Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    That picture of Holloway next to TS tonight is worrying. Very worrying.
    Always the same when a manager is under threat. All the old faces come out the woodwork. Hopefully no more than that. Could even be scouting for someone. 
    Lucky it wasn’t Holloway then. 
    Good!
  • Options
    Always the same when a manager is under threat. All the old faces come out the woodwork. Hopefully no more than that. Could even be scouting for someone. 
    Good!
    It was Roddy 
  • Options
    Honest? Who was it then?

Ged Roddy
  • Options
    Good!
    It was Roddy 
    I know 
  • Options
    Alex Neil is only 40??? Hard is the life of a manager!
    See what you mean -

• Options
    Does anyone really know Roddys influence? Adkins is the man responsible for winning football matches. 

Recruitment could obviously have been better but we’ve still got a squad full of players who played in League 1 and didn’t get relegated. 
    MacGillivray, Matthews, Gunter, Purrington, Inniss, Famewo, Pearce, Watson, Morgan, Gilbey, Lee and Washington all finished top half (plus Stockley and DJ from Jan). 
    Henderson, Souare, Arter, Leko all played at a higher level. 
    Clare, Dobson and Kirk all did relatively well at clubs who avoided the drop. 
    Only players you could really argue are League 1 relegation quality are Lavelle, CBT and Davison as they all played League 2. 

Individuals don’t make a team and I’m not saying we should be unbeaten but this squad is a lot better than bottom 4. 
    You have but you haven't got a couple of the key elements that every good team needs, funny enough most of them are the ones Nigel mentioned at Bromley the other week. 
  • Options
    First get rid of Adkins and Roddy....appoint JJ caretaker with Euell assistant and Curbs DOF....if results don't pick up let Curbs help appoint a manager or do it himself
  • Options
    We need to get a manager in with a better record then Adkins at Charlton, and we know who that means:

• Options
    I doubt anyone will say this but Chris Powell? :-)
  • Options
    He would be mad to leave his England job to join our shit show.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He would be mad to leave his England job to join our shit show.
    I agree but a boy can dream in these awful times right?
  • Options
    Your only about the 7th person to say that. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Your only about the 7th person to say that. 
    Have you ever heard about the concept of sarcasm?
  • Options
    Does anyone really know Roddys influence? Adkins is the man responsible for winning football matches. 

Recruitment could obviously have been better but we’ve still got a squad full of players who played in League 1 and didn’t get relegated. 
    MacGillivray, Matthews, Gunter, Purrington, Inniss, Famewo, Pearce, Watson, Morgan, Gilbey, Lee and Washington all finished top half (plus Stockley and DJ from Jan). 
    Only players you could really argue are League 1 relegation quality are Lavelle, CBT and Davison as they all played League 2. 

Individuals don’t make a team and I’m not saying we should be unbeaten but this squad is a lot better than bottom 4. 
    I guess that's the issue with Technical Directors generally, nobody truly understands their role yet. Maybe he's giving good advice and Sandgaard isn't listening to it, we simply don't know.

http://southnorwoodaddick.com/2021/10/19/charlton-2-accrington-3-worst-charlton-performance-ever/
  • Options
    I thought people were joking when they said Holloway was there. I actually thought that was Roddy...
  • Options
    redbuttle said:
    I thought people were joking when they said Holloway was there. I actually thought that was Roddy...
    It was Roddy. 
  • Options
    Well Steve Bruce is now available 
  • Options

The squad definitely better than bottom 4. Perfectly capable of top 4 I’d say - but the reason they’re not is because they don’t play well together. 
    I think that’s beyond just manager, players and owner. The club used to have a philosophy - values and standards it holds dear. Those got lost in the wilderness years after Roly sacked Powell. They haven’t come back. 
    Find them again and we rise once more - although we probably need to have a clear out, too. 
    Ironically Adkins would probably thrive under that - but the rot is too deep for him to remain. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Steve Bruce ? .. he's available  :/
  • Options
    I’m at the point now where I don’t actually care who it is so long as they can organise a team as a unit.  
  • Options
    We need to get this one 100% right.  God knows who though. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    We need to get this one 100% right.  God knows who though. 
    Conte
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

You have but you haven't got a couple of the key elements that every good team needs, funny enough most of them are the ones Nigel mentioned at Bromley the other week. 
    I agree but I also think the right manager with the right tactics should get the team competitive. I don't think any team is ever too good to go down but there's no way the above squad of players should be as bad as they have been. 
  • Options
    I fear that we’re going to get another safe pair of hands appointment should Adkins leave. Driven by Roddy
  • Options
    I'm not saying who I think will get the job but these are the names I'd be happy with....

Chris Wilder or Tony Pulis....people who won't take any shit from poor players. Experienced, plain speakers who can get the best out of what they have and can build teams. 

Our biggest problem is being 3rd Division and seemingly being short of cash. Being bottom of the league isn't so much of a problem, as it makes it easier for someone to come in and make a visible impact. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Our success over the last 30 years has always been with a manager with experience of the club, Curbishley, Powell & Bowyer.

So for me you give it to JJ. The only ? is is he tarnished with the squad under Adkins, but I doubt it.

He was a highly intelligent player and a great leader, give him the season, back him in January (by that I don't mean loads to spend, but if he wants to shift people on let him and he'll wheel and deal).

IMHO he should have been given a shot when Bowyer went, now is his time.
    I’d welcome that as season caretaker because he’d unify the fan base which at the moment is toxic. There’s enough time for him to turn the season around and the job would be his to lose. Not much pressure because top six is now totally unrealistic. If he could prove his credentials by getting us top half then he’ll be in with a shout for permanent appointment. Unbelievably the next two transfer windows still need huge amounts of work. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    I'm not saying who I think will get the job but these are the names I'd be happy with....

Chris Wilder or Tony Pulis....people who won't take any shit from poor players. Experienced, plain speakers who can get the best out of what they have and can build teams. 

Our biggest problem is being 3rd Division and seemingly being short of cash. Being bottom of the league isn't so much of a problem, as it makes it easier for someone to come in and make a visible impact. 
    Why is it that at times like these, so many people shit the bed and call for a tactical dinosaur just because he's seen as hard, or something