Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic vs Oxford United | Saturday 19th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    The first time ever that I have left early of my own accord. 

Macgillivray made 2 decent saves but also isn't good enough at a lot of other times, the second goal going straight under him an example of that.

Matthews isn't attacking enough to be a wingback and is a shit defender.

Clare has been found out these last few games at right centre back and that's culminated in him being sent off today.

Inniss is a crap leader, cant pass the ball well and doesn't marshal the back line at all.

Purrington is similar to Matthews but left footed, can't play in a back 3 at all

DJ is largely anonymous, and once he was booked he couldn't and wouldn't do anything defensively

Dobson, in a game where nearly everyone got booked, didn't tackle or foul anyone. This was because him, Lee, Morgan and Gilbey were all so far off the pace today, they were all chasing shadows all game.

Morgan, like above but managed to pick up a card for finally getting close enough to an Oxford player to cynically clip his heels as he surged passed.

Gilbey, I actually forgot he was playing for large parts of today, he was completely anonymous.

Lee, the most mediocre player to ever have a chant for him. Have a shot once in a while!

Leko, manages to be headless and toothless at the same time, quite a feat.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Took a break and didn’t watch, still feels so depressing. Clear this lot out, sick of them all. 
  • Options
    Jacksons post match interview is going to be fun. 

He looked ill this time last week. God knows how he'll look tonight. 
  • Options
    Christ our record against Oxford is appalling. 

• Options
    How did Campbell look when he came on, or is it unfair to judge?
  • Options
    Could the reason jj's looked so down/annoyed be that he knows he's going already?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Some on here actually rate Gilbey as one of the better midfielders in this division, he's wank
    It's absolutely maddening. Of all the things wrong with our team right now he's the worst (considering we have 3 injured strikers) 
  • Options
    Really glad I didn't go...not that it was in my hands with so few trains running from Kent. Woeful result, though the feed shows we might have scored a couple with a decent experienced forward in place.
  • Options
    couldn’t see the Clare incident from where I was - what actually happened
  • Options
    The problems run deeper than JJ, something is seriously wrong inside our club over and above poor recruitment 
    I wonder what it is? We thought it was the owners. Now we seem to have a decent owner, what can it be?
  • Options
    If everyone at the club gets a note from their mums can we just end the season now?
  • Options
    Pathetic little boys.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So glad I made the decision to turn around and come home. Absolute disgrace from the players AGAIN.
  • Options
    Thomas Sandgaard is rehearsing this just in case: https://deezer.page.link/9n3b8ToJf2Jcszk26

Get ready for a razzle dazzle pitch performance.
  • Options
    Jacksons post match interview is going to be fun. 

He looked ill this time last week. God knows how he'll look tonight. 
    Yup poor sod looks a broken man. This job is making him ill. 
  • Options
    Covid kept me at home today so at least there's one positive of self-isolation, though I did watch on TV.

And I wish I hadn't!

Defence going from bad to worse, no strikers, anonymous players and needless red card. Dreadful!
  • Options
    I’m sorry to say I left after Clare’s red card. Why did we start with THREE centre-halves on the bench and only one on the pitch? I’ve seen some poor performances over the past fifty-odd years, but this was one of the worst.
    Same here. Earliest I'd ever left before was about 3 mins before time. As soon as Clare went, that was it. To be fair, as soon as they scored no.2 it was finished as a contest.