Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Next Manager??

Comments

• Richard J said:
    Odds are funny sometimes, you'd think Claus Jensen would be shorter than Paul Ince for example:

https://www.bettingodds.com/news/next-charlton-manager-odds-adkins-sacked-jackson-flynn-harris-powell-laudrup
    Emma Hayes at 25-1 and Curbs at 33-1.

Not saying Lord Llewelyn wants the job, but surely he would be ahead of Emma Hayes as much as I do like her as a pundit. 
    Knows her stuff and is a very good coach.
    It can't be long before we have female coaches in the men's game, surely
  • edited October 2021
    Richard J said:
    Odds are funny sometimes, you'd think Claus Jensen would be shorter than Paul Ince for example:

https://www.bettingodds.com/news/next-charlton-manager-odds-adkins-sacked-jackson-flynn-harris-powell-laudrup

Not saying Lord Llewelyn wants the job, but surely he would be ahead of Emma Hayes as much as I do like her as a pundit. 

Emma Hayes has a much better job and got to the Champions League final last year and has some of the best players in woman's football. Why would she leave Chelsea women to come to Cafc in the 3rd tier with all the negativity about the team plus the burden of being a female manager in a man's world of the EFL.

Hayes was mentioned for the Wimbledon men's team last season and she felt insulted. 

She can swear like a trooper and wouldn't be intimated by the passe comments.

* Casey Stoney is a top coach and ex Charlton player and will make a top manager but why would she want to drop down to manage average players in the men's game 
    She was also extremely insulted when the press linked her to the Wimbledon job last season.

Edit: that will learn me to read the whole post before replying..... 
  • Emma Hayes is on massive money at Chelsea for starters 
  • Chunes said:
    Richard J said:

Not sure about that mate there was quite a few on here distressed as we had 1 in our boardroom last night
  • Chunes said:
    Richard J said:

Best coach I’ve ever had or worked with was a woman. She’s in the England womens setup now. I don’t know why we don’t already tbh. The NFL does.
  • Richard J said:

I dunno, Emma Hayes is a current manager, so that would reduce her odds even if it's still incredibly unlikely

But not as unlikely as former Gillingham and Welling boss Steve Lovell at 20-1!

Paul Tisdale (16-1) shows how fortunes can change. 3 years ago he was the brilliant Exeter manager, tipped for a bigger club. 2 failures later he's yesterday's man
  • Chunes said:
    Richard J said:

It can't be long before we have females driving coaches in the men's game, surely
    Fixed for you ;-))
  • People here wanting to give curbs a shot but moaning about Adkins being a dinosaur and his football not exactly being entertaining, remind me again… did we play expansive football when curbs was manager ?? His football will be more outdated than Adkins, hasn’t he been out the game for over 10 years? Move on 

I don't think curbs returning would help anyone. Let him continue enjoying retirement. He deserves the peace.

I do think "outdated" is just in reference to modern day player attitudes. Outdated term is an unfair assumption on older managers. Curbs would be rusty, but he wouldn't be tactically inept.

Bit of a random reflection, but I remember watching that crappy Tottenham documentary from a year or so ago.

Jose mourinho calls deli ali into his office...and he is trying to help him.

JM has won 3 champions leagues, loads of league titles and cups in 4 european countries. 

Ali walks in...body language and tone suggested he wasn't impressed...wasn't interested, wasn't really listening, and simply just didn't give a shit.
    You would expect that behaviour from a bored employee at a supermarket, office, call centre or something. Not a professional footballer.

Go back to 2004/5....every player in the Chelsea dressing room thought the world of JM and they followed his every word. All looked up to him.

• Having listened to TS interview I reckon he'll stick with JJ for the foreseeable. JJ will then get a "new manager bounce" for a few games which will convince TS to keep him in situ until the end of the season - which will culminate in relegation to League 2.
  • Having listened to TS interview I reckon he'll stick with JJ for the foreseeable. JJ will then get a "new manager bounce" for a few games which will convince TS to keep him in situ until the end of the season - which will culminate in relegation to League 2.
    And the bad news..?
  • Sponsored links:

• Richard J said:

Emma Hayes has a much better job and got to the Champions League final last year and has some of the best players in woman's football. Why would she leave Chelsea women to come to Cafc in the 3rd tier with all the negativity about the team plus the burden of being a female manager in a man's world of the EFL.

Hayes was mentioned for the Wimbledon men's team last season and she felt insulted. 

She can swear like a trooper and wouldn't be intimated by the passe comments.

* Casey Stoney is a top coach and ex Charlton player and will make a top manager but why would she want to drop down to manage average players in the men's game 

I was always of the opinion that a woman managing a men's professional team just wouldnt work but as we dont have a single man in our current squad ... This might actually be an astute managerial selection! 

• I was always of the opinion that a woman managing a men's professional team just wouldnt work but as we dont have a single man in our current squad ... This might actually be an astute managerial selection! 

• I was always of the opinion that a woman managing a men's professional team just wouldnt work but as we dont have a single man in our current squad ... This might actually be an astute managerial selection! 
    Are they all married..?
  • Mick McCarthy should be available any day now.
  • Reading a lot about Michael Flynn being fav now … if we go down that route … 
  • Reading a lot about Michael Flynn being fav now … if we go down that route … 
    So no chance of Michael Flynn happening as Manager then? ;)
  • It’s Jackson’s to lose. If we’re still in relegation problems in January then perhaps he’ll be replaced but I think he’ll steer us to top bottom half. 
  • Won't deny I'm a bit concerned by this cheaping out by TS, but at the same time, I was ready and willing for Jack to have the end of last season. 

Let's give him our full support, reset expectation on the players and re-assess in 10 games. 

I have a fear it won't work out, but at least it will have been tried and that's the least Jacko deserves after 11 years at our nightmare of a club 🤣
  • Who realistically would people want other than Jacko here?

(and no stupid suggestions like Howe/Wilder etc)

I honestly don't pretend to be an expert I lower league managers (or first team coaches at PL sides etc) but I'd prefer someone young with new ideas.

Maybe the likes of Michael Beale/Ryan Lowe type (though not necessarily them!) over another Adkins/Mick Mccarthy type.

We need a big freshen up and something exciting for the players to work with.

Hopefully Jackson does the business though (although I must admit I'm not that confident).
  • Sponsored links:

Mike Duff | Michael Beale | Andy Hughes, or some other promising U23 Manager we dont know about.

I wouldnt be opposed to a Danish Manager provided they're not some completely unknown... e.g. Got to remember that Thomas Frank was Manager of Brondby for three years before he came over to England.

Emma Hayes, maybe - I get why she'd find a League One team insulting but unfortunately there hasnt been a Female Manager in the Mens game, it might be wrong but it does feel like she'd need to prove herself first a little bit... Trouble is its a big risk, and dont think we can overly afford that big of a risk at the moment.
  • I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Won't deny I'm a bit concerned by this cheaping out by TS, but at the same time, I was ready and willing for Jack to have the end of last season. 

Let's give him our full support, reset expectation on the players and re-assess in 10 games. 

I have a fear it won't work out, but at least it will have been tried and that's the least Jacko deserves after 11 years at our nightmare of a club 🤣
    It’s the cheap option but it’s also a reasonable option. 

Fans love him, players seem to love him, young and has a point to prove. 

Jj might fail but there is also a very good chance that this could be a master stroke 
  • I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
    Think its just the concern what with Jackson having been given the task of organising set pieces, the defence.

If he's the sole reason for those two things being bad this season then yeah it might not be an improvement.

But we equally dont know if he's just relaying Adkins instructions.
  • Croydon said:
    I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
    Think it boils down to the fact that he's part of the coaching set-up that has seen the worst Charlton side most of us have ever seen. How big a part he played in it is anyone's guess.
    Its a fair point but Bowyer was assistant to Robinson when we were fairly dire and he turned it round pretty quickly. Do assistant managers really have that much of a say in how the team is set up? I genuinely have no idea!

Mike Duff | Michael Beale | Andy Hughes, or some other promising U23 Manager we dont know about.

I wouldnt be opposed to a Danish Manager provided they're not some completely unknown... e.g. Got to remember that Thomas Frank was Manager of Brondby for three years before he came over to England.

Emma Hayes, maybe - I get why she'd find a League One team insulting but unfortunately there hasnt been a Female Manager in the Mens game, it might be wrong but it does feel like she'd need to prove herself first a little bit... Trouble is its a big risk, and dont think we can overly afford that big of a risk at the moment.
    I certainly don't think we need the circus that would accompany Emma Hayes, however good she might be
  • Croydon said:
    I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
    Think it boils down to the fact that he's part of the coaching set-up that has seen the worst Charlton side most of us have ever seen. How big a part he played in it is anyone's guess.
    guess we'll find out over the next month or so