Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Watched with my dad at his house. Got in my car to drive home to hear “rip it up and start again” playing on the radio. Couldn’t be more appropriate.

On recruitment I know some have said keep the likes of Matthews, Inniss etc as cheap back up as it’ll be easier I think we could do with a complete rebuild. Without it we’ll likely see us continue to fail wither the same core group of players. I’d rather gamble that we can change the mentality than keep failing with the same group who will get worse the longer they’re kept on.

I’ve defended players like Gilbey but it’s laughable that some said he was a top player at this level.

Only positive was Campbell’s debut and even then he should have been earlier.

I put £10 on Oxford to win and it was paid out after 3-0. I’ll do the same for at least the next few games, it’s free money.

Where do we go from here? Missing three senior strikers makes a huge difference but regardless that performance is so far from where we need to be.

I don’t have confidence in Sandgaard, Gallen, Jackson etc to get it right in the summer. We can call for a CEO to come in but that only works with the right appointment, what makes anyone think TS would get that right?
    He’ll bring his nan in
  • Options
    On 46 minutes Steve Brown said "we are limping towards defeat".  I think he could of said that after 15 minutes.

For me the highlights were the ball boy kicking the ball against the Oxford player and Campbell coming on.

Where are our Premiership loan signings?
  • Options
    Still 9 points above the bottom 4. Let's hope we can cobble together 5 more wins or equivalent which should see us safe.
  • Options
    Jackson sent them to be mullered- lambs to the slaughter! 

Shocking team, awful performance…

the time Leko and Mathew ply again, is a time too soon 
  • Options
    That's what I want to hear from Jacko. I woud say to him, get somebody in who can score from outside the box whilst he is at it. It is an important attribute.
    Peter Garland might still be able to do a job .  Not many goals scored from outside the box these days 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    I suspect that the "future" talk earlier in the week, was that Jackson is trying to shape the recruitment for the summer but Sandgaard is not convinced to follow his vision.
    Then TS needs to make a decision sharpish otherwise It'll be more of the same next year..
  • Options
    That's what I want to hear from Jacko. I woud say to him, get somebody in who can score from outside the box whilst he is at it. It is an important attribute.
    You have to shoot 1st!!! We don’t!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I suspect that the "future" talk earlier in the week, was that Jackson is trying to shape the recruitment for the summer but Sandgaard is not convinced to follow his vision.
    Then TS needs to make a decision sharpish otherwise It'll be more of the same next year..
    Not much point in getting a new manager in at this stage unless we really get close to the relegation places.
  • Options
    I see the new footballing coach role is working out really well then!
  • Options
    Clueless Shite once more.
    4/5 players tried today the rest were shite.
    defence Zero, strikers Zero, 
    I  do not feel Jackson should take all the responsibility here, as our Rock N Roll wannabe 
    owner who wants to take us to the premier League, and at this rate will take us to division 2,
    Should wake up, smell the Roses and make some serious investments in decent players,
    and no Loanee has been shite.
    worst performance in fucking years,
    Horrendous 👎👎👎👎
  • Options
    Isn't Clare ex Oxford ?
  • Options
    Sorry…. I just hear BLAH, BLAH,BLAH…… JJ,s post match chat is now just white noise………. 
  • Options
    Remember though we don't need to have a clear out and sign 15 players ever again according Gallen and TS, so the majority of these wankstains are here to stay
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Isn't Clare ex Oxford ?
    Yup hence the Oxford Reject chant at him before the sending off
  • Options
    There’s an interesting overlap between people claiming this to be the worst group of players they’ve ever seen and still expecting the management team to be able to coach them into a good football team. 
    Also an expectation that the recruitment team which brought us these players will be able to somehow bring us better players over the summer.
  • Options
    Entertaining afternoon. Oxford played some good football but were let down by their playacting.

McGivilray made some good saves but the rest of the team in red looked like they were unfamiliar with the game and didn't look interested.

We go again on Tuesday. MK Dons must be looking forward to the game.
  • Options
    There’s an interesting overlap between people claiming this to be the worst group of players they’ve ever seen and still expecting the management team to be able to coach them into a good football team. 
    Also an expectation that the recruitment team which brought us these players will be able to somehow bring us better players over the summer.
    Only solace I have is that these players were signed with NA and his 433 in mind and not JJ and 352
  • Options
    shower or shit…Dobbo is the only one who had any passion..absolute joke..set up crap…..no cutting edge…set pieces predictable hit Innis at the back post…hit it long to alone striker..bring on a defender to defend a 0 3…lack of discipline from Claire…no motivation from the bench 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Not much point in getting a new manager in at this stage unless we really get close to the relegation places.
    Sorry I meant it's a case of back him or sack him. If he wants to support him for next year then start making the plans now or start planning for next year without him. Whatever he decides, it needs to be clear and concise. 
  • Options
    No matter what league a professional footballer plys their trade, they've basically studied the game and trained to play it, 5 days a week since they were mid teens, if not slightly earlier.

Most of these players don't look like they play for the Dog and Duck when you consider the effort / ability / tactical nouse on display most of the time. That for me, is why the players are bad.

And the management need questioning (imo) because the same players being given the nod week in week out, don't look any more motivated and / or improved today, than they did 12 months ago. 

• Options
    Interesting comments from Karl Robinson: 

“I don't think Johnnie Jackson is the one who should be looking at himself."

"I think a lot of other things might need to change to make this a good club"

"[Jackson] has the nouse and the understanding. Now he maybe needs to be given the a bit more the reins to do what he needs to do. Maybe that may change." 

Obviously he’s going to defend his mate after a loss like that, but it certainly adds fuel to the fire when discussing how much TS (and Martin Sandgaard) are overly involved in things they fundamentally don’t understand. 
    Pretty outspoken for him to say and allude to that much, and very interesting/worrying.