Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    Tactically we are at the same place we were under Adkins. No surprise when we have hired his Assistant. 

Jacko isn’t ready for a job this size. 
    Liam Manning done a year in Belgium and a couple years coaching West Ham U23’s before landing the MK Dons job. How ready do you need to be?
    Did MK Dons have the mess we have behind the scenes? We need a manager with a proper recent experience who will come in and shake this whole thing up. 

Hiring a man who was number 2 to the guy who got sacked has proven not to work. 

I don’t care what you say about those players, tactically we are best, the same level as Adkins. 
  • Options
    We are a team that is very reliant on our front players. Too reliant and if we lose their goals we haven't got many from anywhere else. We have lost the source of our goals so we shouldn't be surprised really and to be fair, from the pre-match comments I doubt many of us are. 

Burstow is an U-23 player. He should not be playing against savvy defenders. The chance in the first half where the keeper has kicked the ball out, he plays it at the defender. It says it all to me. He is too easy to play against. We have got £1.6m for him and that is a result and he could become a real player but I'd rather have Lee playing than him. 
  • Options
    Apart from Dobson , gutless c***** .
  • Options
    At this point in time i wouldn’t be fussed if Jackson stayed or went tbh, but if he was able to build a squad of young, hungry players that can play high press and with confidence then I wouldn’t be too sad if he stayed.  We saw that work when he first took over, then the injuries hit, the deadwood plays every week and everyone is just going through the motions, including the Jackson himself.
  • Options
    How many points were we really expecting from the last four games and the next 2?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Re JJ and 'he's responsible'/'he isn't responsible' - I think the truth could lie somewhere in between, only going on what we've all seen.

Maybe the wing-back thing is something that *has* to be done (for whatever reason), and maybe players are vetoed by people who are utterly clueless. 

Not that excuses him from his player choices and subs. Maybe he just wants out.

Like everything regarding this football club (and probably all others), as punters we will never really know. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Tactically we are at the same place we were under Adkins. No surprise when we have hired his Assistant. 

Jacko isn’t ready for a job this size. 
    Liam Manning done a year in Belgium and a couple years coaching West Ham U23’s before landing the MK Dons job. How ready do you need to be?
    Did MK Dons have the mess we have behind the scenes? We need a manager with a proper recent experience who will come in and shake this whole thing up. 

Hiring a man who was number 2 to the guy who got sacked has proven not to work. 

I don’t care what you say about those players, tactically we are best, the same level as Adkins. 
    Mk Dons finished 13th the season before and had a high turnover of playing staff with the manager leaving first week of the season, so hardly a suitable start. 

you could say Jackson did shake the whole thing up. If he hadn’t then we’d be currently 4/5 places lower than we are now. Since injuries have taken their toll and the season looks over, they’ve jacked it in. I’m not making excuses for Jackson, I think he should of at least tried something else by now.
  • Options
    taking the piss that Gilbey was our captain tonight. not even his worst game for us but he still was crap. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Just watched the entire post match interview with Jacko, and he looks not a broken man, but certainly
    injured and at a low ebb, we are doing the best we can with the troops available, no Stockley, Washington, Aneke, CBT, Fraser, and now Burstow with what looks like a hamstring that could mean we start Saturday with no forwards at all.
    We were in it tonight for the first half, and could argue we didn't deserve to be one down at half time, all be it with a good goal well taken, we are starting the second half chasing a game we shouldn't be, then another slip up at the back and it's 0-2, game over, so we go again Saturday at Sheff Weds, another difficult game, and will give it a go, but we need some bodies back soon or look over our shoulder until the end of this miserable season...
  • Options
    Jackson should have put a side out that can park the bus. And please stop playing out from the back we do not have the players capable of doing it.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    I don't understand why Elliott Lee is getting criticism on here. He was one of our better players when he came on; showing for the ball, turning his defender, creating pressure and opportunities. Seems to be a bit of a habit to dig out the same players every match regardless of the reality of what happened.
    Just seems there are protagonists who are fair game every week, those who breeze in and out of favour, then those who can be questioned in any way. It's how its always been mate
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Jackson should have put a side out that can park the bus. And please stop playing out from the back we do not have the players capable of doing it.
    Going by how Jackson tends to line up, I think tonight was a case of parking the bus

Previously we've tended to see a "defender" as a wing-back down one flank - with an "attacking" winger on the other side - Neither Matthews or Castillo were the latter tonight.
  • Options
    Glad I wasn’t able to watch it. Any news when Fraser and the strikers are expected back? I saw Burstow went off injured so that’s all four out now. Need them sooner than later to get the points we need to stay up before a full rebuild in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    boggzy said:
    Re JJ and 'he's responsible'/'he isn't responsible' - I think the truth could lie somewhere in between, only going on what we've all seen.

Maybe the wing-back thing is something that *has* to be done (for whatever reason), and maybe players are vetoed by people who are utterly clueless. 

Not that excuses him from his player choices and subs. Maybe he just wants out.

Like everything regarding this football club (and probably all others), as punters we will never really know. 
    This is baseless, though. First it was "Adkins is being forced to play the 4-2-3-1" but then that went out the window when JJ took over and played whatever formation he wanted. He's already gone into detail about why he likes the 3-5-2 and that was from his first real interview.

Surely if Sandgaard was going to force JJ to play anything, it would be a formation that fits the players he spent money on - wingers.
  • Options
    That was a stroll in the park for MK. We are dire and just going through the motions.

The buck stops with JJ for me. I have completely lost faith in him. Dreading what Wednesday will do to us if we set up the same again... Again again again.
  • Options
    It’s the same old shit from the same old players. Mass clear out needed from top to bottom. Not quite sure what Chelsea we got Castillo from but can only assume the flower show. Absolute pish.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    msomerton said:
    When I suggested that I was told it was the worst post in CL history. We might as well have crash test dummies up front as Burstow and Leko so why not at least flood the midfield. One of the players could have the job of tracking runs behind and one could booster the others who alternate in attacking positions.

The problem is, if he does that and loses, as he probably still will, he will get slagged off. It is only, we don't have any strikers who can challenge opponents so what is the point in playing ones that can't.
  • Options
    And who's idea was it to make Gilbey captain? The bloke is a fucking fraud .
  • Options
    Just to lighten the mood.......

Huw Edwards has just said that it is 22mins past 10 (so 22.22) on the 22nd day of the 2nd month of 2022.

22.22 on 22.02.22
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Independent ratings from FotMob and WhoScored.

How have both made MacG the worst player? 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    And who's idea was it to make Gilbey captain? The bloke is a fucking fraud .
    He was Captain at his previous clubs
  • Options
    Said we should have made Euell manager and not Jackson.