Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November

It ended honours even at the Valley. An in-form Rotherham will perhaps feel lucky to escape with a point after a hard fought battle saw both teams cancelling each other out. Once again, the whole team should feel proud of the shift they put in. 

Three weeks ago, we would have lost that match in the first half by quite a margin. Conversely, Johnnie Jackson’s squad showed heaps of character. 

Going down on the stroke of halftime was a gut punch (did the ball drift out before being played back in?), but the team responded in the second half and we ran them ragged. A number of talking points, including the failure of the ref to give a second yellow to their defender halfway through the second half. 

Conor Washington took his opportunity well. Pleased for him. Elliot Lee troubled them going forward. Our back line and midfield more than matched Rotherham’s established and well-performing squad.

Great performance and a fair result.

Charlton 1 Rotherham 1

Comments

• Options
    That felt like the Doncaster game....

they Play-Off semi final, not last week ;

Love a high tempo game at the Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    On reflection it’s a good point and we all would take that. 

Just hard to take, having watched that spineless cretin referee the game. 

We would all snap your hand off for 7 points from those last three. 

I thought it was a supper performance against a good team. 

Onwards we march. 
  • Options
    Battling point under the lights, against a promotion favourite. Great stuff
  • Options
    Sounds like another good performance. Coming back from a goal down to get a point is a positive. Previously when we have conceded first that was pretty much game over. 
  • Options
    Under Adkins that would have been a 3-1 defeat, if we hadn’t conceded just before half-time then we’d have had a good chance of nicking it 1-0.

We are probably too far off the pace to get near the Play Offs this season but we have the rest of the season to build a platform for next year.

Only those inside the tent will ever really know what happened in those games under Adkins, there’s a tale in there for sure.
  • Options
    Great performance from the team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really enjoyed that. But for some better finishing we could have had 3 points against a good Rotherham side. Ref was a tosser and how their bloke didn't get booked for exactly the same thing he got booked for 5 minutes before is a disgrace.

Difference in these players is incredible and you can see the confidence growing. Can't really fault anyone tonight although Stockley struggled after that early booking and a good display from Wood. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Chris Gunter in a back 3 is some Bananaman eating a banana stuff / shit
    Does that mean he was good or bad in your opinion ?

• Options
    Fully deserved point, just a shame the ref made us work so much harder than we needed to. I missed Doncaster and Sunderland and I can’t believe how different this team looks. Thoroughly enjoyed that tonight and that’s the first time I can say that this season 
  • Options
    Just demonstrates how quick things can change in football 3 weeks ago we would have lost that 3 or 4 but at full time we were disappointed not to have won all 3 points ! Fantastic performance from the whole team that I'm sure will climb up the league and make a play off spot by the end of the season.