Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

Comments

• Options
    Well if we jump 3 places we will stay up. More importantly though, it is harder to climb a few places at the top than more places at the bottom.
  • Options
    I think the "set-up" that is referred to by Airman Brown is the set-up above the coaches. Correct me if I am wrong Airman Brown.

I agree though the "set-up" is broken.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    My biggest thing is the lack of player motivation....I have seen that this season with a lot of players lacking the fighting spirit needed to compete.....JJ is partly to blame for that because he is part of the coaching team....I hope he can turn it around.....  
    This isn't really the thread for this but I keep hearing we have a good squad yet I look at our players performances and those of other teams and i just can't see it.
     I hope I'm wrong. 
  • Options
    Has he posted a video today of him walking & spouting how wonderful life is....😄
    Was that post really necessary……answer NO, it fing well wasn’t!🤨
    That was the edited version......you should have said what I originally typed  !
  • Options
    IAgree said:
    Right decision however I remain to be convinced about JJ. I simply can’t tell how good he is, or could be, or how much responsibility he has for the current situation. Knowing and having loyalties to the club, being a great player and well liked, does not necessarily equate to being a good manager. Personally I don’t think pitching him into the current situation is good for his development and is unreasonable.

Viewed from another perspective Sandgaard has dithered over Adkins and is now dithering over a replacement. If this goes wrong we might end up in an even worse situation in three games. Of course he will gain short term popularity (which he clearly loves) and save money with this decision, however it it’s certainly not without its risks, and doesn’t suggest an underlying strategy. Seriously what was being discussed into the small hours?!? 

I sincerely hope I’m wrong and JJ is the next Curbs
    This.

I'm not sure a relegation threatened & uninspiring team is the best place to start your managerial career.

Will fans be wanting to boo & chant "you're getting sacked in the morning" if Jacko only wins 1 of his next 6 games. ?  
  • Options
    I don’t think the problem is necessarily fitness, it’s not as if we have many muscle injuries. 

It seems Sandgaard alluded to the team running less miles in a game than their opponents, with his reasoning being fitness. I wouldn’t be surprised if the running data changed now Adkins has gone.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    My biggest thing is the lack of player motivation....I have seen that this season with a lot of players lacking the fighting spirit needed to compete.....JJ is partly to blame for that because he is part of the coaching team....I hope he can turn it around.....  
    Ultimately the players will listen to the manager. He wont have JJ & JE give orders without his say so. 

If the squad value JJ like its been said then the impact will be quite obvious from the get go. 

Successful season for me personally would be a mid-table finish...shit as that is but given our current position it would be an achievement. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Now we just have to stay up.  I hope we do it comfortably, start to climb the table and have a few decent performances.  It will be a wretched season if we stumble and crawl our way to safety and only just make it.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    IAgree said:
    Right decision however I remain to be convinced about JJ. I simply can’t tell how good he is, or could be, or how much responsibility he has for the current situation. Knowing and having loyalties to the club, being a great player and well liked, does not necessarily equate to being a good manager. Personally I don’t think pitching him into the current situation is good for his development and is unreasonable.

Viewed from another perspective Sandgaard has dithered over Adkins and is now dithering over a replacement. If this goes wrong we might end up in an even worse situation in three games. Of course he will gain short term popularity (which he clearly loves) and save money with this decision, however it it’s certainly not without its risks, and doesn’t suggest an underlying strategy. Seriously what was being discussed into the small hours?!? 

This.

I'm not sure a relegation threatened & uninspiring team is the best place to start your managerial career.

Will fans be wanting to boo & chant "you're getting sacked in the morning" if Jacko only wins 1 of his next 6 games. ?  
    Look forward to seeing this in 3 months on a "told you so" thread, along with ormiston reposting his Adkins comments for the 20th time.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    clive said:

“I’ve got my own style and I need to imprint that on the team. What we’ve been doing isn’t working, clearly. So, I need to do something different. The players need to do something different.”

Naming a consistent starting 11 to develop partnerships, and being hard to beat has to be the start of it.

I also suspect JJ will give instructions in a more straight forward way than Nigel which, ultimately, is what footballers want. 

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Saturday should be a free hit for JJ first game that matters is Doncaster, give him Saturday to work out what he’s doing 
    Loving all these free hits.

Isn't that what Adkins was given by many on here when he took over. I remember quite a few people saying that the season was written off & that Adkins could now have time to assess the squad before the big summer rebuild.

Just remind me again how that went  ?

JJ's free hit(s) might mean League 2 football next season. 

Dont say you weren't warned.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

This.

Well he wouldn't get many chances for a first job at a club top of the division with an inspiring team in the football league would he? 

As far as I'm concerned and I think anyone else, we at best will be in this league next season. Nothing at all to cheer about but that's all Jackson realistically needs to do unless in January we can get players in. I think a relegation threatened team in our position is the best place to start your career especially with so many games left to play. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I don’t know if Jackson and Euell are the medium or long term answer for Charlton. I do know that all they have to do this year is get to 20th and stay there. So they need to get, as it stands, 5 more points than those around and immediately above us. If they can with what we’ve got and can get in during January then they have succeeded and might be worth longer term contracts to see what they can do.

But the problems we have are systemic and in the club’s governance, if those aren’t addressed and improved then we’ll always be sinking down the leagues. 

Sandgaard needs to step up as much as the new coaches and team do. Let’s hope he can.
  • Options
    This is Johnnie's second stint as caretaker manager, and his first one didn't go too badly if I remember rightly. Just hope TS doesn't take the piss out of him and gives him the chance to make it his own 
  • Options
    Henderson
    Matthews Elewere Pearce Purrington
    Jaiyesimi Dobson Watson Kirk
    Washington Davison

Fuck it, new manager, new starting XI
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacko will have his own ideas of how he wants a team of his to play and the formation, yes he was part of the coaching set up but if he went to the manager and said 'boss we should play 4.4.2 and what you are doing is costing us games' would he have been listened to? It was clear that Adkins had one way of playing and he also believed that once full fitness was attained by the players then results would come, they didn't. The Bolton game proved that with the high press and a three man midfield we ran out of legs, and results improved slightly but the last two games have displayed the faults in Adkins selection of team and tactics. 
  • Options
    The fucking shambles of a transer window has left the squad over-inflated with about 9 players we don't even need. The youth has got no chance anymore & half the squad is not gonna be match fit at any point in the season unless they rotate stupid amounts. January needs a 2 out 1 in policy for sure. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    clive said:

“I’ve got my own style and I need to imprint that on the team. What we’ve been doing isn’t working, clearly. So, I need to do something different. The players need to do something different.”

Naming a consistent starting 11 to develop partnerships, and being hard to beat has to be the start of it.

I also suspect JJ will give instructions in a more straight forward way than Nigel which, ultimately, is what footballers want. 

There were a couple of quotes in there that proved he wasnt in agreement with Adkins methods also..
  • Options
    It is all a real enigma to me.
    For once we actually had a transfer budget and for some reason the player we have bought just dont look up to it.
    End of last season our defense was fine, now we look like conceding all the time
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    clive said:

Adkins speaks in wishing washy jargon and cliches. Jackson doesn’t. Never has. 
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    To all thos that are saying JJ was already part of the coaching team and so won’t make much of an impact or difference, remember when Bows first took over from Robbo? Wasn’t it the same comments , but he changed things completly and got a reaction I’m sure Jacko can do the same 
    I still wonder what would have happened if Lewis Page hadn't had scored that screamer in Bows first game in charge.

Small margins.
  • Options
    The most infuriating thing about this kind of situation is that no doubt you will see a response from the players on Saturday even if we eventually lose the game. Players these days just seem to have no dignity. If I was a craftsmen and I hated my boss I would still go in and do my job to the absolute best of my ability. Players get away with it far too easily.
    I don't get the impression any of the players have downed tools, they certainly put up a fight on Tuesday, just unfortunately it was an impotent, limp dicked attempt at it. 
  • Options
    Saturday should be a free hit for JJ first game that matters is Doncaster, give him Saturday to work out what he’s doing 
    Loving all these free hits.

Isn't that what Adkins was given by many on here when he took over. I remember quite a few people saying that the season was written off & that Adkins could now have time to assess the squad before the big summer rebuild.

Just remind me again how that went  ?

JJ's free hit(s) might mean League 2 football next season. 

Dont say you weren't warned.
    I hope Jackson prints this quote out and sticks it on his office door.

Unusually to others on this forum I agree with you a fair bit cos of your pessimistic view relates to mine but this is righting off a bloke who has been in charged of a couple of games which we have won and before he even gets a chance to even manage his first 'proper' game you have already dismissed the bloke. 

Not sure if you're doing what @ormings@Ormiston_Addick is doing who I agreed with but never liked or laughed at his comment due to at least giving the adkins a chance though I was far from convinced of his appointment. 

I understand you're trepidation but at least leave it for a game or two rather than saying he can't even have a 'free' hit. Course he can. I would even let you have one if you became in charge of the side.