Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

It’s depressing again at The Valley as we fall down 4-0 to Karl Robinson’s Oxford.

With a changed lineup, forced in part due to sustained injuries, we started brightly and controlled the game for the first twenty minutes. Then, in a nine minute stretch, Oxford went 2-0 up. It was a gut punch from which we couldn’t recover. In the second half, we tried to mount a comeback, but Oxford found their way through our fragile and confidence-shot back three on multiple occasions. They were able to score another goal to go three up. A silly bit of afters saw Clare sent off in frustration from a straight red (which has been coming over the past three matches) and another Oxford goal put them four up. It could easily have been six.

Best to forget this one as quickly as possible as we limp through the rest of this season.

Charlton 0 Oxford 4

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Fucking shit....no more, no less. 
  • Options
    BOOOM! got the early train home 
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Roll on Tuesday!
    Will we have the missing players back by then?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Roll on Tuesday!
    Really?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    This will be fun.

Best spell of the game for us was the 20 minutes before they scored. Unfortunately there was no one up front to put the ball in the net. It would’ve been a different game.

As it is, the mental deficiencies in this squad were horribly exposed by Oxford.

That’s my contribution to this thread done. Have at it you lot.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did not go today because of Covid, my mate said atmosphere getting as bad as Adkins, and exodus on 3rd goal, Can anyone confirm or deny?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Hate Oxford. 
    Burstow was giving it plenty. 
    Any other U23s or U18s up for it on Tuesday? Need a complete shake up. 
  • Options
    Nobody looked interested, even the bench. Waste of an afternoon. Also our keeper is very suspect, 2 of the goals today he should have done better 
  • Options
    we need a new manager bounce!!, oh hang on??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our players are just not this bad. A few of them are previous player of the season winners for other clubs. Our defensive setup is just not working, 2 clean sheets in 13 (in all competitions).

I don't want Jackson in charge next season.
  • Options
    My son just rang me to say that in the 10 years he’s been going to Charlton, today was the first time he has ever left before that end of the game.
    He said it was so bad, he left with 15 minutes left!
  • Options
    Jackson out useless shocking  manager. Players out of position he ain’t got a clue. Get rid now Thomas. 
  • Options
    Anyone have any stats on Matthews, we never win when he plays and I’m really interested to know his playing record for us? Same team of old, start bright and look good and then give up after going a goal down. Lightweights throughout the whole team!
  • Options
    Three game ban for Clare as well which means that unless there's a shock recall for Gunter we're likely to see more of Matthews. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    We sort it out for next season. The plan for the summer should be finalised during the end of this season. I don't think sacking the manager is the answer. We need a plan and continuity and we need to get rid of some and replace with better. If you are a misser, and your record will testify if you are, then you need to be bloody good to be worth keeping. I'd put Dobson in that category then....????????
  • Options
    This will be fun.

Best spell of the game for us was the 20 minutes before they scored. Unfortunately there was no one up front to put the ball in the net. It would’ve been a different game.

As it is, the mental deficiencies in this squad were horribly exposed by Oxford.

That’s my contribution to this thread done. Have at it you lot.
    Do you truly believe it would’ve been different if Washington and Aneke/Stockley were fit? This good-for-20-minutes-until-the-opposition-figure-us-out thing has been happening all season long, regardless of who is fit. It happened just last match at Wigan and we did manage to score first there.