Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    We need a manager who will verbally and physically abuse our players! Someone who will yell at them if we lose and yell at them if we win! Someone who loves a long throw! 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Simonsen said:
    I'm not saying who I think will get the job but these are the names I'd be happy with....

Chris Wilder or Tony Pulis....people who won't take any shit from poor players. Experienced, plain speakers who can get the best out of what they have and can build teams. 

Our biggest problem is being 3rd Division and seemingly being short of cash. Being bottom of the league isn't so much of a problem, as it makes it easier for someone to come in and make a visible impact. 
    Why is it that at times like these, so many people shit the bed and call for a tactical dinosaur just because he's seen as hard, or something 
    Hope you’re only referring to Pulis. No one who successfully implemented overlapping centre backs in League 1 can be a tactical dinosaur.
  • Options
    I struggle to work out what the next tactical innovation will be - overlapping goalkeepers perhaps?
  • Options
    I swear there was an occasion this season when I saw a goalkeeper taking a throw in.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Anybody with a bit of fecking bite and aggression , no more mr nice guys

Alice Cooper then?
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Scoham said:
    I struggle to work out what the next tactical innovation will be - overlapping goalkeepers perhaps?

I think there's a place for having three central defenders, one of which at any one time is free to join the midfield and attack.

Many teams struggle to follow runs from deep by players who don't have the ball.  So, the overload can be created in dangerous areas (eg Zone 14   :) ).

The identity of the extra man changes through the game, making it a bit more difficult for the opposition to deal with.

I tried this idea with success at County League level some years ago, and I think it could still be effective higher up the pyramid.  It would definitely cause problems for our current squad!

Of course, like any tactical system, you need the right players to implement it (Krystian Bielik, for example), but the idea of supplementing your attacking numbers from the back is attractive ... especially when so many teams are playing with only one or two forwards.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Simonsen said:
    I'm not saying who I think will get the job but these are the names I'd be happy with....

Chris Wilder or Tony Pulis....people who won't take any shit from poor players. Experienced, plain speakers who can get the best out of what they have and can build teams. 

Our biggest problem is being 3rd Division and seemingly being short of cash. Being bottom of the league isn't so much of a problem, as it makes it easier for someone to come in and make a visible impact. 
    Why is it that at times like these, so many people shit the bed and call for a tactical dinosaur just because he's seen as hard, or something 

What's fat Sam doing these days 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Did you miss MK Dons goal kicks? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I still can’t believe that already for weeks we’ve been engrossed in names for a new manager. Didn’t expect this shit this season. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    Leuth said:
    Simonsen said:

What's fat Sam doing these days 
    It’s just after 14:30 - I should imagine he is on his 5th pint of wine by now. 
  • Options
    No more dinosaurs please 

Arry rex-napp ain't doing EastEnders anymore and sandra can also probably get a bit annoying after a while.

At least we would actually sign players on Januarys deadline day.

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Yes, tell me more…
  • Options
    We've got to make ourselves hard to beat and start getting clean sheets, as our defensive record is hopeless. 

And that starts with coaching. Drilling good habits into the players, organising them to be hard to beat, getting them fitter and hungrier. And yes, that can be done with the existing squad, we're playing Cambridge and Burton, not Liverpool and Man City.

Get that sorted, then we can worry about champagne football

Can Jacko do that? I'm not so sure.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

100% if the Portugal Guys had managed to get their ownership over the line he was most probably going to be the head coach. Their project was very interesting but quite disruptive. Also the new rules on Brexit may well have caused a few headaches for them.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

You absolute tease.

Getting my hopes up

Hope it's true and it does happen!
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

100% if the Portugal Guys had managed to get their ownership over the line he was most probably going to be the head coach. Their project was very interesting but quite disruptive. Also the new rules on Brexit may well have caused a few headaches for them.

• Options
    shirty5 said:

Well at least he'd sort our shambles of a defence out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Our success over the last 30 years has always been with a manager with experience of the club, Curbishley, Powell & Bowyer.

So for me you give it to JJ. The only ? is is he tarnished with the squad under Adkins, but I doubt it.

He was a highly intelligent player and a great leader, give him the season, back him in January (by that I don't mean loads to spend, but if he wants to shift people on let him and he'll wheel and deal).

IMHO he should have been given a shot when Bowyer went, now is his time.
    This, this and this again

genuinely think he’d surprise a few and change things up 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Yes, tell me more…
    They pass them to the keeper. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Rothko said:
    is there really a preception of us being short cash? Or is it people who have just got a bug bear over not blowing loads of cash in the window? 
    But thats not true... We spent over £1m on Kirk | Stockley | Lavelle | Clare

You've got the wages and signing on fees for Souare | Henderson | Blackett-Taylor | Dobson | MacGillivray (not to mention those who renewed) - It makes our position worse as apart from Ipswich | Wigan, we're probably in the top six for spending this summer.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:

Really ??
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    is there really a preception of us being short cash? Or is it people who have just got a bug bear over not blowing loads of cash in the window? 
    But thats not true... We spent over £1m on Kirk | Stockley | Lavelle | Clare

You've got the wages and signing on fees for Souare | Henderson | Blackett-Taylor | Dobson | MacGillivray (not to mention those who renewed) - It makes our position worse as apart from Ipswich | Wigan, we're probably in the top six for spending this summer.
    yeah, agreed, just some on here are insistent that 1) Sandgaard is penniless 2) we didn't spend at all and 3) that we're at the whim of a stock price which is 4x its value it was 2 years ago.
  • Options
    Its a interest free loan isn’t it. So he just joins the Q of people who are owed money ?
  • Options
    I fear that we’re going to get another safe pair of hands appointment should Adkins leave. Driven by Roddy

If a caretaker's safe pair of hands can keep us in League 1 in the interim then fine.

Why can't we advertise for the job and see if we can get a person in their 30's with a pro license to apply.

After 14 days of an intensive search, we are down to 2 names ?

Green or Wagstaff ! Sorry I meant:

Johnny Jackson or John Terry.

I will pick J......