Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021

Comments

• Options
    Support was outstanding today. Got the win over the line 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    With Stockley out is it too soon to be putting Burstow on the bench for Plymouth?
    Don't think that we have any option, tbh.
    Depends on Leko’ s fitness, Washington returning injury free and most importantly whether JJ thinks the lad Burstow is ready.
    He isn't. Davison, Washington, Lee and Leko if fit are enough forward  options anyway.
    The defence is a bigger worry with only one centre back he may give Elewere a shot but I doubt it. More likely Pearce and Gunter in the middle or maybe even Purrington. Not ideal whichever it is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Southbank said:
    RedChaser said:
    With Stockley out is it too soon to be putting Burstow on the bench for Plymouth?
    Don't think that we have any option, tbh.
    Depends on Leko’ s fitness, Washington returning injury free and most importantly whether JJ thinks the lad Burstow is ready.
    He isn't. Davison, Washington, Lee and Leko if fit are enough forward  options anyway.
    The defence is a bigger worry with only one centre back he may give Elewere a shot but I doubt it. More likely Pearce and Gunter in the middle or maybe even Purrington. Not ideal whichever it is.
    Evening John 😉
  • Options
    The reds were probably the lino's fault. Kettle wasn't even looking at it. Whilst accepting I could have missed something, two yellows looked right. Might be worth letting Kettle have a look at it with that in mind.
    Always 2 yellows for me. It was crap from both players to be rolling around on the floor like that, and even if it got heated, the incident was not effecting the current state of play.

Better ref would have taken them both aside, gave them a massive talking at the same time to make a point of it and then yellow’d them. Would have controlled the game much better that way Kettle couldn’t wait to get his red out the moment he heard from the Lino.  
    If you go round throwing elbows & grappling with each other then tte ref has no option than to send you off. Hands were raised......players might have been on the floor but that is no excuse.
    The guy on Radio London said it was the same sort of thing that happened on every corner - except on this occasion - they happened to be horizontal, which made things look a lot worse.
  • Options
    Brilliant away day. Up the football league we go.
  • Options

13th November 2021, Pirelli Stadium, 15:00. 

REFEREE: TREVOR KETTLE.

(also featuring Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic)

Mind you, I’m just jealous that I didnt post this, the definitive Trevor Kettle post 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He goes by the name of Elliott Lee!!
  • Options
    Just read the match thread, sounds like a Chris Powell esque ground out win.
  • Options
    Absolutely love the video of the team in the dressing room getting Monday off. That’s exactly how a squad should look like. Buzzing. Enjoy your job, confidence and morale is so important, especially at league one level. Jackson building something special.
    This. Exciting. 
  • Options
    Just got home and havnt read any of this thread. 
    So my contribution 

What a great day out 
    Good to see you mate..still boozing in Burton till 8
  • Options
    I've been to Lincoln, Sunderland and Burton in the last few weeks and the turn around in the away end has been unreal. From the toxicity of Lincoln to a real buzz today. We have gone to a team that crumpled under pressure to one with grit.

A month ago I felt little connection to any of the players and couldn't wait for the end of the season just to see the back of several them. This evening I have turned the corner and that was epitomised by the Elliot Lee chant. My group didn't think he had a particularly great game, but it felt like it was the fans wanting to give something back after the last few games. 

Jacko has got them leaving it all on the pitch. I can't say how happy it makes me to see players, who got a raw deal from previous managers, come in and show what they can bring to the team. They have worked hard, acted professionally and are getting their rewards.

When we are united, we have the best away singing in the division. Some of the noise during the Bowyer years was the best I can ever remember when watching Charlton, and to be fair it started under Robinson.