Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Be interested to know if the club created an obscure record yesterday for the most different number of players booked and sent off in a game.

We totalled 7. Can't believe we have had more than that on too many occasions. 
    We topped that in the battle of Boundary Park v Oldham  7/4/12 mate 6 yellows and 2 reds although one of the reds Wagstaff if I recall correctly was for two yellows. So ten cards waved at our players and surprise, surprise Trevor Kettle was the man in the middle 😏
    Great day out. Think I recall a late equaliser. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Be interested to know if the club created an obscure record yesterday for the most different number of players booked and sent off in a game.

We topped that in the battle of Boundary Park v Oldham  7/4/12 mate 6 yellows and 2 reds although one of the reds Wagstaff if I recall correctly was for two yellows. So ten cards waved at our players and surprise, surprise Trevor Kettle was the man in the middle 😏
    We won 1-0, finished up with 9 men against their 10 and Yann scored with a header. Such was the fighting spirit and togetherness of that record breaking Powell team of champions, a far cry from todays motley crew😞.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    RedChaser said:

We won 1-0, finished up with 9 men against their 10 and Yann scored with a header. Such was the fighting spirit and togetherness of that record breaking Powell team of champions, a far cry from todays motley crew😞.
    Yeah that team would not be beaten that day.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    If you haven't got any strikers, get your best defenders playing and flood the midfield. When I say best defenders, I mean defenders - Centre Halves with height and proper full backs and not wing backs. The next question is do we have the players to do that? And seeing as we don't have any strikers of the required standard, if the answer is no, then the problem is highlighted and it isn't Jacko's fault.