Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Rotherham United | Tuesday 2 November

Comments

• Options
    Give him the job. 

He’s brought back the feel good factor when it was completely toxic 3 weeks ago, for that alone he deserves a real crack at it. He’s turned the “worst team in our history”, which in reality was a bunch of individuals, into an entertaining and hardworking unit.

We might not go on a fairytale journey back to the Premier League, but Jackson has already shown himself to be a talented young manager. What we’re looking for is already here.
    He is going to get the job for the reasons you state. No problem waiting until Christmas for it. 
    Yeah that’s fine. I don’t mind the owner waiting another month. 

But he’s already got my vote!
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    The “throw in” that lead to their goal.
    Referees and linesmen have completely given up on giving g frees for foul throws 
  • Options
    Give him the job. 

He’s brought back the feel good factor when it was completely toxic 3 weeks ago, for that alone he deserves a real crack at it. He’s turned the “worst team in our history”, which in reality was a bunch of individuals, into an entertaining and hardworking unit.

We might not go on a fairytale journey back to the Premier League, but Jackson has already shown himself to be a talented young manager. What we’re looking for is already here.
    He is going to get the job for the reasons you state. No problem waiting until Christmas for it. 
    Absolutely this, TS isn’t going to change things while there is improvement, he said he will give JJ time, the situation at the moment suits both parties.

• Options
    Thought the atmosphere was great in the second half too. Covered end sucking the ball into the net once again
  • Options
    My wife, rightly, said compared to when she last saw them that it’s a different team. They showed spirit and bouncebackability which should take us far.
    We matched Rotherham and didn’t look like a team that needs to be looking down the table but up.
    All in all a fair result from a pleasing performance.
    The ref and Lino weren’t very good though we’re they?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2021
    cabbles said:
    I think Dobson can be forgiven tonight, as their 10 dropped in the hole and they had an excellent midfield 3, so he was almost caught between a rock and hard place. Still thought he battled well and broke up play first half. Certainly didn’t look out of place.
    I thought he had a decent game again.  Against much tougher opposition and might not have had the influence he had on Saturday but really showing his potential and claiming that defensive midfielder slot as his own 
    Wasn't scared to lose the ball. Ok, they were a decent team and intercepted a few, but I don't have a problem with that. Most teams won't handle it as well. You have to play with some courage and we are doing that now whilst we played like cowards before JJ took over.

Also, wasn't Stockley one booking from a one game suspension? If so, doe he miss Saturday? Not a bad booking if he does although it impacted on his game a bit I thought.
  • Options
    Most pleased I’ve been with a draw for a long time. 
    The difference is crazy, I think we will sneak into the play offs. 
  • Options
    16 points after 16 matches. From now we need c two points per game to get to 70s and be in with a chance of the play-offs. Tall order but not out of the question.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    We certainly have enough games on our side. Plan a is mid table first. See where we are at Christmas but we certainly shouldn't write this season off.
  • Options
    Rotherham are a very good team and we matched them, wore them down and could/should have won it. Again, Jacko got the team playing with a really high tempo that just wore them down. And, we have some skill as well. It's not all about an initial manager bounce with battling performances. There was also plenty of skill out there.
    The referee was atrocious and went from bad to worse as the game went on. He probably didn't expect such a high temp game, what with us sitting 5th from bottom. He just couldn't handle it. Too big a game commitment wise for him in my opinion.
    Every player put in a shift. It's a shame now we may have to wait 2 or 3 weeks for the next league game. All these breaks annoy me. Just to please the elites. Oh well, it is what it is I suppose.
    Jacko, you continue to deliver and long may it continue.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Chris Gunter in a back 3 is some Bananaman eating a banana stuff / shit
    Does that mean he was good or bad in your opinion ?

It means he was a weedy schoolboy in a back 4, but then Jacko fed him the banana of being in a back 3 and now he is a superhero and he fights crime 
    Why couldn't you have said that in the first place so all of us old codgers understood what you were saying ?  :D
  • Options
    Have to say that’s the most gutsy second half I have seen from a Charlton team in a while.

Jackson has definitely got them playing, far better than Adkins did.

That referee was the most inept I have seen for many a year and that really is saying something. So many wrong decisions and complete lack of understanding about playing advantage. Totally bottled the sending off of their defender. He ruined a good game.
  • Options
    Seeing Wood and Pearce today felt like a good carry on of Chiellini and Bonnuci! 
  • Options
    Southbank said:
    So now the problem we thought was the main one when the season got going is clear again, that we do not have a natural goalscorer. Now that the rest of the time is clicking, that is what will hold us back.
    Priority for January or more realistically July.
    Probably agree, we're not nearly clinical enough. Washington wasted a good few chances before he scored with a lucky deflection.

His workmate and the runs he makes are very very good but I do think we could do with a proper finisher in the side
    He's carrying one of these around ?  BLACKDECKER Workmate Plus Work Bench Tool Stand Saw Horse  Dual Height with Heavy Duty Steel Frame WM825 No wonder he's not so great in front of goal
  • Options
    tonight only convinces me even more that jacko should be given the job - rotherham were very good and we resorted to long balls into the channel as the first half wore on and just battling to stop them - second half we were clearly told to play football - short passes, build attacks and we kept up the press and work rtate and got stronger and stronger - can't think of one game with adkins in charge where we got stronger as the game went on -as the opposing manager usually made the changes that meant the reverse -  give the job to jacko TS - we weren't better than Rotherham overall but jacko got the maximum out of what we have - with Leko fit and a shit hot striker signed in January, we could be better than Rotherham by the end of the season