Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I'd give it to Ged Roddy.

He previously managed Team Bath, he knows the current squad and has faith in the players.

More importantly, he will take us into the New Age of Football ... a world of TLAs (three letter abbreviations). 

He and his SMT (Senior Management Team) will monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and all players will have an EPP (Elite Performance Plan) - which will include CPD (Continued Personal Development).

What's not to like?
    You can FRO.

OK ... Plan B.

How about a team of RLMs?

*spoiler alert*

Robot Lawn Mowers?
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Go for it and get Chris Wilder....he said he would drop to league one if it was the right club and owner. I reckon he would sort this rabble out.
    When did he say that?
    Very recently in an interview another poster put up. 
  • Options
    Wilder quote is somewhere in this hour long video.

https://youtu.be/9bKz0FXeDyM
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Go for it and get Chris Wilder....he said he would drop to league one if it was the right club and owner. I reckon he would sort this rabble out.
    When did he say that?
    Here 48 mins in

https://youtu.be/ejRKhXoEiy8
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    TEL said:

Seen it quoted a few times, but never seen a source. Where has he actually said this?
    48 mins  in
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cafctom said:
    Johnnie Jackson. A lot of people saying he is part of the problem, but without much basis as to exactly why. Do you see the training sessions? Do you follow the advice he gives?

Truth is, as a club we have always fared better when one of our own is at the helm and there’s a good feeling about the place. Call it sentimental mush if you choose, but it is a fact of the past 30 years on multiple occasions.

An ‘experienced’ manager at this level doesn’t really work or exist IMO. If they’re that experienced and competent, then why would they be hanging around the bottom half of League One after years in the game….Unless you want another Nigel Adkins or Russell Slade.

The fact he's in the training sessions and coaches the team currently is enough for me to say no. 
    What about the fact that he did so also when we won promotion?

I've been over this in my mind for weeks now and my conclusion is that Jacko is the lowest risk possibility giving us the greatest chance of the 1.25 ppg we need. In my opinion he'll do better than that - he'll put the spirit back into us, give us a settled system, a settled team and demand 100%

One thing that amuses me is the alternative suggestions. Be it the Wycombe, Accrington or Harrogate manager - have they done the business at more that one club? Did the club they are now at give them that chance? Give Jacko first refusal, then Euell, or joint managers as with Curbs & Gritt. Give the chance to those that deserve it within. 
    What about when we got relegated from the championship, when it all went Pete tong under Robinson, what about last season, what about this season?

I don't agree with this assertion that if the manager is not good enough everyone working underneath him is not so either, even though they may disagree with all the decisions being made.

Who would you want?
    1 manager, 2 managers, 3 managers all should have been sacked.  Its a bit of a pattern isn't it?

I have no idea who I would want because, to be honest, I don't know how deep the problem is and anyone that claims they do is guessing.

@BR7_Addick Your right there is but normally the assistant comes and goes with the manager.  There is good reason for that. 
  • Options
    The standard procedure is surely to sack Adkins, and stick Jacko/Euell in caretaker charge

That will then flush out potential candidates. There may be brilliant coaches out there waiting for their first job, or existing L1 managers wanting to jump ship. And in the meantime we can see what the caretakers can do with the same players, in terms of motivation, tactics and formation
  • Options
    Dave Rudd said:
    I'd give it to Ged Roddy.

He previously managed Team Bath, he knows the current squad and has faith in the players.

More importantly, he will take us into the New Age of Football ... a world of TLAs (three letter abbreviations). 

He and his SMT (Senior Management Team) will monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and all players will have an EPP (Elite Performance Plan) - which will include CPD (Continued Personal Development).

What's not to like?

As we have showers at CAFC, I can't see that experience counting for much Dave :/
  • Options
    What’s the betting we win 3-0 tonight 😂
  • Options
    robroy said:
    What’s the betting we win 3-0 tonight 😂
    20/1 on Betfair, if you fancy it.  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    TEL said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    TEL said:

Seen it quoted a few times, but never seen a source. Where has he actually said this?
    48 mins  in
    That’s interesting. It’s almost like he had a club in mind when he said it. He’s at least worth a phone call. 
  • Options
    TEL said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    TEL said:

48 mins  in
    That’s interesting. It’s almost like he had a club in mind when he said it. He’s at least worth a phone call. 
    Probably hoping Sunderland fail. They could and should be pushing for promotion. To the premier league if and when they get promoted from this shitty league
  • Options
    TEL said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    TEL said:

48 mins  in
    Probably hoping Sunderland fail. They could and should be pushing for promotion. To the premier league if and when they get promoted from this shitty league
    There’s a few really. Ourselves, Sunderland, Ipswich, Pompey. 
  • Options
    Nigel has given experienced British managers a bad name. They aren't all as bad as him, and some eventually just run out of fuel.
    Fat Sam lost it last year.

It is pretty clear and simple. 

Nigel used to be good/ok....but now he is awful.

We need a league one competitive enthusiastic work-aholic.

Getting modern age players motivated is perhaps harder then expected

• Options
    Dinosaur football doesn’t help 
  • Options
    Gillingham 1-0 up now which means we’re four points from safety + a -8 goal difference, so essentially five points away. 
  • Options
    Gillingham 1-0 up now which means we’re four points from safety + a -8 goal difference, so essentially five points away. 
    And Fleetwood have a game in hand so it could go to 5 points adrift
  • Options
    TEL said:
    CAFCsayer said:
    TEL said:

48 mins  in
    Thanks for that. I listend all the way through.

That's probably the best interview with a football manager that I've ever heard.

• Options
    Problem is any new manager will have to be willing to work alongside Roddy.
    For that reason we'll end up with some other Muppet.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Anybody with a bit of fecking bite and aggression , no more mr nice guys

• Options
    No more dinosaurs please 
  • Options
    TS has got all the big decisions wrong so far. 
    Feel Roddy is bad news for our club. Recruitment is so wrong which is the lifeblood of the club.  
  • Options
    That picture of Holloway next to TS tonight is worrying. Very worrying.
  • Options
    Always the same when a manager is under threat. All the old faces come out the woodwork. Hopefully no more than that. Could even be scouting for someone. 
  • Options
    Always the same when a manager is under threat. All the old faces come out the woodwork. Hopefully no more than that. Could even be scouting for someone. 
    Lucky it wasn’t Holloway then. 
    Honest? Who was it then?