Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic | Monday 31st January @ 7:45pm

Comments

• Options
    WOW - The Sky coverage after the game, just shocking - Briefly chat with CBT and Washington - Then quick back to Deadline Day, when its being covered on another bloody channel
    Put 403 on
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    Bell still ringing through CBT and Washington's interview

Thought he'd passed away tbh
    I thought he'd moved thousands of miles away but maybe I'm confusing him with Collingwood FC's Joffa, who is another prize pillock.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    That is a massive, massive, 3 points. 

Very, very brave team selection and they paid him back in spades. 

I don't think some people realise how close to the shit we are/where. 

Its League One, it'll be tight between now and the end of the season

We'll only truly be safe or (dont laugh) out of Play-Off contention when its mathematically impossible - Was only a few years ago when there were about 5-pts between something like 6th and 16th I think
  • Options
    Sean Clare superb, CBT not far behind. Dobbo his normal reliable self. If only Albie could shoot or take set pieces!
  • Options
    Well done boys, we will take those Pompey points back to The Valley. Mason who ? 
  • Options
    WOW - The Sky coverage after the game, just shocking - Briefly chat with CBT and Washington - Then quick back to Deadline Day, when its being covered on another bloody channel
    No surprise 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clare motm.

Why can’t Sky say CharlTON? 🙄

I hope Innis & Chuks are ok?

Straight to bed with a hot toddy for JJ ♥️
  • Options
    Why are some saying Aneke and Inniss injured?
  • Options
    Main Event has switched to deadline day. Sky Sports Football are still discussing the game 
  • Options
    First game ive seen in a while and was pretty good - dangerous on the attack. Morgan and gilbey and taylor a threat. Washington class as well. 

We do always look prone to leaving a gap or a mistake tho and don't ever look like closing games out like other teams. 

Support was great from start to finish (wish we could come up with some new none generic songs tho!) im sure we were trying to tempt fate with the ‘we always win at fratton’ chant!
  • Options
    Enjoyable game and the best we've played for a while, especially given the disappoinyment of many of us when we saw the team sheet.

I just wish we could see out games more comfortably. Been a problem for some time.

Anyway, we did hold on for a well-deserver three points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Charlton win"

I only repeat what I say in the preview.

Too many Charlton critics let the Hartlepool game affect their thinking on League games.

JJ record since he has picked the side:
    League games only.
    Won 8
    Lost 4
    Draw 3
  • Options
    Hysterical oxymoron of a match thread made up for not being able to watch the match.  Thanks guys/girls/?.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    stonemuse said:
    Why are some saying Aneke and Inniss injured?
    Ummm because they are.  Aneke looked like he had a tight hammy and Innis wouldn't have gone off if he wasn't. 
    Not sure about Inniss, he looked alright?

We were 2-0 up with 20 mins left so JJ might have thought it was sensible to use a sub bringing him off so he's a bit fresher on Saturday? 
  • Options
    Sue Perb … Nothing more, nothing less. Well done Jacko et al. Proper Charlton performance that. How did that shot from Corey Blackett-Taylor not go in! I reckon there was a sudden gust of wind off the Solent at that moment 
  • Options
    Five wins from safety.
    Excellent away support, should have had another couple of goals but Portsmouth rallied in the last 15.
    The best team won, six in a row down there, they must be sick of the sight of us.