Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    Extremely kind comments, young soapboxsam ......

But if I do say so myself, those RD years took their toll although they say the camera never lies !

Think I look a tad younger a mere 5 or more years later ! 
  • Options
    Sadly no, killerandflash.

I had my own hair & teeth back in 1970.....
    Are the flowers hiding the hot water bottle and the smints?  ;)
  • Options
    Sadly no, killerandflash.

I had my own hair & teeth back in 1970.....
    Are the flowers hiding the hot water bottle and the smints?  ;)
    You clearly know me well, mike...

A cleverly positioned bunch of flowers has come to the aid of many bloated bellies.
  • Options
    Lovely photo.
  • Options
    Lovely photo.
    It certainly is!
  • Options
    MattF said:
    The look Davison gives Stockley when he first comes in (when close to the camera) speaks volumes. 
    I don't see it?
    It’s a bit later, not when he first comes in. 
  • Options
    delroofer said:
    2 months ago i posted on here about not having any connection with the players. Now we have Lee, Dobson, Clare, Pearce again all on social media loving life, the fans seeing a reaction from a hard fought win, it’s there and it’s down to one man….Jonnie Jackson. And why…. Because he gets it. Managers at this level need to be young and on a level with the players, ours just happens to be a club legend which makes it even sweeter. Offer him whatever he wants TS.
    Post of the night, VG. 

Is that at your wedding reception?
    The entry into the registrar's book would read as Mr & Mrs Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team Of The Week being always 4-4-2 is actually hilarious these days
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    A post I put on the player ratings but was politely advised to plonk it here.

Is there any reason we let our players who get sent off (injuries are understandable) before 30 minutes a chance to have an early bath from the ratings? Stupidity and a 3 match ban deserves as much, if not more recognition <30 minutes than in the 90th minute. 

@lancashire lad Surely you should include Stockley on the player ratings?

By not doing so, it skews his overall end of season rating by blanking out a red card for an unnecessary ruck, 15 mins into a game?

Reply:
    No
    The rules of the statbank are that a player has to spend 30 minutes on the pitch to receive a mark. To change this then skews all comparisons with previous weeks/months/years.

Please keep this thread for marks, I do read the post match thread so put such queries there - thanks
    I see your point and if you had been allowed to give Stockley a mark of 0.5 his average would have changed from 6.16 to 5.78. However I have to protect the overall integrity of the statbank which in part is a comparison tool over the past 10 years, and if the "rules" are changed then any comparisons after that are void.

Then, respectfully, I suggest the set-up was wrong from the start.  If there’s at least 30m left when a player starts and they then get sent off, they should get a score. By being off the pitch when they should be playing, they are effectively taking part, just not in an active way. 
  • Options
    Anybody able to lip-read the video above at 1:05?
  • Options

13th November 2021, Pirelli Stadium, 15:00. 

REFEREE: TREVOR KETTLE.

(also featuring Burton Albion v Charlton Athletic)

Trevor Kettle is a disgorge to his professional   
       Standing a spiteful and unprofessional Arsehole!!!
  • Options
    It's just some constructive feedback from the guys/girls who are asked for their ratings. Nothing sinister or personal.
  • Options
    A big thanks to @Nicholas for sorting out a tinnie for me at tamworth train station 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Is there any reason we let our players who get sent off (injuries are understandable) before 30 minutes a chance to have an early bath from the ratings? Stupidity and a 3 match ban deserves as much, if not more recognition <30 minutes than in the 90th minute. 

By not doing so, it skews his overall end of season rating by blanking out a red card for an unnecessary ruck, 15 mins into a game?

Reply:
    No
    The rules of the statbank are that a player has to spend 30 minutes on the pitch to receive a mark. To change this then skews all comparisons with previous weeks/months/years.

Please keep this thread for marks, I do read the post match thread so put such queries there - thanks
    I see your point and if you had been allowed to give Stockley a mark of 0.5 his average would have changed from 6.16 to 5.78. However I have to protect the overall integrity of the statbank which in part is a comparison tool over the past 10 years, and if the "rules" are changed then any comparisons after that are void.

Then, respectfully, I suggest the set-up was wrong from the start.  If there’s at least 30m left when a player starts and they then get sent off, they should get a score. By being off the pitch when they should be playing, they are effectively taking part, just not in an active way. 
    Maybe it was, maybe not. But unless you know a way to retroactively go back and update 10 years worth of results then it is what it is, as the saying may go. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    A big thanks to @Nicholas for sorting out a tinnie for me at tamworth train station 
    I don’t even remember that you must have take. Advantage of my drunkenness 😂

any time mate 
  • Options
    Just caught up with all this thread .
    It was an accomplished performance but we will play better and lose matches .
    We are currently on the crest of a Jacko wave and long may it continue .
    Just some overly critical points I haven’t seen , I thought our Deji mark 2 looked raw in the limited time he was on with a nervous tentative touch also I thought Dobson wasn’t as good as he has been , for all Davisons graft I dread it when he’s playing and our XG (I think that’s what it’s called) must drop with him in the team 
    Purrington is currently in the Charlton form of his life as is the old warhorse Pearce and Elliott Lee is my sort of player skill and graft to the max .
    can’t see a win against Plymouth and a point will be decent enough …. We win that then all bets off HMS piss the league will be travelling at a speed of knots .

0.25%     Top 2
    24.75%   Play offs 
    65% 7th-12th
    10%13th-20th
    0%  The big R 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    I assume JFH had hazard tape put up around the dressing room as he thinks that it was a crime scene with us stealing the points? 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Reply:
    No

this is how it is and will be, if you feel that strongly about Stockley you can always mark him down in his next match and reduce his average as some of you seem to need.
    True, but that requires remembering something from one week to the next, or even potentially for three months if they get sent off in the last game of the season.  What chance of that given the failing grey matter of the average grey haired poster on this forum?
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Reply:
    No

this is how it is and will be, if you feel that strongly about Stockley you can always mark him down in his next match and reduce his average as some of you seem to need.
    True, but that requires remembering something from one week to the next, or even potentially for three months if they get sent off in the last game of the season.  What chance of that given the failing grey matter of the average grey haired poster on this forum?
    Exactly. Just forget about it.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Pyongyang Addicks are pleased to present this photograph from our most recent meet-up, in which the Supreme Leader affirmed his continuing commitment to the club.
    That is a spooky picture.

In the original, with Jacko, I thought how beautiful Fanny looks, in this one she looks like she knows she is about to be sent to a re-education camp.
    They make an enchanting couple.
    Fanny just looks so in love with him...

(Sorry Fanny!)

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Pyongyang Addicks are pleased to present this photograph from our most recent meet-up, in which the Supreme Leader affirmed his continuing commitment to the club.

In the original, with Jacko, I thought how beautiful Fanny looks, in this one she looks like she knows she is about to be sent to a re-education camp.

(Sorry Fanny!)

Now if that was Michael Buble......
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

(Sorry Fanny!)

Now if that was Michael Buble......

You would drink Canada dry together  :p