Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Tam Courts
  • Options
    edited October 2021

Said it before, but Jackson is the only person to have won a game coming from behind since 2018.

Wow. Is that stat accurate? 
    Sorry got my dates wrong, meant 2019 as was thinking of the 2018/19 season

Bristol Rovers (3-2) win was the last time we achieved it.

13th April 2019 (win over Luton Town) was the game before that

Not great though is it...
  • Options
    Tam Courts
    He'll be off to Rangers after Gerrard joins Newcastle  :)
  • Options
    Had to google the Beale fella, but other than a similar dress sense to me I don’t know enough to comment. 🤷‍♂️

• Options

Said it before, but Jackson is the only person to have won a game coming from behind since 2018.

Bristol City December 2019 would have been the time before the Bristol Rovers game.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Belv said:

Bristol City December 2019 would have been the time before the Bristol Rovers game.
    Yeah I see what you mean.

My point is based on Charlton conceding the first goal, as we were 1-0 up against Bristol City

We might as well call the remainder of a game off. the moment it goes 0-1
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    All you people saying Jackson you do realise he is part of the problem !!!
     Totally Disagree.

Jacko is better than that. He has the fabric of this club pumping through his veins. He's been with us every step of the way through the darkest of times. He understands better than anyone what is as a group of supporters have given to this club. He knows we deserve better.Much better

In the past year he's been told what to do by a clueless nodding dog. A talking and 'Walking' disaster. There are no dead certs at league one level. And that's the market TS will be shopping in if he decides to look elsewhere. No Jurgen Klopps or Thomas Tuchals. Chances are we'll end up with another Adkins
    I think JJ deserves his chance personally
    You've missed out how damned fashionable he looked when he was Manager that one time.

We need to get to see that on a regular basis
  • Options
    Re Michael Beale, for others wondering.. coach at Rangers FC, first came through at Charlton and left aged 19;

https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/89383/michael-beale

https://michaelbealecoaching.com/michael-beale/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Speculative but maybe Jackson has been asked if he would take over but has declined. The structure and talent in place may not be to his liking at all. 
  • Options
    I think it'll be Mick McCarthy, not my choice but just have a feeling 🤔
  • Options
    well he hasn't got much longer at Cardiff
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
     Totally Disagree.

Jacko is better than that. He has the fabric of this club pumping through his veins. He's been with us every step of the way through the darkest of times. He understands better than anyone what this group of supporters have given to this club. He knows we deserve better.Much better

In the past year he's been told what to do by a clueless nodding dog. A talking and 'Walking' disaster. There are no dead certs at league one level. And that's the market TS will be shopping in if he decides to look elsewhere. No Jurgen Klopps or Thomas Tuchals. Chances are we'll end up with another Adkins
    I think JJ deserves his chance personally
    I'm not saying he shouldn't be given a chance, but at the moment we don't know whether he's up to the job or not.

Living and breathing the club and being a club legend isn't enough by itself, or else Gritt and Kinsella wouldn't have been let go
  • Options
    Speculative but maybe Jackson has been asked if he would take over but has declined. The structure and talent in place may not be to his liking at all. 
    He might never get the chance again, I think he’d take any chance he’s offered.
  • Options
    If TS is serious
    Go all out and pay wilder what he wants
    he has already said he would come to a league 1 club recently even if they need building up and are struggling
    back him let him bring his own team dont force anyone on him
    let him be in charge of signings
    he will keep us up and build with success over next couple years 

not intersted in anyone else tbf

clearout everyone NA JJ and JE
    I think it's harsh to include Euell. Ideally I'd have a manager and an assistant working together on the selection, formation, tactics and set-pieces. I like Euell as a first team coach working with the attacking players mainly. I really think we need a defensive coach and Steve Brown has to be the obvious contender. 
    I just feel sentiment needs to be put to the side they have all been part of a shocking start and its a results business 

i dont think its fair to bring yet another man in and force people on him just cause they are one of our own they need to feel comfortable they have who they know and trust around them to be a success so for that i feel a full clearout is needed
  • Options
    Gus Poyet!
  • Options
    Gus Poyet!
    As long as he doesn't bring that prick Tarrico with him. 
  • Options
    It is probably nothing but I saw a car with the number plate a Neil on sparrow lane a couple of days before the fleetwood game. Quite common name but it did make me wonder 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sandgaard would bring in a manager that is out of work.
  • Options
    Sandgaard would bring in a manager that is out of work.
    Which could cost him more in the long run.
  • Options
    Alex Neil

Done well with Hamilton and Norwich, started well at Preston but tailed off towards the end, would like to see him come in and think he is definitely within our capabilities of getting

He's probably the one "experienced" name I'd be a little interested in

Didnt do much wrong at Preston
    But would he be interested in us….in fact, I suspect there’s not many out there who would be as things stand.🥺
  • Options
    Michael Duff has had success at a "small" club and his team's seem to have structure and a way of playing.

Beale is untested as a manager but great potential.

Wouldn't be unhappy with JJ or Euell.

Would love Wilder but he wanted control over signings when Duchatelet tried to get him. Since then he's managed in the premier league so may not want to be at the beck and call of the black box.

Suspect a German or Scandi "coach" rather than a "manager" will get the call, if it comes, but the ideal choice would be our current U18s manager.

Since Ged Roddy got involved things have become worse, especially on recruitment. 

Who suggested he should come to CAFC.?
    I have asked the question of who put Thomas and Roddy together and how three times. Once on the CAST webinar with Roddy and Gallen. Twice via email directly to Thomas or his PR person that replies. Have not been given the name of the matchmaker. I wonder why?
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    Was Bowyer part of the problem when Robinson was struggling?
  • Options
    I like the man but have to say his halcyon days are looking long over.
    IMHO.
  • Options
    Michael Duff has had success at a "small" club and his team's seem to have structure and a way of playing.

Beale is untested as a manager but great potential.

Wouldn't be unhappy with JJ or Euell.

Would love Wilder but he wanted control over signings when Duchatelet tried to get him. Since then he's managed in the premier league so may not want to be at the beck and call of the black box.

Suspect a German or Scandi "coach" rather than a "manager" will get the call, if it comes, but the ideal choice would be our current U18s manager.
    Hamza Serrar, be interesting if he is in contention
  • Options
    If TS is serious
    Go all out and pay wilder what he wants
    he has already said he would come to a league 1 club recently even if they need building up and are struggling
    back him let him bring his own team dont force anyone on him
    let him be in charge of signings
    he will keep us up and build with success over next couple years 

not intersted in anyone else tbf

clearout everyone NA JJ and JE
    I think it's harsh to include Euell. Ideally I'd have a manager and an assistant working together on the selection, formation, tactics and set-pieces. I like Euell as a first team coach working with the attacking players mainly. I really think we need a defensive coach and Steve Brown has to be the obvious contender. 
    I just feel sentiment needs to be put to the side they have all been part of a shocking start and its a results business 

i dont think its fair to bring yet another man in and force people on him just cause they are one of our own they need to feel comfortable they have who they know and trust around them to be a success so for that i feel a full clearout is needed
    Agreed on the sentiment, which is why I think any new manager needs to be able to replace Jacko with his own assistant. I think Euell can still be an asset as a first team coach. 
  • Options
    well he hasn't got much longer at Cardiff
    Do we need someone who’s just been sacked who has lost 6 straight games, scored 1 goal and conceded 15. His record at the moment is worse than Adkins.
  • Options
    If TS thought Jackson/Euell were the right men Adkins would be gone by now. 

I reckon Roddy is already conducting interviews in the background.