Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·36s82'
    🟨 Storey booked for a foul on Leko. 

#swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    OK I give up. Time to watch the rugby. 

I have a funny feeling that today I will regret being a sports fan as after watching this rubbish we lose at Twickenham to Wales. 

Please Pm in the unlikely event we have another shot. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Sheff Weds have such a simple and effective style of football

What's ours?
    Dunno….neither do the players or JJ
  • Options
    I am putting this defeat squarely on the clash of shorts 
  • Options
    Possession has increased from 32 to 37% according to BBC. Progress!
  • Options
    ct_addick said:
    On this form I would say we are in trouble

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
  • Options
    Superb time wasting by Bannon. He's got his timing just right.
  • Options
    Table looks quite scary given our form and the fact we still have to play most of the teams below us. First time I’ve actually thought we’re in danger. 
  • Options
    Don't look any better with Stockley and Fraser. We could easily get sucked into danger 
  • Options
    And it isn't Bannon that's subbed. Remarkable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield Wednesday@swfc·57s84'
     🔄 Third change of the game for us

⬅️ Johnson
    ➡️ Brennan 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
    Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    ct_addick said:

What you have said there shows you how shit we really are. Worried about playing the top 6 in…..League 1.
  • Options
    Ipswich equalise
  • Options
    Ipswich equaliser against Morecambe which is good news for us.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?
    Because we've shown nothing to show that we might improve, nothing
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

I hope you are right but this run of games plus Sunderland next has sucked all the confidence out of the team. I am not convinced they suddenly just recover that and start playing better, especially when they will be playing 6 pointer games against smaller clubs scrapping for their lives who expected to be where they are and have bought in a load of fighters.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ct_addick said:

What you have said there shows you how shit we really are. Worried about playing the top 6 in…..League 1.

No arguments there. It's depressing.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Leko’s continual offsides are driving me nuts. Utterly brainless
    Not learnt from the harshest of lessons at Swindon has he. He's very dopey. 
  • Options
    Ipswich just equalised, clutching at straws for good news !
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I am putting this defeat squarely on the clash of shorts 
    I'm blaming the pitch, stopping us playing our usual Barcelona style of Pep passing football
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:

The worrying thing is we’re not showing and fight and belief that no doubt some of the clubs down there will.

We will get there. Form comes and goes, that's the nature of a 46 game season.
  • Options
    1. 87'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Lewis Gibson.

• Options
    1. 88'

Post update

Sam Hutchinson (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 88'

Post update

Foul by Jayden Stockley (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:

The worrying thing is we’re not showing and fight and belief that no doubt some of the clubs down there will.

We will get there. Form comes and goes, that's the nature of a 46 game season.
    But ours is comes 6 games, goes 40  :)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Superb time wasting by Bannon. He's got his timing just right.
    Is that you Brownie... :)
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Because we've shown nothing to show that we might improve, nothing

Going a full half of football without conceding *touch wood* is an improvement. The way we get out of this is by getting back to keeping clean sheets and it's going to be easier to do that with our best players available.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!