Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

1141516171820»

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    ct_addick said:
    On this form I would say we are in trouble

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
    The worrying thing is we’re not showing and fight and belief that no doubt some of the clubs down there will.

We will get there. Form comes and goes, that's the nature of a 46 game season.
    In general I’d agree but we don’t look like an inconsistent mid table side, we look much more like a relegation one.

We arguably are a relegation side without Stockley, Washington and Aneke available. I certainly wouldn't be as confident as I am if we knew those three were definitely out the rest of the season.

This. 

We've got Stockley back, so now we can start playing the opposition off the park again....

• Options
    ct_addick said:

These last five games have been depressing but I fully expect this form to turn as soon as the level of opposition drops. We won't have to play 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 5th repeatedly between now and the end of the season.
    Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?
    Because some people think only the worst case scenario is true.

• Options
    edited February 2022
    supaclive said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Teams fighting for relegation and play-off places are notoriously easy to beat after all. 

That's a bit of a myth. Those teams are lower in the table for a reason. They're not as good.

As if you genuinely think we are relegation threatened, why does that response not also apply to us?
    Because we've shown nothing to show that we might improve, nothing

Going a full half of football without conceding *touch wood* is an improvement. The way we get out of this is by getting back to keeping clean sheets and it's going to be easier to do that with our best players available.
    Please STOP now Callum.
    We can't defend poor play, poor effort, poor formations and poor management anymore.

3-5-2 is NOT working

EVERYBODY but Jacko, can see that!

Seems to be working fine for a lot of other clubs. Shall we go back to the 4-2-3-1 that got us 9 points from 13 games under Adkins?

Easy to blame a set of numbers as if they mean anything but everybody in the professional game knows it's more complicated than that.
  • Options
    Thank you all for the updates, the weekend can only improve...
  • Options
    kafka said:
    Weds commentators saying we are worst team they have seen this season
    We're the worst team I've seen this season
  • Options
    Clean Sheet Win.
  • Options
    Oh, it's over. I'd honestly lost focus in the last half hour. That was sad. 
  • Options
    They had 2 shots on target . 2 goals, we had 1 shot on target
  • Options
    We can't defend AND Wednesday worked harder than us.
  • Options
    "Believe that's the first time we've lost five league games on the spin outside of the top two flights of English football"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1st time we have ever lost 5 on the spin in the 3rd tier.  Ever. 
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    ct_addick said:

Because we've shown nothing to show that we might improve, nothing

Going a full half of football without conceding *touch wood* is an improvement. The way we get out of this is by getting back to keeping clean sheets and it's going to be easier to do that with our best players available.
    Please STOP now Callum.
    We can't defend poor play, poor effort, poor formations and poor management anymore.

3-5-2 is NOT working

EVERYBODY but Jacko, can see that!

Seems to be working fine for a lot of other clubs. Shall we go back to the 4-2-3-1 that got us 9 points from 13 games under Adkins?

Easy to blame a set of numbers as if they mean anything but everybody in the professional game knows it's more complicated than that.

Because a lot of other clubs have the players to play that system...
  • Options
    Pompey 3rd equaliser, 3-3
  • Options
    Nice to see that the sun is still up at 5 o'clock.
  • Options
    Let’s put this out of its misery. Over to the post-match thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!