinson, Adkins.  That excludes the ones plucked out of Roland's coat pocket.

Managers, like player, will be reviered when they win games and slated if they don't.  It's a very different club to when Curbs took over, its even a different club to when Bowyer did. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafc999 said:
    cafctom said:
    Johnnie Jackson. A lot of people saying he is part of the problem, but without much basis as to exactly why. Do you see the training sessions? Do you follow the advice he gives?

Truth is, as a club we have always fared better when one of our own is at the helm and there’s a good feeling about the place. Call it sentimental mush if you choose, but it is a fact of the past 30 years on multiple occasions.

An ‘experienced’ manager at this level doesn’t really work or exist IMO. If they’re that experienced and competent, then why would they be hanging around the bottom half of League One after years in the game….Unless you want another Nigel Adkins or Russell Slade.

Based on your own appraisal, have you seen the training sessions he gives? In fact does he give those sessions or does he just follow NA's instructions?

In what I have seen and know about the professional game you don't have one big training session for all 20-30 players all do together.  They might do shape sessions and large scale games but even they aren't always manager led.  The smaller group work will almost certainly be coach led.

The truth is no one knows, unless they are actually there.  Even leaks should be taken with a pinch of salt as they are almost always agenda driven. 
    Judging by the way we play every week I doubt we do any work on shape. Defending corners is another shit storm where eveyone is defending in the box. 
  • Options
    We joke, but Emma Hayes is genuinely a delight. If you're sick of Adkins saying the same thing every time post-match then you'd love her contributions. No idea how she'd do managing a team that isn't lightyears ahead of most of its competitors in the league, but we'd definitely enjoy hearing her speak
  • Options
    Available options last in work in 2021
    (Not saying any are realistic): 

PL

Championship

League 1

• Options
    Come on. Everyone sing it. It just feels so right...

CHRISSY POWELL CHRISSY POWELL CHRISSY POWELL 
    I think that’s dreamworld right now. Powell is an England coach working with world class and elite players as well as head of a Premier League academy. He’ll easily get a better job and have a better career than the pits of League One. Why should he go back to that? He’s done it. 
    I'm not sure he would get a better manager's job given his past two went badly.

But that's not the point, the point is that the job(s) he's in now are better than being our manager.

Easier, more fun, probably better paid.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

PL

Championship

League 1

No Eddie Howe?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:

PL

Championship

League 1

No Eddie Howe?

he hasn't been in management since 2020, I think the list was just of managers who have been in work this year to stop the list getting too big.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dazzler21 said:

PL

Championship

League 1

No Eddie Howe?
    Being linked with Newcastle.
  • Options
    Alex Neil is only 40??? Hard is the life of a manager!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

PL

Championship

League 1

We'll end up with John Sheridan wont we

He always seems to end up as Manager of a struggling League One side
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Johnnie Jackson. A lot of people saying he is part of the problem, but without much basis as to exactly why. Do you see the training sessions? Do you follow the advice he gives?

Truth is, as a club we have always fared better when one of our own is at the helm and there’s a good feeling about the place. Call it sentimental mush if you choose, but it is a fact of the past 30 years on multiple occasions.

An ‘experienced’ manager at this level doesn’t really work or exist IMO. If they’re that experienced and competent, then why would they be hanging around the bottom half of League One after years in the game….Unless you want another Nigel Adkins or Russell Slade.

The fact he's in the training sessions and coaches the team currently is enough for me to say no. 
    What about the fact that he did so also when we won promotion?

I've been over this in my mind for weeks now and my conclusion is that Jacko is the lowest risk possibility giving us the greatest chance of the 1.25 ppg we need. In my opinion he'll do better than that - he'll put the spirit back into us, give us a settled system, a settled team and demand 100%

One thing that amuses me is the alternative suggestions. Be it the Wycombe, Accrington or Harrogate manager - have they done the business at more that one club? Did the club they are now at give them that chance? Give Jacko first refusal, then Euell, or joint managers as with Curbs & Gritt. Give the chance to those that deserve it within. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

The fact he's in the training sessions and coaches the team currently is enough for me to say no. 

I've been over this in my mind for weeks now and my conclusion is that Jacko is the lowest risk possibility giving us the greatest chance of the 1.25 ppg we need. In my opinion he'll do better than that - he'll put the spirit back into us, give us a settled system, a settled team and demand 100%

One thing that amuses me is the alternative suggestions. Be it the Wycombe, Accrington or Harrogate manager - have they done the business at more that one club? Did the club they are now at give them that chance? Give Jacko first refusal, then Euell, or joint managers as with Curbs & Gritt. Give the chance to those that deserve it within. 
    What about when we got relegated from the championship, when it all went Pete tong under Robinson, what about last season, what about this season?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:

What about when we got relegated from the championship, when it all went Pete tong under Robinson, what about last season, what about this season?
    You’re kind of proving his and many others point.  As the assistant there’s only so much influence he has.  
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:

I don't agree with this assertion that if the manager is not good enough everyone working underneath him is not so either, even though they may disagree with all the decisions being made.

Who would you want?