Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Post-match Thread: Charlton Athletic v Milton Keynes | Tuesday 22 February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Awful but I do think any team would struggle with three now four strikers out injured. We would’ve likely scored in that first half and it would’ve been a different game. 
    So what’s the injury news with Stockley, Washington and Aneke? 
  • Options
    Burstow out now! Why dont we give the under 23's a go they can't do any worse than what we have seen tonight 
  • Options
    I n n i s s
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Our fans more or less demanded that we bring Jacko in. He was brought in. If we demand more changes we really are just turning into one of those Clubs.
    Agree with your point, but not everyone demanded Jacko be made permanent
  • Options
    Just not good enough.  When Matthews and Leko start after their ‘performance’ on Saturday you know we are in trouble.  I think we’ve enough points on the board but it just feels like a relegation season.  No heart.  No luck.  No points
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    On a positive note turned over to Alba and Cumings  made a couple of good penalty saves. 
  • Options
    Didn't bother going tonight, feel so disinterested in the side at present. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    kafka said:
    There were only two players in that side tonight who will be here when we eventually win promotion (providing they don’t move on to better things beforehand).

Dobson and Lavelle.
    Did you see Lavelle’s defending for the second goal?
    I remember seeing Famewo and Castillo getting turned inside out by Connor Wickham.
  • Options
    We need a few more wins to be safe this season. Hard to see where those are going to come from.
  • Options
    We're not going down. There are at least 20 worse sides in this league than MKD
  • Options
    Totally outplayed again.

Thing I don't get is how we sat back and let mkdons play. Surely we could have put a couple of old fashioned tackles in just to remind them we were still there. But not a sign of it. 

Bad times. 
  • Options
    The players - pathetic little boys who gave up the second they realised play offs is gone.

JJ - inherited someone else’s squad, under pressure already due to this shite squad, I’m not ready to slag him off yet.
    Are people slagging him off, or is he above criticism?
  • Options
    Players out are killing us, potentially 4 strikers now, Fraser, JFC, CBT maybe Innis as well.....and that would hurt any team BUT apart from the first 20/25 mins we were chasing shadows, not competing, look beaten as soon as 1 goal goes in.....no fight.....this is not a squad I recognise......glad as a ST holder I cant make midweek games due to work......next 3 games...3 losses I think. Just pathetic....62 years supporting and Im just staggered at the ineptness of this squad.....really saddened. 
    As much as your right about the players missing RED, we really haven’t set the world alight with them have we?, apart from a few results when JJ was caretaker. I’m a little bit behind you in supporting years but yes the overwhelming feeling is sadness , in the past if we haven’t been good,we’ve at least made up for it with fight. Where’s it all gone?☹️.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    You can see why Curbs was successful. He makes things sound simple. I know it’s a bit of a go-to when we’re struggling but could Jacko do with him in as a wise head? 
    Curbs had Keith P alongside him for a few years.

I'm sure Lord Llewellyn could do the same for Jacko and Euelly.
  • Options
    Played alright first half for the most part and some of the second, still got brushed aside in the end. That's.... A big concern. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another team completes a double over us. 13th place looks a long way off...
  • Options
    edited February 2022
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    aliwibble said:
    sammy391 said:
    Jackson completely at fault again.
    sent them out with a shocking shape, no game plan and just bizarre team selection.

have to laugh, jackson who during the week says he wants more physicality this and next season , then decides to play two 5’something midfielders as strikers! Beyond a joke

yes injuries have hurt us, but we have to plan B - starting to wonder if we have a plan A! 
    Since when was Burstow a 5'something midfielder?
    Jaiyesimi & lee 
    The alternative was to throw in Kanu / Campbell who could yet have their development put back by this sort of form the team is in - We've seen it before, not just with Joe Pigott, yet Karlan Grant too
    Game was lost no pressure on the kids….but DJ was awful and Lee did his usual tricks with no end product so should have thrown them on….
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    I thought we were alright in the first half and could see there's possibly a good side there with our injured players back in. Once we went a goal down though, you just knew we weren't gonna get anything out of it. Most of these players at the minute have got absolutely no bottle at all, it's a joke. 

I dunno, maybe I'm just annoyed after a loss.. It just feels like these players go missing the second it gets tough. 

At least Rotherham beat Morecombe, it's the only half positive I've got. 
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    The players - pathetic little boys who gave up the second they realised play offs is gone.

JJ - inherited someone else’s squad, under pressure already due to this shite squad, I’m not ready to slag him off yet.
    Are people slagging him off, or is he above criticism?
    People are slagging him off.  People are welcome to criticise him, I’m not going to yet though.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Independent ratings from FotMob and WhoScored.

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    aliwibble said:
    sammy391 said:
    Jackson completely at fault again.
    sent them out with a shocking shape, no game plan and just bizarre team selection.

have to laugh, jackson who during the week says he wants more physicality this and next season , then decides to play two 5’something midfielders as strikers! Beyond a joke

yes injuries have hurt us, but we have to plan B - starting to wonder if we have a plan A! 
    Since when was Burstow a 5'something midfielder?
    Jaiyesimi & lee 
    And the only forward we had on the bench was Kanu, who's played what? 10 minutes of League One football? Would you really want to risk shattering his confidence for the slim hope of him getting a consolation goal, especially given that we weren't really making chances at that point?
  • Options
    Impressed with Doncaster at the moment

Thought they were dead and buried a few weeks ago with Crewe

They've played two games more, but just four points from safety now.