Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

**Adkins Gone - Jackson Caretaker**

Comments

• Options
    Thank fuck for that.  Nice guy, shit manager
    Actually, shit manager is probably a bit harsh.  I just think he'd been out of the game too long & was out of his depth 
    Why did he do so well at the end of last season?

He’s a nice bloke, perhaps too nice. 
    Sometimes players need a few f@cks fired into them.
  • Options
    masicat said:
    The most important appointment TS could make is Peter Varney as Chairman. Then he wouldn’t need to sit in the boardroom with his bloody wife to make a decision about the future of the club. At this stage, dreadful club management from TS. Appointing JJ when we’re in relegation trouble is a coin toss, ridiculous.
    Good post
  • Options
    I reckon he'll stick Henderson in goal and bring Pearce into the starting 11 and as canters said, probably play a diamond midfield
    trust me, henderson looks way off - i think there's more chance of him becoming the goalkeeping coach 
  • Options
    I'm a bit uneasy about TS saying the players are unfit. It begs several questions.

I certainly agree that the energy levels that we saw, especially in the first half of last season under Bow, are not visible this season. Although there are some exceptions; Gilbey obviously, as well pointed out in a post above. Davidson. Stockley. Morgan. Lavelle. Leko, he has never looked fitter, nor more up for it. I don't think fitness is Kirk's problem, much more what's going on in his head. Are we saying that fitness is what makes Gunter a shadow of the player that featured in the Euros, and nearly scored the first goal against Italy in 30 games? Is it fitness that makes his potential replacement a shadow of the player we saw in the Championship?

So why might some players be fitter than others? (OK, Soare and CBT might have obvious excuses, although I'm not sure about CBT's case. First half on Tuesday I thought, aha, this is why a L2 team let him go...then he gets a rocket and is on fire. For about 15 minutes.)

And if TS has more to go on than just watching on a stream, like me, who has informed him? And who is responsible for it?
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I reckon he'll stick Henderson in goal and bring Pearce into the starting 11 and as canters said, probably play a diamond midfield
    trust me, henderson looks way off - i think there's more chance of him becoming the goalkeeping coach 
    maybe not then, I was just thinking he might want to try and shore things up with who he knows will be able to get right back to basics straight away

*I don't think MacG deserves to lose his place by the way just thinking about what JJ might try
  • Options
    Shame…thought Adkins was a nice fella and wish all the best.
    Not convinced on JJ…personally I would prefer a new man, and his team with fresh ideas 
  • Options
    This is great news and we all hope our best player / most popular and a proper decent guy over the last 10 years  makes it his own. 
    Bring Curbs in as an advisor or whatever to help out and we can re build again. 
    TS is learning the ropes and this is not how I expect he saw it playing out but he saved the club and the base is there ! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shame…thought Adkins was a nice fella and wish all the best.
    Not convinced on JJ…personally I would prefer a new man, and his team with fresh ideas 
    Me too, but he's only a Caretaker for now so it's still a possibility.
  • Options
    I think the fitness statement should probably be read more as a blanket/general term, in the sense that players quite clearly weren't performing adequately over the course of 90 minutes rather than an implication that they can't.

The reasons probably vary, some may actually be playing catch up and in other cases it is a psychological issue but I think if motivated properly we have enough players that we could pick a team capable of performing to an adequate level for the whole game. 

That hasn't been happening but the reasons for that are easier to bracket as "fitness" rather than go into detail. 
  • Options
    Dave2l said:
    If Adkins never got the job and it was handed straight to JJ earlier this year. I wonder where we would be now.

Would have also saved a £1m or 2
    Jackson turned it down said he was not ready .. 
    100% not true. He wanted the job instead of Slade back in 2016. I know this first hand that he applied for it 2016.
  • Options
    I'm a bit uneasy about TS saying the players are unfit. It begs several questions.

I certainly agree that the energy levels that we saw, especially in the first half of last season under Bow, are not visible this season. Although there are some exceptions; Gilbey obviously, as well pointed out in a post above. Davidson. Stockley. Morgan. Lavelle. Leko, he has never looked fitter, nor more up for it. I don't think fitness is Kirk's problem, much more what's going on in his head. Are we saying that fitness is what makes Gunter a shadow of the player that featured in the Euros, and nearly scored the first goal against Italy in 30 games? Is it fitness that makes his potential replacement a shadow of the player we saw in the Championship?

So why might some players be fitter than others? (OK, Soare and CBT might have obvious excuses, although I'm not sure about CBT's case. First half on Tuesday I thought, aha, this is why a L2 team let him go...then he gets a rocket and is on fire. For about 15 minutes.)

And if TS has more to go on than just watching on a stream, like me, who has informed him? And who is responsible for it?
    Seen a few comments about CBT in the first half, not sure he was that bad - the ball was either smashed long to him, and when he did get it on the deck he had 2/3 men on him straight away with no options to pass to. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    TEL said:
    Thomas saying a noisy minority wanted Adkins out.

Showing a bit more naivety in my opinion. 

I know he means well but the club is crying out for a football savvy CEO.
    Naivety ...... or just minimally answering a journo's question and keeping much of the rest to himself?

Agree with you though with needing a savvy and experienced football CEO.

• Options
    I’m thinking that the intention is to give it permanently to JJ and JE unless it becomes clear it’s not going to work. I think the jobs are theirs to lose now. 
    And they will lose because the players are terrible.
  • Options
    Jackson's first games: 

Sunderland
    Doncaster
    Rotherham
    Burton
    Plymouth

Other than Doncaster all teams that have enjoyed a very good start to the season. Think we'll be in the poo after 3 losses and a draw out of those. 
    Wait….you’re saying we’re gonna win a game?
    🎵We’re gonna win a game, we’re gonna win a game and now you’re gonna believe us….we’re gonna win a game. Yippeeee
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JJ and Euell the next Curbs and Gritt? 
  • Options
    I’m thinking that the intention is to give it permanently to JJ and JE unless it becomes clear it’s not going to work. I think the jobs are theirs to lose now. 
    That sounds awful like an “interim” manager situation
  • Options
    "Everybody just needs to step it up"

Before we all micro-analyse TS's interview, that is my main takeaway.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I agree. I've watched him warming up. Looks like he's put on some timber and can barely bend over.
  • Options
    The players being unfit is not just down to the manager, if an individual felt he wasn’t fit enough, surely they could do extra to become more fit.
    The manager could spell it out to the player that he's not up to fitness - and won't be considered again until he is.
    Perhaps that's a reason we haven't seen DJ for that long period? That's not neccessarily a fact BTW

• Options
    se9addick said:
    That sounds awful like an “interim” manager situation
    Or a permanent appointment with a probationary period!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    What on earth do the player's eat in the evenings after training? Are they all still in touch in Marcus Maddison's school of drivethroughs?!