Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    philcafc said:
    Ipswich equaliser against Morecambe which is good news for us.
    philcafc said:
    The dirty no good bastards, don't they realise that there are people on here predicting our relegation let alone Jackson's sacking
  • Options
    Gills 0-2
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:
    On this form I would say we are in trouble

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
    Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?
    Because we've shown nothing to show that we might improve, nothing

Going a full half of football without conceding *touch wood* is an improvement. The way we get out of this is by getting back to keeping clean sheets and it's going to be easier to do that with our best players available.
    Please don't tell me you're clinging onto a second half clean sheet against a team that's already won? 

Jesus. 
  • Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
    Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?

Going a full half of football without conceding *touch wood* is an improvement. The way we get out of this is by getting back to keeping clean sheets and it's going to be easier to do that with our best players available.
    Good grief callum
  • Options
    1. 89'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Jordan Storey.

• Options
    Crewe winning at Cheltenham which suits us
  • Options

90+1 Five minutes added... #swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    philcafc said:
    philcafc said:
    The dirty no good bastards, don't they realise that there are people on here predicting our relegation let alone Jackson's sacking
    Predicting and suggesting its a possibility are two different things. 

Sacking Jackson now won't change anything. 
  • Options
    ross1 said:

90+1 Five minutes added... #swfc 2 #cafc 0
    COYA. Still time to nick a shot on target.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1. 90'+1'

Booking

Callum Paterson (Sheffield Wednesday) is shown the yellow card for a bad foul.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Second half clean sheet win!

A2V!

Booooooom!
  • Options
    1. 90'+2'

Post update

Corner, Charlton Athletic. Conceded by Lewis Gibson.

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Please don't tell me you're clinging onto a second half clean sheet against a team that's already won? 

Jesus. 

We've gone nine halves of football in a row conceding a goal. Stop the rot at the back and if it takes baby steps, that's what it takes.
  • Options
    ct_addick said:

Well, it's a good thing we're not fighting for relegation, sorry misspoke, it looks very much like we are, except for the fight bit.

We could find ourselves easy to beat...
  • Options
    10 points from 11 games now.... 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    philcafc said:
    philcafc said:

Not beyond this season but it might give us another mini revival to keep us up.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    philcafc said:
    philcafc said:

Correct Cafc, but it amazes me how quickly some of the dick heads on here are calling for his head.

• Options
    Weds commentators saying we are worst team they have seen this season
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday@swfc·1m90+2'
     🔄 Substitution for the Owls

⬅️ Bannan
    ➡️ Sow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Please STOP now Callum.
    We can't defend poor play, poor effort, poor formations and poor management anymore.

3-5-2 is NOT working

EVERYBODY but Jacko, can see that!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:

The worrying thing is we’re not showing and fight and belief that no doubt some of the clubs down there will.

We will get there. Form comes and goes, that's the nature of a 46 game season.
    In general I’d agree but we don’t look like an inconsistent mid table side, we look much more like a relegation one.

We arguably are a relegation side without Stockley, Washington and Aneke available. I certainly wouldn't be as confident as I am if we knew those three were definitely out the rest of the season.
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Weds commentators saying we are worst team they have seen this season
    Yep
  • Options
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    philcafc said:
    philcafc said:

Correct Cafc, but it amazes me how quickly some of the dick heads on here are calling for his head.

Ah yes, dick heads because people want change from a team who have lost 5 on the spin with zero sign it will change.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrZRrzfMF3o

FT 2-0 No shots..on or off target, 'fraid so lads this is not bloody good enough, and the only way seems down  :(
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:

The worrying thing is we’re not showing and fight and belief that no doubt some of the clubs down there will.

We will get there. Form comes and goes, that's the nature of a 46 game season.
    In general I’d agree but we don’t look like an inconsistent mid table side, we look much more like a relegation one.

We arguably are a relegation side without Stockley, Washington and Aneke available. I certainly wouldn't be as confident as I am if we knew those three were definitely out the rest of the season.
    Any side would be a relegation team without three first choice strikers.

Rotherham only need to lose Smith / Lapado and thats over half the goals they've scored this season.
  • Options
    Can't score.  Can't keep a clean sheet.  Don't change anything.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

Depressing.
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Bailey said:
    philcafc said:
    philcafc said:

I am not, but if not now when?

Adkins got the push after 9 points from 13 games.  Jackson's current run is 10 from 11.......

They both went into those games on the back of play off, minimum, form...... 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!