Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November

Comments

• Options
    Walking is brilliant.

Coming from behind to claim a point against a top-of-the-table side is better.

All hail Jacko!
  • Options
    Another observation from Saturday and tonight:

Who would have thought a few weeks ago that we look more likely to score a headed goal from Ben Purr?
  • Options
    This squad are more than capable. What a fucking waste of 13 games.
    23 games tbh
  • Options
    Great team ethic shown again but all of the team.  If we play like that, we will beat most teams at home 
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Brilliant battling from the players against a Rotherham side which were sharper and quicker for the majority of the game.

The ref was an utter disgrace.

Great support getting behind the team especially when we wouldn't give up 2nd half.

And what a save!

Great point.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In Jacko we trust
  • Options
    Enjoyed that, proper game for the first time in a while and point a fair result. 
  • Options
    First game at the Valley this season after seeing pretty much every game on stream, and that first half had me a little worried.

But boy that second was quiet something. Really enjoyed that, and hope that JJ and the team can go from strength to strength from here. 
  • Options
    Wow ! Superb ! Worked their socks off!

Three weeks ago I shudder to think ………

Something special happening 
  • Options
    First half Rotherham were better than us but we had some decent chances, Washington's header looked like it should have been better, we ended the half enraged.  Instead of folding we took that anger into the second half and forced them back, they still looked dangerous on the break, but we built momentum.  We got a deserved equaliser and at that point I thought we would go on and snatch it. 

Decent point against a side that to finish above would promotion, shame the ref bottled it.
  • Options
    Great performance tonight, really proud of the boys, they gave everything. We’d have lost by a few under Adkins as Rotherham are a decent side
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well Done Jacko and the lads,
    best team second half and I feel we could have won the game.
    their first goal was hand ball in my opinion 
    the referee was a totally  blind WANKER.
    as they should have been down to 10 men.
    great point well done Charlton 👍👍👍👍
  • Options
    As a neutral I thought Charlton looked far better than under Adkins. Far more effort and  commitment.  The referee was appalling. A yellow card for an elbow in the face and no card for a body check Owen Farrell would have been proud of.
    I say 'neutral' but my grandson is a member of the U14 academy. He made his debut for Wales U15 today, a year up, as centre back in a 1-1 draw with Slovakia.
    Oh wow, proud. Good luck to him.
  • Options
    Fantastic point, lots of praise from the Rotherham end saying we look miles better than our league position. We just might be!
  • Options
    Happy with a point. Draw a fair result on reflection, they were better first half but we were better second.
    Ref shocking for both teams, but it got the crowd going and made for a really enjoyable game. Can't beat the Valley under the lights! 

That short corner in the first half was criminal, as was Stockleys swipe at the ball with 30 seconds left. Oh and give JJ the job, felt like proper Charlton  
  • Options
    Just a hunch but I think we would have won with Leko on the pitch.