Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    I think it'll be Mick McCarthy, not my choice but just have a feeling 🤔
    well he hasn't got much longer at Cardiff
    Do we need someone who’s just been sacked who has lost 6 straight games, scored 1 goal and conceded 15. His record at the moment is worse than Adkins.
    Another experienced big name is exactly what we must avoid. 
  • Options
    Heart saysJackson even if just a caretaker manager. Or what about Matt Taylor at Exeter? Former player. 
    Wait, is Adkins still here? Surely we will not wait until our KO in the FA Cup? Or 2 more defeats this week? Can we not just stop the rot and get him out?
  • Options
    The only names I can really think of would probably not come to us.
  • Options
    Alex Neil

Done well with Hamilton and Norwich, started well at Preston but tailed off towards the end, would like to see him come in and think he is definitely within our capabilities of getting

He's probably the one "experienced" name I'd be a little interested in

Didnt do much wrong at Preston
    But would he be interested in us….in fact, I suspect there’s not many out there who would be as things stand.🥺
    I disagree. We have an unfit and underperforming squad. New guy comes in and improves fitness and morale and goes on a good run and will automatically have the backing of the owner and fans. 
  • Options
    If TS thought Jackson/Euell were the right men Adkins would be gone by now. 

I reckon Roddy is already conducting interviews in the background. 
    Is that legal? I think we are might be having off the record chats with agents but I doubt it’s at the interview stage yet
  • Options
    If TS is serious
    Go all out and pay wilder what he wants
    he has already said he would come to a league 1 club recently even if they need building up and are struggling
    back him let him bring his own team dont force anyone on him
    let him be in charge of signings
    he will keep us up and build with success over next couple years 

not intersted in anyone else tbf

clearout everyone NA JJ and JE
    I think it's harsh to include Euell. Ideally I'd have a manager and an assistant working together on the selection, formation, tactics and set-pieces. I like Euell as a first team coach working with the attacking players mainly. I really think we need a defensive coach and Steve Brown has to be the obvious contender. 
    I just feel sentiment needs to be put to the side they have all been part of a shocking start and its a results business 

i dont think its fair to bring yet another man in and force people on him just cause they are one of our own they need to feel comfortable they have who they know and trust around them to be a success so for that i feel a full clearout is needed
    Agreed on the sentiment, which is why I think any new manager needs to be able to replace Jacko with his own assistant. I think Euell can still be an asset as a first team coach. 
    what makes you think that ? .. he's hardly developed the team into winning ways in his new role
  • Options
    I think Duff is a good shout. Still like the Curbs/Brown partnership idea.
  • Options
    The one I think would work would be chris Wilder, but with his own people around him, would take some bankrolling though and very unlikely. 
  • Options

Is that legal? I think we are might be having off the record chats with agents but I doubt it’s at the interview stage yet
    It wouldn't be legal if you were actually going to sack Adkins because it would show premeditated action but as Adkins in reality is potentially being paid off, not sacked, I can't see how it is wrong legally. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On a serious note (although it will never happen and most will find it ludicrous), but I'd love to see Steve Brown in the seat. I think he'd certainly give 100% and is a great coach. The only reason his blood is red is because it's Charlton blood. I certainly can't see him doing any worse than we currently are

• Options
    If TS is serious
    he has already said he would come to a league 1 club recently even if they need building up and are struggling

I think it's harsh to include Euell. Ideally I'd have a manager and an assistant working together on the selection, formation, tactics and set-pieces. I like Euell as a first team coach working with the attacking players mainly. I really think we need a defensive coach and Steve Brown has to be the obvious contender. 
    I just feel sentiment needs to be put to the side they have all been part of a shocking start and its a results business 

i dont think its fair to bring yet another man in and force people on him just cause they are one of our own they need to feel comfortable they have who they know and trust around them to be a success so for that i feel a full clearout is needed
    Agreed on the sentiment, which is why I think any new manager needs to be able to replace Jacko with his own assistant. I think Euell can still be an asset as a first team coach. 
    what makes you think that ? .. he's hardly developed the team into winning ways in his new role
    And your blaming him based on what? He’s behind two others in the decision making. Euell has been highly thought of for a long time now, I think it would be unfair to get rid of so quickly. 
  • Options
    SCP?
  • Options
    Surprised Mark Bowen hasn't been mentioned. 

I thought his analysis was excellent at the Wigan game. 

Suspect he won't get a call though. Didn't he fall out with Roddy at Reading? 
  • Options

You're naive if you don't think football is full of this stuff. 

For example, do you not think Newcastle aren't doing interviews in the background while Bruce manages the team?
  • Options
    If TS is serious

And your blaming him based on what? He’s behind two others in the decision making. Euell has been highly thought of for a long time now, I think it would be unfair to get rid of so quickly. 
    I'm not blaming him for anything, and don't put words in my mouth, I am asking why you think he would be an asset to any new manager on the first team coaching staff when since his involvement under Adkins there has not been a noticeable improvement in player performance, at least no improvement that I can see
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I think it'll be Mick McCarthy, not my choice but just have a feeling 🤔
    well he hasn't got much longer at Cardiff
    Do we need someone who’s just been sacked who has lost 6 straight games, scored 1 goal and conceded 15. His record at the moment is worse than Adkins.
    I think the original comment was very tongue in cheek, at least I hope that it was  :*
  • Options
    You can see Sandgaards dilemma. He knows just as well as we do something needs to happen yet apart from being a new owner with a passion for football he has no knowledge of lower league football or up and coming young managers. He needs advice. The last lot of advice has ended in disaster. Who does he turn to ? Geddy ? Quite likely it was him that championed Adkins. I can understand why Thomas is hesitant. Next big decisions could re float the good ship CAFC or even send her to the bottom. Is he brave and clears out everything and starts again or just pins his hopes on if he gets a new manager things will turn around. I think our problems run deeper than Nigel Adkins. This is why I doubt we’ll see any action just yet. 
  • Options
    You can see Sandgaards dilemma. He knows just as well as we do something needs to happen yet apart from being a new owner with a passion for football he has no knowledge of lower league football or up and coming young managers. He needs advice. The last lot of advice has ended in disaster. Who does he turn to ? Geddy ? Quite likely it was him that championed Adkins. I can understand why Thomas is hesitant. Next big decisions could re float the good ship CAFC or even send her to the bottom. Is he brave and clears out everything and starts again or just pins his hopes on if he gets a new manager things will turn around. I think our problems run deeper than Nigel Adkins. This is why I doubt we’ll see any action just yet. 
    agreed .. as @blackpool72 said a while back and I paraphrase .. 'Sandgaard has bitten off more than he can chew' .. unquote .. I suspect Sandy saw what he perceived as a 'big club in far too low a position but going cheap' and thought it would be a doddle to get it back where it belonged, i.e. top Champ/middle Prem .. I hope he has learnt better by now and is in a position to do something about it before the present rot sinks the ship .. excuse my metaphor
  • Options
    Getting in the right person at this point in the season is difficult and not ideal. Would any of the currently unemployed managers fit ? I doubt it. Get Curbs in as caretaker until end of season. Keep JJ and Jason as his lieutenants. I’m sure he’d consider it. 
    I don’t agree. Need a new permanent manager now so he can properly assess the squad and use January as the start to getting the right squad in place for next season. His only remit should be to ensure we stay up this season and get us as high up the table as possible.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    On a serious note (although it will never happen and most will find it ludicrous), but I'd love to see Steve Brown in the seat. I think he'd certainly give 100% and is a great coach. The only reason his blood is red is because it's Charlton blood. I certainly can't see him doing any worse than we currently are

Didn't he get sacked as ebsfleet manager?
    Yeah, think he was Margate Manager as well
  • Options
    Didn’t someone on here recently say Brown said he doesn’t want to be a manager/coach? Something along the lines of not wanting to deal with the politics of it all.
  • Options
    Real high risk decision this. Get it wrong and we could be cut off with no prospect of saving ourselves from the 4th division. I would expect TS to put his top team on it and have a contingency fund ready for January.
  • Options
    I agree . 
  • Options
    SCP?

He now has a wealth of experience.

Gold CV for a league one club 
  • Options
    John Coleman (Accrington). Deserves a chance at a big club like ours. 
    Almost 60 years of age and in 24 year managerial career he's spent all but 4 of those years at Accrington. Lasted less than a year at Rochdale and less than 6 months at Southport.

I think he's definitely a case of a club suiting the manager.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Didn’t someone on here recently say Brown said he doesn’t want to be a manager/coach? Something along the lines of not wanting to deal with the politics of it all.
    Yeah I think it was me, he said he doesn’t want to be involved in coaching/management on the Brown & Benjy podcast (think it was the first episode, well worth a listen). 
  • Options
    I think TS needs to appoint an experienced football CEO first. Someone like Varney who is running the club on a day to day basis and not from States on a different time zone. They would have ultimate say (along with TS) on the appointment of the new manager and then undertake a review on the structure and personal of the SLT. Taking away responsibility or even letting go some of the underperforming staff.