Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oscar for best fight AT the Oscars goes to.......

Will Smith smashes Chris Rock in the face for slating his missus!!

Comments

• edited March 2022
    I’ve deleted my observation for fear of being abused for it. Too old for that.
  • No wonder his kids are so fucked up and self entitled. Ruined his own big night (assuming that this is real which I have my doubts about)
  • Apparently Jada Smith has alopecia, so maybe Chris Rock could have been a bit more sensitive? Though Will does laugh at the "joke" initially.    
  • I wonder who will play them in the movie???

Big Willy obviously didn’t take too kindly to a joke about his wife’s alopecia but I’m not convinced this was the right course of action. That being said though…..it probably is what many would have done had their wife just been mocked in front of millions.

Naturally Twitter-folk are  calling for assault charges and for Smith to be imprisoned for this.
  • MrOneLung said:
    After seeing that punch he obviously forgot all his training for Ali as it was weak as hell. 
    It wasn't a punch, more of a slap, all it was missing was a glove for a duel.
  • Sponsored links:

• The wild Wild West, eh.
  • edited March 2022
    On the assumption it wasn’t a set up (the sloppy punch thing looks a bit wet but the effing and jeffing looks genuine), this provides an interesting example of how our reactions have changed (or rather our “training” in increasingly PC times has evolved). The race thing is an utter irrelevance in this instance. But my reaction as a fifty something bloke went in the space of five minutes from “Good on ya Will” to “maybe should have taken it outside afterwards mate” to “not in front of the children” to “what a shame for him, he’s ruined his own big night doing something we all privately admit we’d have struggled not to do in the same circs” to “Heavens above I can’t condone violence of any kind, I hope he’s admonished (and Chris Rock too)” I got there in the end. 

Or maybe it was all a ginormous set up. 
  • edited March 2022
    Pretty sad though that my first reaction is how much money they’ll both go on to make from it. They’ll now be the most in demand talk show guest for the next two years. Controversy ignites publicity and publicity is rocket fuel in their worlds. 
  • Will Smith and his wife are one strange couple and he didn't look that bothered by the joke initially.

About the only vaguely interesting thing at this borefest.
  • I wonder if his mum got scared?
    Come on, it was only one little fight
  • I wonder if his mum got scared?
    Come on, it was only one little fight
    Wonder what she’ll say?
  • MrOneLung said:
    After seeing that punch he obviously forgot all his training for Ali as it was weak as hell. 
    Was a slap
  • Pretty sad though that my first reaction is how much money they’ll both go on to make from it. They’ll now be the most in demand talk show guest for the next two years. Controversy ignites publicity and publicity is rocket fuel in their worlds. 
    To be fair I think it's the talk shows that benefit most from having a Will Smith or Chris Rock on 
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Slap looked staged. Not buying it. 
    Having watched it a couple of times it does look staged but the verbal stuff looks more genuine.
  • The slap I could see as staged but the swearing leading to the feed being cut wouldn't have been. 

Makes me think overall it must've been real. Think Smith wasn't too bothered by the joke but went up once he saw how upset his wife was about it. 
  • There's no way that's staged, Chris Rock looks visibly shocked and lost for words for a bit. He's not that good an actor.

Plus of course the swearing after, twice.
  • We have a terrible war in Ukraine, a huge cost of living crisis, Covid infections at a high and the news this morning is mainly about the Oscars. 
    I get what you mean, but tomorrow we will still be talking about all the other things but not the Oscars. 

I actually find it quite nice to see some other news for a change!
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Slap looked staged. Not buying it. 
    Having watched it a couple of times it does look staged but the verbal stuff looks more genuine.
    That's why a big name good actor was used as part of the stage rather than someone of Eastenders quality.