Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    I don't think Stockley is the saviour that everyone is thinking. 

Jackson looks out of his depth and doesn't want to ditch 'all the work' they've put in with this formation, even though it looks like they've done nothing at all. 

The problem with hiring Jackson was that once things didn't go as planned, people wouldn't want to part with a club legend. Even if we end up in League Two it'll be everyone else's fault. 
  • Options
    Great to have Jayden back... Too late today, but important going forward. 
  • Options
    This is bad but we're not going down.

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 
  • Options
    Standard Famewo 
  • Options
    Not looking good from the back of the South Stand. Lavelle is the one guy who looks like he can defend and we have little in midfield and nothing up front. ‘Hit and hope’ will yield nothing and we look as we could play until midnight and beyond without scoring. 

We have to hope that Wednesday start think thinking about their game on Tuesday.
  • Options
    Anyone saying we can’t get relegated are deluded…this team is plummeting down the table and it only takes one team in bottom 3 to hit some form
  • Options
    RC-C scores a second
  • Options
    1. 46'

Post update

Offside, Sheffield Wednesday. Jack Hunt tries a through ball, but Saido Berahino is caught offside.

• Options
    Chunes said:

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
  • Options
    1. 48'

Post update

Barry Bannan (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 48'

Post update

Foul by George Dobson (Charlton Athletic).

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pathetic, 50+ points looks a long way off to me. 
    Actually, it's 11.  I counted. :wink:

• Options
    Here we go for yellow cards

Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·16s49'
    🟨 Jaiyesimi booked after bumping into Johnson. 

#swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    How does Jacko's stats stand up against Adkins  ?

Assuming we lose this one today..

Adkins PL26 W9 D7 L10

Jackson PL28 W13 D4 L11
  • Options
    Switched off. Now playing Fortnite.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    In 2022 we have 10 points from 11 games. 
  • Options
    How does Jacko's stats stand up against Adkins  ?

Assuming we lose this one today..

Adkins PL26 W9 D7 L10

Jackson PL28 W13 D4 L11
    What on earth gives you that assumption??😂
  • Options
    Classic timewasting by Johnson. Managed to get Jaiyesimi booked as well.
  • Options
    Don’t get me wrong here because I’m glad Stockley is coming on but he’s Jayden Stockley not Lionel Messi. He’s important for us and at last we’ll have a genuine striker on the pitch but our defence will negate anything he manages to do. 2 - 0 will be a decent final score based on what’s happened first half. 
  • Options
    How is that not a booking  :D
  • Options
    I still don't think we'll get relegated  - the bottom 4 just don't win games, let alone go on a run to catch us. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ol one leg Fam again
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    The classic Famewo hoof
  • Options
    And another 
  • Options
    Don’t get me wrong here because I’m glad Stockley is coming on but he’s Jayden Stockley not Lionel Messi. He’s important for us and at last we’ll have a genuine striker on the pitch but our defence will negate anything he manages to do. 2 - 0 will be a decent final score based on what’s happened first half. 
    He'll also be a help in our own box for set pieces. 
  • Options
    Famewo is so one footed. Can't get away with that these days. Unless you're Barry Bannon maybe.
  • Options
    1. 52'

Post update

Foul by Massimo Luongo (Sheffield Wednesday).

2. 52'

Post update

Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the attacking half.

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    should have stayed at the allotment and listened to wimbledon
    Magdalen Road?
  • Options
    Had an ice cream
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:

We've been playing a lot of very good teams recently. 

With no strikers and our weakest lineups.

• Options
    Standard Famewo 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!