Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    I still don't think we'll get relegated  - the bottom 4 just don't win games, let alone go on a run to catch us. 
    We have to play them yer !
    Indeed.....and Morecombe are now winning  !!
  • Options
    Leko on for Burstow. 
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·28s60'
    SUB 🔄 | Mason Burstow makes way for Jonathan Leko. 

#swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Morecambe and Shrewsbury now both winning 😳😳
    Don't worry we won't get relegated...
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Yup that will probably happen between now and the end of the season - Regardless of the sarky comments, no one in this Division will go the rest of the season without winning games. 
  • Options
    At least 2 goals conceded every game, can't blame the injured strikers for that

You can if you can't keep the ball out of your own half - less time and fewer opportunities for the other team to get at Gunter & co. Strikers play a key part in holding the ball up and dragging the rest of the team out with them. The ones we have available are unable to do that.
    Yes we're lacking someone to hold the ball up, BUT we're making basic defensive errors, both individually and as a team. 

We are. And it's something that the coaching staff will be acutely aware of. And when it keeps happening under numerous coaches anyway, is it the coaching or the players?
  • Options
    That’ll do it Leko is on 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Alex Gilbey is a fucking fraud
    Oh hi, been playing a bit of football myself, how's today g-
  • Options
    Leko? WTF 😡😡
  • Options
    That’ll do it Leko is on 
    No Fraser today then... The Matthews injury has stopped that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:
    This is bad but we're not going down.

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    Understand what you're saying but would you back this lot to even beat Gillingham? I wouldn't. 

Yes I would. Seven points from four games against bottom half opposition in 2022 would indicate that we can beat Gillingham, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Doncaster et al. Especially if Stockley, Washington and even Aneke become available for the stretch.
    If my auntie had a penis.......

We lost to fucking Crewe ffs. 
  • Options

61' Gunter makes a good, last-ditch block to deny Johnson in plenty of space at the far post. #swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chill, Stockley's on, we'll win 2-3 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 
    We've been playing a lot of very good teams recently. 

With no strikers and our weakest lineups.

The same very good teams Adkins got pelters for for not beating.  The players getting booed off after 3 games probably didn't help....... 
    True in a way. Adkins started the season without a proper XI. And when signings were eventually made, they weren't fit enough to play 90 minutes and the next game.

• Options
    Since Stockley  came on Wednesday have had 3 shots and we have had none. So an immediate effect by him.
    We’ve had one. And it was even on target!
  • Options
    1. 61'

Post update

Corner, Sheffield Wednesday. Conceded by Chris Gunter.

• Options

61' CHANCE! Bannan's sends the ball into the box, Pato header back across goal for the on-rushing Johnson, whose strike from close range was blocked by Gunter
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    Understand what you're saying but would you back this lot to even beat Gillingham? I wouldn't. 

Yes I would. Seven points from four games against bottom half opposition in 2022 would indicate that we can beat Gillingham, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Doncaster et al. Especially if Stockley, Washington and even Aneke become available for the stretch.

But here's 15 reasons as to why that doesn't count and Jackson is actually a good manager. 
  • Options
    6 points clear of Morecambe ffs
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

…she could play right wing back?
  • Options
    Omar Bogle, oh my oh my 
  • Options
    At least 2 goals conceded every game, can't blame the injured strikers for that

You can if you can't keep the ball out of your own half - less time and fewer opportunities for the other team to get at Gunter & co. Strikers play a key part in holding the ball up and dragging the rest of the team out with them. The ones we have available are unable to do that.
    Yes we're lacking someone to hold the ball up, BUT we're making basic defensive errors, both individually and as a team. 

We are. And it's something that the coaching staff will be acutely aware of. And when it keeps happening under numerous coaches anyway, is it the coaching or the players?
    Did we change any of the coaches? 

Or did we just appoint the assistant to take over and fill in his spot with 1 coach? 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

I agree with this......but that is assuming the 3 strikers get & stay fit. 
  • Options
    Sounds like we might still able to get Fraser on if Matthews injury was a concussion. We'll see
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

You mean if my uncle had tits, surely?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

…she could play right wing back?
    She died just before Christmas but she couldn't be any worse..... 
  • Options
    Sounds like we might have a 4th due to Matthews having concussion.
  • Options
    ross1 said:

61' CHANCE! Bannan's sends the ball into the box, Pato header back across goal for the on-rushing Johnson, whose strike from close range was blocked by Gunter
    Gunter? FFS stopping a cert Wednesday goal. 

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:

What on earth are you on? Calm down. I didn't say we will beat every team we play did I? Bad losses happen, even with every player fit.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!