Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    1. 72'

Post update

Jordan Storey (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 72'

Post update

Foul by Akin Famewo (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    Is it safe to come out yet?

You've chosen a more public setting than most...
  • Options

73' Famewo draws a good save from the keeper with a header, but the ref blows for a push, regardless. #swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Doncaster draw level at Wimbledon. A draw is probably the best result for us...
  • Options
    1. 74'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Elliot Lee tries a through ball, but Jonathan Leko is caught offside.

• Options
    ross1 said:

73' Famewo draws a good save from the keeper with a header, but the ref blows for a push, regardless. #swfc 2 #cafc 0
    Tweets need to be more specific.  Which end of the pitch was this. Can't be sure with our mob!
  • Options

The Addicks' fourth sub is allowed following Matthews' withdrawal earlier in the game as a concussion sub. #swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    Gillingham winning now 😳
  • Options
    1. 75'

Booking

Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic) is shown the yellow card for hand ball.

2. 75'

Post update

Hand ball by Ben Purrington (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    edited February 2022
    GOD SHUT UP BROWNIE, this bloody love in with them is wearing a bit thin...maybe we were better when the commentary was shot..B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gillingham winning now 😳
    Looks like I spoke to soon. 

Still think we'll have enough to stay up. 
  • Options
    1. 76'

Post update

Corner, Sheffield Wednesday. Conceded by Diallang Jaiyesimi.

• Options
    Dobson has had a stinker today
  • Options
    Charlton at the moment only 6 pts from  relegation
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Gillingham winning now 😳
    Winning away to Lincoln, who is closer to us
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Chunes said:
    This is bad but we're not going down.

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    Understand what you're saying but would you back this lot to even beat Gillingham? I wouldn't. 

Yes I would. Seven points from four games against bottom half opposition in 2022 would indicate that we can beat Gillingham, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Doncaster et al. Especially if Stockley, Washington and even Aneke become available for the stretch.
    If my auntie had a penis.......

We lost to fucking Crewe ffs. 

What on earth are you on? Calm down. I didn't say we will beat every team we play did I? Bad losses happen, even with every player fit.
    If, if, if. 

Could have, should have, didn't sums this season up. 

If we get relegated this season I will send over 100 quid to the upbeats. Anyone want to take the other half of that?
    I'll even double that up and say that if we get relegated I'll donate $100 to the Cheney/Romney 2024 campaign fund. 
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Charlton at the moment only 6 pts from  relegation
    Very worrying I would say.
  • Options
    Depressing when you're desperate for Ipswich to equalise at Morecambe to affect a relegation rival 
  • Options
    We need about 11 points from 12 remaining games.  Our form needs to improve for survival.
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday@swfc·2m79'
    🔄 We're making a second change;

⬅️ Hunt 
    ➡️ Gibson

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jonathon "offside" Leko does it again...and again..and.. B)
  • Options
    1. 79'

Post update

Offside, Charlton Athletic. Diallang Jaiyesimi tries a through ball, but Jonathan Leko is caught offside.

• Options
    Our players look so disinterested.  Even Dobson playing shit today .
  • Options
    On this form I would say we are in trouble
  • Options
    It is all rather pitiful.
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Leko’s continual offsides are driving me nuts. Utterly brainless
  • Options
    Sheff Weds have such a simple and effective style of football

What's ours?
  • Options
    Charlton Athletic FC@CAFCofficial·2m
    Great to see you back out there, Jayden 👊

• Options
    Jonathon "offside" Leko does it again...and again..and.. B)
    He may actually be the first living human without a brain. 
  • Options
    1. 82'

Post update

Foul by Jordan Storey (Sheffield Wednesday).

2. 82'

Post update

Jonathan Leko (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!