Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Next Manager??

Comments

• Options
    Win next Saturday and can’t see how Jackson doesn’t get the job until the end of the season.
    What if we went and lost the 4-5 games after that?

I'd personally give him 10 league games to see what he can do (although we'll probably have a good enough idea before then). 10 games would take us up to christmas and if things aren't working by then we'll get a new manager in for the January window. If he's done well in those 10 games then he'd fully deserve to keep the job until the end of the season.
  • Options
    Jacko until end of November. Give a new manager a month before the January window to assess the squad. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Kips said:
    What about this guy? Not my choice you understand  
    Steve mackenzie for next cafc manager.  Now that would be a left field appointment.
    That’s wilder next to him isn’t it?
    CORRECT
  • Options
    I'm curious as to why the majority of people think Jackson will be so bad? 
    Because he's our defensive coach.
    He's had a shocker so far ;)
  • Options
    Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but Luis Boa Morte and Nicky Butt have been linked to the Cardiff Job on Wales Online. The article goes on to mention both are also interested in the Charlton job.

Probably shit but thought worth mentioning.
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Claus Jensen would be very interesting , got the Charlton Connection as well as the Danish connection and seems to be well respected in his current job, although the Ronnie Swartz fiasco tells me that that Danish form might not translate well to league one.
    His team are nothing special and I really don’t rate him as a manager. We could do much better imho 
  • Options
    Sorry if mentioned elsewhere but Luis Boa Morte and Nicky Butt have been linked to the Cardiff Job on Wales Online. The article goes on to mention both are also interested in the Charlton job.

Were they both linked to the Barcelona job as well  :D
  • Options

Feels like that's a game of 'name a random player from the late 90s/early 2000s'.
  • Options
    Yeah I’d hate either of them. Boa Morte has been Silvas assistant at Everton and Fulham, but I would not want him here at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's going to be Jacko.  100% nailed on

He's gonna do well too!!!
  • Options
    It's going to be Jacko.  100% nailed on

He's gonna do well too!!!
    Win Saturday and I think it’s pretty much nailed on.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Too soon .... reevaluate at Christmas.
  • Options
    Win next Saturday and can’t see how Jackson doesn’t get the job until the end of the season.
    What if we went and lost the 4-5 games after that?

I'd personally give him 10 league games to see what he can do (although we'll probably have a good enough idea before then). 10 games would take us up to christmas and if things aren't working by then we'll get a new manager in for the January window. If he's done well in those 10 games then he'd fully deserve to keep the job until the end of the season.
    Exactly this.
  • Options
    Hmmm. Don’t feck this up Roddy.
    You’ve already found the new manager. 
  • Options

Saw that on the FB group.

• Options
    A random tweet unless he's interested in the job himself.

Unless Fowler is just doing a tweet a day from every ground where he was successful!
  • Options
    Maybe Robbie is coming in as striker coach, more likely he is scouting our U18 team!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If fowler had been in for an interview, he would be pretty stupid to post that unless a contract had been signed. 

He was probably at the ground for non professional footballing reasons. Maybe he was at the ground for a charity type event
  • Options
    The amount of fans who got proper rage because some of us called Chris Powell ‘Sir’.

They’d combust if we got ‘God’ as manager…
  • Options
    I’m sure the eye is being cast around but I’m confident that Jacko is the new manager unless by Christmas we’re still bottom six. It’s definitely his to lose.
  • Options
    There is plenty of us with big money on various betting sites for Jackson to get the job. Assuming the Checkatrade is a competitive match, cannot imagine in any circumstances Jackson won’t be manager against Leyton in 10days. That will be match number 5 and we are half way there to a lovely pre Xmas payout. 
  • Options
    can't see anything other than jacko as manager - certainly hope so 
  • Options
    Phil Parkinson, sorry Johnnie Jackson will be judged on results before we announce a permanent manager 
  • Options
    And after nine straight defeats he's the best man for the job.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Phil Parkinson, sorry Johnnie Jackson will be judged on results before we announce a permanent manager 
    I remember Richard Murray telling us all at the share holders meeting that Parkinson was the best manger he worked with, better than Curbs???😡😡😡.
  • Options

He's probably talking about the time he bumped into me and a couple of others. We were mooching round to the Liberal Club from the Horse and he come limping up Harvey Garden on crutches. It during an early 90's game against Blackburn or possibly Newcastle. Had a good chat with him, he said he'd come down to see Kenny Dalglish.

• Options
    Gribbo said:

He's probably talking about the time he bumped into me and a couple of others. We were mooching round to the Liberal Club from the Horse and he come limping up Harvey Garden on crutches. It during an early 90's game against Blackburn or possibly Newcastle. Had a good chat with him, he said he'd come down to see Kenny Dalglish.

Pretty sure that was v Blackburn during our famous 1994 FA cup run. I saw him too near the club shop. He was an up and coming talent in those days.