Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November

Comments

• Options
    Considering the players who were missing and I will include Innis in that, it was a top quality performance. Seven points in three games, now go and get another seven in three. Keep doing that and by the halfway point we could be around the thirty point mark, we might then have a chance of recovering this season. 
  • Options
    Would have been happy with a point before the game. Great match. Rotherham should have been down to 10 and I think then we would have nicked it. 
  • Options
    Just got back, incredible display from the lads. Give him the job!

Anyone know if it was really a foul throw or the ball went out for their opening goal? 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So now the problem we thought was the main one when the season got going is clear again, that we do not have a natural goalscorer. Now that the rest of the time is clicking, that is what will hold us back.
    Priority for January or more realistically July.
    Probably agree, we're not nearly clinical enough. Washington wasted a good few chances before he scored with a lucky deflection.

His workmate and the runs he makes are very very good but I do think we could do with a proper finisher in the side
  • Options
    Good game although ref and bald lino spoilt the game for me. Not sure what the issue was their goal though. Ref was very inconsistent and should have sent their LWB off. 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    On reflection it’s a good point and we all would take that. 

Just hard to take, having watched that spineless cretin referee the game. 

We would all snap your hand off for 7 points from those last three. 

I thought it was a last supper performance against a good team. 

Onwards we march. 
    Left to right:
    Purrington, Lee, Stockley, Gilbey, Gunter, Dobson, Jacko, Washington, McGillivray, Euell, Famewo, Pearce, Jaiyesimi.

Edit: Started off trying to match players to lookalikes, but got a bit tough after a while!
    Brilliant Lord I noticed the "supper" comment but this never entered my head. Nice one mate  :D
  • Options
    So my watching from the office worked well, except i had to take a call for a two minute period. Guess which two minute period? FFS.

Was Washington's goal a deflection?
  • Options
    Really enjoyed it. Felt like a proper physical battle from start to finish.

Cant fault the effort from the team at all. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, his shot would have been on target but a nick on the inside of the defender's leg took it away from the keeper. 
  • Options
    Couldn’t watch it tonight but it’s a good result. Sounds like another hard working performance. More evidence that this team have ability and aren’t anything like our worst ever side. Still another 90 points to play for and a transfer window to strengthen the squad. Jacko showing why it’s worth giving an assistant or coach a go as caretaker rather than go straight out for a new manager. Keep it up.
  • Options
    So... . Are we still saying it's too soon to give Jacko the job permanently?
  • Options
    The “throw in” that lead to their goal.
  • Options
    All in all a good point, thought we needed to have a little more composure and get the ball down at times, Gilbey  was a little off it tonight in quality, can not fault the effort and fight. Try not to comment on refs, but my god he was abysmal,so inconsistent in his decisions that felt mainly against us.keeping my powder dry with JJ, but if he keeps going as he is up to Christmas he will deservedly get the job and hopefully shuffle the pack slightly to suit his vision. I think a natural predatory striker is a must, don’t think Conor scores enough from the good chances he gets/ creates.
  • Options
    So... . Are we still saying it's too soon to give Jacko the job permanently?
    Yes.
  • Options
    Okay, that doesn't look like a foul throw at all. They must have been protesting something else 
  • Options
    Nothing wrong with that throw, but i reckon the ball rolled down the guy's arm on the byline.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Enjoyable game - thought we were the better side. We dealt well with their aerial threat.

DJ played well again and defending a lot better. We look much better organised under JJ.

Ref was a nightmare.
  • Options
    Great atmosphere in covered end tonight the F block all turned a bit nasty but other than we got right behind the team , even when we were behind which makes a huge difference IMO compared to when we went behind under adkins
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Okay, that doesn't look like a foul throw at all. They must have been protesting something else 
    Yeah I'm pretty sure the ball went out of play from the cross
  • Options
    Well that was a cracking game and a point more than deserved.

It's unreal how 3 games ago, this team looked completely unfit and totally inept. And now, here they were completing toe to toe with a very good Rotherham team who in the end were happy to walk away with a point.

Would only add that the referee was absolutely hopeless - for both teams, not just us. Lord only knows how he never sent the Rotherham player off for a clear second yellow. Still, he also missed Washington's clear push in the back on a Rotherham player before he scored.

And I'm glad Washington got that goal. Yes he misses too many chances but blimey, does he give 100%. 

Shame there's not another league game for a dew weeks if the Burton game gets cancelled.
  • Options
    A proper Charlton performance that, and that's all we ask for. 
    Cracking game for L1. Shoulda...coulda nicked it. 
    My pride of being a Charlton supporter had dwindled this season, as others have also said, I felt no connection to this squad. 

Now I'm back to walking the halls of work singing Charlton songs again. Pride is a wonderful feeling.

I do think we can Nick into the playoffs still. 

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Purrington and Gunter were both arguing with the lino that the cross that came after that throw in went out of play.
  • Options
    Give him the job. 

He’s brought back the feel good factor when it was completely toxic 3 weeks ago, for that alone he deserves a real crack at it. He’s turned the “worst team in our history”, which in reality was a bunch of individuals, into an entertaining and hardworking unit.

We might not go on a fairytale journey back to the Premier League, but Jackson has already shown himself to be a talented young manager. What we’re looking for is already here.
    He is going to get the job for the reasons you state. No problem waiting until Christmas for it.