Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 30th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Just brilliant - 3 pints of real ale in Crossbars before the game and even got a pint at halftime... i reckon that's the first time when a contender for man of the match is a keeper that lets in 4 !! amazing to see the Jacko effect - how the players are now putting in more effort and winning more 50/50's etc....  could easily have been double that scoreline... .next up Tuesday be interesting as Rotherham just trounced Sunderland...

• Options
    Talal said:
    Dobson quality again. Hard to see why he was frozen out before. 
    At the game and this was the main thing I came away with. He looked good...was everywhere with several well-timed tackles. Think he will only get better.
    We looked good and should have scored about 8 but Donny were really bad. Rotherham will be a true reflection of where we are I think
  • Options
    Does it make you wonder at the dynamics of the camp that Adkins had control (or not) over?

Same players/coaches, the only variables of course is their personalities and attitudes.  I am not naive enough to think that highly trained athletes are on point 100% of the time, if you are not getting picked or you are injured maybe because you were brought back in too soon. Your teamate might be on a better deal than you, have a better motor, someone might be knocking off someone elses partner. All this makes up the group, without a football being kicked in anger.

Luck or lack off it can be a factor, wether you make that luck, or not yourselves.  Adkins did not have an answer to all that lot, how could he really, will JJ and co? 

I hope so, early days but that certain something you cannot put your finger on specifically has changed.

Well done the lads.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    “But Jackson’s the defensive coach. I don’t want him in control of the side!!!”
    Fuck me. Second win in a row and your first thought (both times) has been to come on here and give a sarcy comment. Why don't you just enjoy the win?

Does every club such petty fans in their fanbase or is just us?
    Every club does. 

We have more than our fair share though.
  • Options
    4-0 flattered them - a dominant performance. DJ put plenty of crosses in.
  • Options
    Well done you Addicks…… onto Rotherham, at home
  • Options
    @bertpalmer, at least I'm not ugly :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    4-0 hammering and aengland just destroyed Australia in the cricket. Yes please.
    And the Spanners!

Less said about the Surrey pony worriers the better...
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Enjoyable to say the least.

V interesting that Jacko said he’s only really had time to work with them on their shape when out of possession so far. The difference is remarkable. Even Gunter looked decent. 
    Rotherham likely to be a much tougher test. Will see whether DJ can cope defensively as today he was under no pressure from Donny at all. 
  • Options
    On a Thameslink train full of 
    a) Doncaster fans
    b) police
    c) people going to Halloween parties

The Donny fans are surprisingly content
  • Options
    I will admit that a month ago I didn't really think a change of manager would make much of a difference, as we had a squad full of average (at best) L1 players. However, Now I am sitting here eating a slice of tasty humble pie...............

With custard of course!!😂
  • Options
    When Bowyer Fucked off I said give the Job
    to JJ, he won his game game coming from behind etc but know we got WANKER instead.
    now we should JJ and JE running this team as they will get respect and will get 100% out of the players by making them play for the shirt.
    Tuesday will be tough and anyone who potentially could be disappointed if we don’t easily win is an idiot 
    however a draw at worst would be nice.
    well Done JJ and JE and well done Charlton 👍👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    To be fair its what makes me laugh about all the "I told you so" comments at the moment.

We've all pretty much got a 50/50 chance of getting things right or wrong when we make predictions on here - Its not like anyone has shown themselves to be some absolute tactical genius ;)
    And let’s not forgot it’s only two games as well. Never understand the need for football fans to make sweeping comments based on a performance of a small set of performances when they’ve watched the game long enough to realise how quickly things can change.

Just enjoy the moment and the highs because boy there’s certainly been some lows recently.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Croydon said:
    cafctom said:
    Fuck me. Second win in a row and your first thought (both times) has been to come on here and give a sarcy comment. Why don't you just enjoy the win?

Does every club such petty fans in their fanbase or is just us?
    It’s light humour mate, no need to take it so seriously.

And I massively enjoyed the win. 
  • Options
    Excellent performance, everyone played well, we could have had 6 or 7.
    Dobson was everywhere and just edges MOM for me. 
  • Options
    Amazing what defending and attacking as a team does to a side. Solid performance, dare I say with plenty more to come. Dobson rightly getting good reviews, the team in general are looking good, but I think Gilbey’s willingness to get involved with the added quality is really impressive, haven’t had a favourite Charlton player for a fair few seasons, but he could push me to have one if he continues to get better. A very custard worthy performance indeed!!!