Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 13th November 2021

Comments

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Cloudworm said:

Serious question...

What did the ref (not the lino) get wrong in this game?

Specifics please.
    The way he handled the sending off. Being at the other of the ground and not watching the ruck from the off as I was following the ball but I could see Stockley swing and this was more than just the usual push and shove melee so a red card a piece was fair enough. But he handled it so poor. He sent off Stockley when Stockley was about 30 yards away and therefore allowed himself to be crowded by our players who appeared to get him to go back to the lino to get Deji sent off as well. Great for us to get it evened up but this is really poor officiating.

The booking of Famewo was a joke.

The handling of their player with a cut being off the pitch but he still held the game up.

Constant run of soft calls.

20 minutes for half time

The booking of their bloke for a dive. It wasn't a dive as their was contact but neither was it a pen, it was just hat happens in a contact sport

A typical performance from Kettle
    But he consulted the linesman from the off, which was absolutely the right thing to do. He had the players dispersed all over the pitch. He dealt with one at a time. Fair enough in the heat of the moment. The idea that our players got Oshilaja sent off is total conjecture.

Either Famewo or Purrington deserved a yellow for time wasting. Should see it more. I assume you don't like time wasting either and would probably have been happy had the shoe been on the other foot. Somebody had already dropped the ball for Purrington, who then dropped it again having got a shout from Famewo. Either, or didn't matter.

Constant run of soft calls? I did say specifics! ;-)

Regarding the dive; you might be right. He had 3 options, didn't he? A lot would have given the home team a penalty. He was brave, I thought and their striker didn't seem to complain.

I don't know about the time-keeping. Maybe he needed a big dump.
  • Options
    Having watched Quest last night, the other players rushing in meant you couldn't see clearly all the wrestling and who was to blame BUT it was guaranteed red cards from Trevor Two Reds Kettle because he loves a brace as his name suggests. 
    Kettle lives in Great Bookham, near Leatherhead in Surrey and his House is called "Red Peril"

You see more reds when watching Kettle than Ronnie O'Sullivan.
  • Options
    jams said:
    Realise you can't put it out all the time but the changing room stuff is great - Morgan calling stockley ray Mysterio and Gilbey shouting addicks to victory is funny 
    It's fascinating because it's rightfully so rare to see. 

Really interesting to hear the banter between Stockley and the other players. You imagine that if we had lost 1-0, different things might have been said!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    mendonca said:
    A post I put on the player ratings but was politely advised to plonk it here.

Is there any reason we let our players who get sent off (injuries are understandable) before 30 minutes a chance to have an early bath from the ratings? Stupidity and a 3 match ban deserves as much, if not more recognition <30 minutes than in the 90th minute. 

@lancashire lad Surely you should include Stockley on the player ratings?

By not doing so, it skews his overall end of season rating by blanking out a red card for an unnecessary ruck, 15 mins into a game?

Reply:
    No
    The rules of the statbank are that a player has to spend 30 minutes on the pitch to receive a mark. To change this then skews all comparisons with previous weeks/months/years.

Please keep this thread for marks, I do read the post match thread so put such queries there - thanks
    If thems the rules then I think Stockley gets off lightly.
    To show that sort of cavalier indiscipline and rob his manager and teammates of his services for 3 games shows a lack of intelligence or maybe a touch of arrogance.
    Player rating 3.
    I think what pisses me off, notwithstanding he often gets a raw deal.from refs, is that this has been coming and plays into the hands of oppo managers like the odious Johnson
    I feel similarly. Even though Johnson blew the incident at Sunderland out of proportion, it was a stupid thing to do and he's overstepping the line. He barged the bloke in the chest at a corner really hard. Asking for trouble really. Technically, it could be argued, violent conduct. To then go on Charlton Live and play the poor me card and 'refs are going to mark me.' Ultimately he's a player of limited ability and needs to put it about to make up for that. But he's crossed the line recently.
    Unfortunately, Johnson’s words will cause problems for Stockley … even mentioned on the Burton forum and has been further exaggerated by one of their fans:

“I do know that last month Lee Johnson reckoned Stockley head butted Tom Flanagan when Charlton beat Sunderland. That was at a corner as well. I’ve just watched it. Stockley said he was censored.word to cover up a defeat but there’s a photo of Flanagan with his lip busted open. It seems Stockley has got a bit of a problem with aggression.”
  • Options
    I've been very poorly since last Tuesday night, I've picked up a virus (not Covid) and been really struggling.
    I've been bedridden since Friday, but managed to listen to the game. It sounded as though we had the best of the first half, and defended for our lives in the second.
    Dobson has come really good in the last few games and his name was mentioned all game on the commentary, Clare can obviously play in a back 3 and what can you say about Lee!
    JJ has this team playing for each other with fight and passion, TS should make him perm before the Plymouth game and see how much that would help with 'fill The Valley'.
    I really hope to be there to cheer them on!
    Yesterday's win made me feel much better for an hour or so after the game, now I just need to fight this bug and be back on my feet before next Saturday.

Get well soon - all the best, Malc.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    if only NA got binned off after the Bolton game, could have been an extra win or two better off by now
    Wycombe away was the watershed. He should have walked / resigned that evening. Who knows where we would be now.
    Wasn't a terrible performance though, so that wasn't the right match really.
    What  ??  Not a terrible performance ??  Were you there  ??

One of the worst this season - check out the player marks if you don't believe me. We were abject that day & only came alive once CBT came on with 10 mins to go & Wycombe took off their main striker &  replaced him with a fridge freezer.
    Yup I was there. Problem you have golfie is that you always exaggerate massively. 
    'Came alive once CBT came on with 10 mins to go'? Nope, he came on in the 68th minute, so not with 10 minutes to go, with 27 or 28 minutes to go. For those 28 minutes we tore in to them, which gave the crowd a massive lift, and showed the players hadn't just given up.
    I agree Adkins should have gone earlier, but I don't agree that after this match was the perfect time. Yes, he might have walked, but he probably saw that last half an hour as a sign that all wasn't lost. I wouldn't have lost much sleep if he'd been sacked at that time, but that's another matter.
    Oh, and Akimfemwa is a very effective player at this level, especially coming on as sub.

• Options
    MattF said:
    That is brilliant!

Love it at the end when Gilbey says to Stockley "we'll do your running for you mate!)
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    So assuming that Stockley and Famewo are suspended is this how we line up on the weekend?

MacGillivray
    Gunter - Elerewe - Pearce
    Jaiyesimi - Lee - Dobson - Gilbey - Purrington
    Davison - Washington

Or this:

MacGillivray
    Clare - Pearce - Gunter
    Davison - Washington

Another option would be to put Blackett-Taylor in as we don't know the extent of Davison's limp... Injury or tired bop? 
    You'd think he'd want Clare on the pitch from the start, the way he's playing.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    if only NA got binned off after the Bolton game, could have been an extra win or two better off by now
    Wycombe away was the watershed. He should have walked / resigned that evening. Who knows where we would be now.

One of the worst this season - check out the player marks if you don't believe me. We were abject that day & only came alive once CBT came on with 10 mins to go & Wycombe took off their main striker &  replaced him with a fridge freezer.
    The Adkins out chants that day were very noticeable 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just read the match thread, sounds like a Chris Powell esque ground out win.
    That is exactly what it was.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    shirty5 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    CAFCTrev said:

The Adkins out chants that day were very noticeable 
    I agree, and may have been tempted to join in until the turnaround. The last half hour was a lift though. But when a season starts badly it's always hard to know when to pull the trigger. There were many on here saying the players weren't good enough ('not fit to wear the shirt' chants at Wycombe?), but it's turned out that it was more Adkins than the players.
    And yes, with the benefit of hindsight, he should have gone earlier (after the Bolton game?). He was the wrong manager at the wrong time.
    But it's a mystery to me how he lost just one game from ten at the end of the previous season, and then got 4 points from 7 games at the beginning of this one. 
  • Options
    I wonder what Adkins is thinking. This must all be a bit embarrassing to him
  • Options
    I wonder what Adkins is thinking. This must all be a bit embarrassing to him
    Bloody Roddy and his box!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    So assuming that Stockley and Famewo are suspended is this how we line up on the weekend?

MacGillivray
    Gunter - Elerewe - Pearce
    Davison - Washington

Or this:

MacGillivray
    Clare - Pearce - Gunter
    Davison - Washington

Another option would be to put Blackett-Taylor in as we don't know the extent of Davison's limp... Injury or tired bop? 
    You'd think he'd want Clare on the pitch from the start, the way he's playing.
    Leko could be in contention. 
  • Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Didn't Jacko say Burton may come just too soon for Burton? He may be available next Saturday?
    Eh 
    Sorry I meant Leko.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    The look Davison gives Stockley when he first comes in (when close to the camera) speaks volumes. 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    The look Davison gives Stockley when he first comes in (when close to the camera) speaks volumes. 
    I don't see it?