Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Sheffield Wednesday vs Charlton Athletic | Saturday 26th February 2022

Comments

• Options
    At least 2 goals conceded every game, can't blame the injured strikers for that

You can if you can't keep the ball out of your own half - less time and fewer opportunities for the other team to get at Gunter & co. Strikers play a key part in holding the ball up and dragging the rest of the team out with them. The ones we have available are unable to do that.
    Yes we're lacking someone to hold the ball up, BUT we're making basic defensive errors, both individually and as a team. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    This is bad but we're not going down.

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    Understand what you're saying but would you back this lot to even beat Gillingham? I wouldn't. 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

Minto says Stockley might be coming on at half time. Watch the team be transformed as soon as he steps on the pitch. It might be too late to get anything out of this afternoon but having him in the side between now and May will be more than enough to keep us comfortably mid table.

Unfortunately, Burstow Leko Lee DJ and whoever else we try up front just can't pull us up the pitch in the same way and the last four or five games have effectively been a training session of defense v attack because of it.
    We are playing a lot of very good teams in our final games. I don't think we could beat a league two side at the moment. 
    We've been playing a lot of very good teams recently. 

With no strikers and our weakest lineups.

Let us hope we are the best of the sh*t teams at the bottom
  • Options
    Thought Mason was gonna put that away
  • Options
    Was that a shot on target???
  • Options
    Blucher said:

We have to hope that Wednesday start think thinking about their game on Tuesday.
    Sheffield Tuesday?

• Options
    Best chance of the game. Burstow's shot straight at the keeper. Could have played in Stockley
  • Options
    1. 55'

Post update

Attempt saved. Mason Burstow (Charlton Athletic) right footed shot from outside the box is saved.

• Options
    55' Chance! Jaiyesimi dispossesses a defender on the edge of the box, it's picked up by Burstow who opts to shoot, but it's straight at Peacock-Farrell. #swfc 2 #cafc 0
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Chunes said:

We have played most of the top half after Sunderland. Only Ipswich and Rotherham left in the last 10 games. There should be plenty of points available to be more than comfortable.
    In 2022 we have 10 points from 11 games. 

Take out the top half teams, that record becomes 7 points from 4 games. Which is to my point that we will be able to do enough to be comfortable based on who we have left to play.

Three points from 7 games against top half is not good enough and no-one is disputing that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simple pass to Stockley and it was 1-2, but Burstow thought otherwise, he needs to learn, totally the wrong decision
  • Options
    How does Jacko's stats stand up against Adkins  ?
    Game for game he is about 5 points ahead I think.  I'll work it out later if I can be arsed. 
  • Options
    Best chance of the game. Burstow's shot straight at the keeper. Could have played in Stockley
    Yup... Probably could have done
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Was that a shot on target???
    Yes, that was it for the game
  • Options
    Been better second half
  • Options
    I see they’ve sorted out the sound problems
  • Options
    Gilbey is trash
  • Options
    If we can only beat the the shit teams then we won't be getting out of this division any time soon. 
  • Options
    Alex Gilbey is a fucking fraud
  • Options
    CH4RLTON said:
    Been better second half

Amazing how that happens when you actually have a proper senior striker to call on...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:

In 2022 we have 10 points from 11 games. 

Take out the top half teams, that record becomes 7 points from 4 games. Which is to my point that we will be able to do enough to be comfortable based on who we have left to play.

Three points from 7 games against top half is not good enough and no-one is disputing that.
    If come the end of the season he has a worse PPG than midtable would you get rid? 

Stockley is back, Fraser is back, there's no excuse after this game. 
  • Options
    Morecambe winning ut oh
  • Options
    1. 57'

Post update

Massimo Luongo (Sheffield Wednesday) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 57'

Post update

Foul by Alex Gilbey (Charlton Athletic).

• Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Chunes said:

We've been playing a lot of very good teams recently. 

With no strikers and our weakest lineups.

The same very good teams Adkins got pelters for for not beating.  The players getting booed off after 3 games probably didn't help....... 
  • Options
    If we can only beat the the shit teams then we won't be getting out of this division any time soon. 
    Oh yes we will, just not the direction we want
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Understand what you're saying but would you back this lot to even beat Gillingham? I wouldn't. 

Yes I would. Seven points from four games against bottom half opposition in 2022 would indicate that we can beat Gillingham, Morecambe, Shrewsbury, Doncaster et al. Especially if Stockley, Washington and even Aneke become available for the stretch.
  • Options
    Morecambe and Shrewsbury now both winning 😳😳
  • Options
    Leko coming on, no Fraser today then…
  • Options
    Burstow has been Chelseaized
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!