Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022

MK Dons visit The Valley in fine form. Charlton are on a bad run, with injuries having taken their toll (7). In the first 45, we competed well. MK Dons looked lethargic. Until they got in behind our backline and scored. Again, we concede too easily by through balls into our box.

In the second half, we failed to rebound. MK Dons scored again. We had chances, but not many and no gilt-edge opportunities from which we can draw comfort.

We’re simply not good enough. We’ve lost four in a row.

Charlton 0 MK Dons 2

Over to you.

Comments

• Options
    Two home games

Conceded 6
    Scored 0

Shite
  • Options
    What a great player Lewington still is - composure and a sweet left foot. Better than any of ours
  • Options
    Shameful. 
  • Options
    Needs a major shake up, from top to bottom. Or this will be groundhog day every season. 
  • Options
    Predictable 
  • Options
    Hate to say it but 6/4 MK Dons with that CAFC line-up was like printing money.

Dunno realistically where we go from here.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There were only two players in that side tonight who will be here when we eventually win promotion (providing they don’t move on to better things beforehand).

Dobson and Lavelle.
    Did you see Lavelle’s defending for the second goal?
  • Options
    I know it has nothing to do with the game but where is JFC?!?!
    We gave a contract to someone who wont even be able to play a game come the start of March
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Jackson completely at fault again.
    sent them out with a shocking shape, no game plan and just bizarre team selection.

have to laugh, jackson who during the week says he wants more physicality this and next season , then decides to play two 5’something midfielders as strikers! Beyond a joke

yes injuries have hurt us, but we have to plan B - starting to wonder if we have a plan A! 
    Since when was Burstow a 5'something midfielder?
  • Options
    PWADDICK said:
    I know it has nothing to do with the game but where is JFC?!?!
    We gave a contract to someone who wont even be able to play a game come the start of March
    He's currently in the CharltonTV studio

On a serious note, it sounds like he'll be back with the U23s soon
  • Options
    First half we were pretty decent. But we had nothing up top. 
    Heads dropped a little after the first goal. Killer pass for that goal btw. 
    Mason had a good chance, but bounced it over the crossbar. 
    MKD (and I hate to say it) totally outclassed us in the second half. 
    Thought Castillo looked ok. 
    And that’s it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    aliwibble said:
    sammy391 said:
    sent them out with a shocking shape, no game plan and just bizarre team selection.

have to laugh, jackson who during the week says he wants more physicality this and next season , then decides to play two 5’something midfielders as strikers! Beyond a joke

yes injuries have hurt us, but we have to plan B - starting to wonder if we have a plan A! 
    Jaiyesimi & lee 
  • Options
    The Good:

I didn't suffer a six-hour round trip to watch that.

The Hoover.

Another game closer to the end of the season.

No closer to the relegation spots, still a nine point buffer.

Half as crap as Saturday, in that we only lost by two.

The Bad:

One game less to secure safety.

No shots on target ... at home.

Another injury to a striker, this time it's Mason gone crook.

The Ugly:

Our defending. F*** me that's grim. For both goals the scorer was all on his lonesome.

Everything else.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    sammy391 said:

Any stick to beat Jackson with.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    aliwibble said:
    sammy391 said:

Jaiyesimi & lee 
    The alternative was to throw in Kanu / Campbell who could yet have their development put back by this sort of form the team is in - We've seen it before, not just with Joe Pigott, yet Karlan Grant too
  • Options
    Not even a shot on target says it all really nd Jackson tell the end of season 
  • Options
    Players out are killing us, potentially 4 strikers now, Fraser, JFC, CBT maybe Innis as well.....and that would hurt any team BUT apart from the first 20/25 mins we were chasing shadows, not competing, look beaten as soon as 1 goal goes in.....no fight.....this is not a squad I recognise......glad as a ST holder I cant make midweek games due to work......next 3 games...3 losses I think. Just pathetic....62 years supporting and Im just staggered at the ineptness of this squad.....really saddened. 
  • Options