Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Doncaster Rovers | Saturday 30th October 2021

Comments

• Options
    Purrington has a surprising number of the attributes of a decent striker in his toolkit. Wonder if he played there in his youth
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "4-0 is a very good score but you have to put teams to the sword when you get the chance to".

For real? I've heard it all now. I really give up with some people. Must be on a piss take.

Strong contender for the weirdest comment of the year, Golfie that is!
  • Options
    @bertpalmer, at least I'm not ugly :)
    who told you that ?
  • Options
    bellz2002 said:
    What a difference to how we played under Adkins. Give the job to Jacko permanently now. 
    He is doing great. But giving a manager a job on the bounce is not good business. If it does not work out it will be three managers TS has to pay off out the door. Let’s see how the rest of the season plays out. If we are playing good ball after Christmas then we will truly know. It’s not like Newcastle are coming after him right now. We have time and we should use it.
    I wasn't being completely serious. Was just commenting on how different it seems with Jackson in charge. If it continues like this then it is his job to lose. I'm not naïve enough to expect or demand he gets it after 2 games.
  • Options
    Hopefully Leko's injury isn't too serious. It didn't look it and saw him pop a painkiller but they decided not to risk it. 

The replacements in the forward line seems to be:

Leko - DJ - CBT
    Washington - Davison 
    Lee - Kirk 

Lets hope Kirk offers something when makes a return.

• Options
    Surely nobody has come up with this but, that was a comfortable home win. 
    Right. 4-0 😀
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Magnificent performance and there’s still more to come from us I’m sure we can improve.  Rotherham will see whether we have to start up the engines on HMS piss the league again .

All been said really , so on to what hasn’t , how apart from Simonsen has no one mentioned big fat, top off, moonie boy , he was off his tits 
    goading some fella in the east stand who got harshly removed by half a dozen stewards when surely moving him on to another seat in the  stand would have been better .
    they were just comparing Nescafé waves at each other .
    the Donny fan was allowed to stay and moonie’d as he walked away and then his 2 minute moonie after we were awarded a penalty
    eventually they got him out and led him round the edge of the pitch , he hurdled the advertising boarding and entered the pitch for a nano but was shattered and give up , what a lunatic .

good turnout for Donny and they sung pretty decent before we took their pants down .
  • Options
    0%      Top 2
    8%    Play offs 
    52%    7th-12th
    39% 13th-20th
    1%  The big R 

• Options
    IanJRO said:
    Fantastic afternoon, great atmosphere and frankly a great tonic following some of the dire performances we have witnessed this season.

Not normally one for noting individual performances when the team plays well but for two games in a row Dobson was outstanding, played his role to absolute perfection today.

As an aside, why does his running style remind me of Norman Wisdom?! 
    He does look like he’s running on hot coals!!!!, as long as he doesn’t start falling over like Norman wisdom!!🤣
  • Options
    The headline writers didn’t get their Jackson 5 - but the team performance was 4 times better than it was under Adkins. 
    Well done to Jacko, big Jace, and the lads. 
    4-0 in front of 16k+ fans. It doesn’t get much better than that. 
    Pearce MOM for me. 
    Big test on Tuesday. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The headline writers didn’t get their Jackson 5 - but the team performance was 4 times better than it was under Adkins. 
    Well done to Jacko, big Jace, and the lads. 
    4-0 in front of 16k+ fans. It doesn’t get much better than that. 
    Pearce MOM for me. 
    Big test on Tuesday. 
    Cannot wait till Tuesday … chance to find out exactly where we are now 
  • Options
    Sounds very much like Dobson, Gilbey and Lee are the 3 to play in midfield. 
  • Options
    Today showed how much we've been underperforming this season. Yes Donny were pathetic, but that's the sort of performance we should have been putting out, far more regularly. Under Adkins we were a bottom 4 side, but with the players in our squad that was a massive failure, whether tactically or from a motivationally.

An all round good performance, hard work and determination, but also a clear game plan and a real cutting edge up front. Hard to pick a MoM as it was such a good team performance
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    "4-0 is a very good score but you have to put teams to the sword when you get the chance to".

For real? I've heard it all now. I really give up with some people. Must be on a piss take.

Strong contender for the weirdest comment of the year, Golfie that is!
    I agree. 

Doncaster had only lost 2 league games this season in the league before today  by more than two goals.
  • Options
    Very pleased to escape my losing streak since I've been back in the UK. Up to today 4 games seen, 4 defeats. Today 4 goals.

I was only reminded once out of the ground & heading for the car that that was my first win of the season. I missed the Crewe match & the other 2 wins were (long) away trips. 

Before today I had seen 5 defeats & 3 draws.