Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oscar for best fight AT the Oscars goes to.......

Comments

• Options
    Crisis actors
  • Options
    A crisis in acting, yes.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why would Chris Rock lean in and wince before the obviously staged slap?

The slap itself was pathetic. The entire action of the slap is so unnatural. Straight out of stage school. Blatantly choreographed.

Perfect lead in to the speech and the message from god to love people and all that b*llocks.

It's fine if you think it was genuine. I'm not buying it at all.
    He was standing like that before he even walked up. Don't know what you mean. How do you act when you don't know you're about to be slapped? 
    Not like this (the entire action is so staged it's laughable):

Could it be the case that he realises there's a strong chance he's about to get a smack but is putting a brave face on it?
  • Options
    cafctom said:
    Absolutely nobody on either side would have seen this as a worthwhile thing to stage.

”How about you make a joke about my wife’s alopecia, then I’ll slap you and humiliate you on stage before sitting back down and swear at you and ruin my family friendly image, and then when I do my speech I can cry and apologise”

Cant quite see it.
    Think these privileged Hollywood luvvies hold the Academy in too high esteem to have pulled any kind of stunt like this, n all. And there weren't any punchline to it (excuse the pun). It was just left hanging off a cliff. 

Re' BBW photos - in the first photo, reckon Rock had time to notice Smith's hand come up, realise he's about to get slapped and wince as he is.
  • Options
    The puritanical Oscar committee / Disney would not countenance swearing at the ceremony or anything that would distract from the actual awards. 

I only caught a glance at it as I was leaving the house this morning and erroneously called it a punch on page 1. 
  • Options
    This may be a silly question, but do we know Rock was aware of her alopecia? I mean she had shortly cropped hair and may have just been commenting on her hair style. Which still might not be very nice but if he knew about her condition he was out of order and you can understand Smith getting upset.
  • Options
    surely any bloke would've reacted the same had someone publicly mocked their wife/girlfriend in that way (especially around such a delicate subject)

I know I would
  • Options
    good way to distract from best film not being won by a traditional Hollywood studio 
  • Options
    Davo55 said:
    Come on, there's no way that was staged. It completely threw Rock and he was humiliated by it. Smith was raging but managed to partly control that into a slap rather than a punch. Rock should have publicly apologised for the distasteful jokes about Mrs Smith and Smith should have publicly apologised to Rock (not just to "the academy") in his speech. Both come out of it looking like dicks.
    Trust me, I far better looking than Will Smith and Chris Rock #JustSaying 
  • Options
    Why would Chris Rock lean in and wince before the obviously staged slap?

The slap itself was pathetic. The entire action of the slap is so unnatural. Straight out of stage school. Blatantly choreographed.

Perfect lead in to the speech and the message from god to love people and all that b*llocks.

It's fine if you think it was genuine. I'm not buying it at all.
    What on Earth is the logic behind them doing this anyway? Disney would never allow this to happen by choice (and have pretty much pretended it didn't happen on the Oscars website), Smith and Rock haven't come out of it looking very good, and there's camera phone footage of Smith crying during the ad break. Nobody else on social is talking about it being fake. It's not part of the discussion because that makes no sense at all. 

The entire time Will was walking up Rock clearly thought it was a joke. That Will was playing. And I think he probably thought that right up until the slap landed. The man is standing in front of literally a billion people with Will Smith walking towards him and he's got 6 seconds to figure out what's going on and what he should do. Maybe he braces himself because he still thinks it's a joke at that moment. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A dick move on both counts,unnecessary and pathetic. A bit like the whole Oscars really. Self absorbant prick luvvies creaming over each other. Fake smiles and tears, cannot stand it.
  • Options
    What the hell is that hand waving thing they were all doing when someone wins an award? 

Made me feel ill.
  • Options
    What the hell is that hand waving thing they were all doing when someone wins an award? 

Made me feel ill.
    Sign language applause.
  • Options

Made me feel ill.
    It was because of CODA i think.
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Made me feel ill.
    Sign language applause.
    Now I maybe being stupid, but there's a really good hand movement to indicate applause.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    @ValleyGary ‘s publicist will be issuing a heartfelt apology shortly! 
    Weren't just Gary tbf. I thought they were doing it as a nod towards Ruth Madoc and was waiting for her collect her life time achievement award for her portrail of Glady Pugh* in the gritty dark comedy Hi De Hi.

*Definite would ya?
  • Options
    Shrew said:

Made me feel ill.
    Sign language applause.
    Now I maybe being stupid, but there's a really good hand movement to indicate applause.
    Clapping is low down though so hard to see.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    se9addick said:
    @ValleyGary ‘s publicist will be issuing a heartfelt apology shortly! 
    Weren't just Gary tbf. I thought they were doing it as a nod towards Ruth Madoc and was waiting for her collect her life time achievement award for her portrail of Glady Pugh* in the gritty dark comedy Hi De Hi.

*Definite would ya?
    The very definition of a wouldya, I'd say. Good call
  • Options
    Just seen this. The slap thing looked staged - everybody smiling and, Smith played the Greatest and was trained to hit people. If he wanted to hit the guy properly he could have floored him.

But the Alpha male thing when he sat down, effing and talking about 'my woman' (Smith's wife is a strong classy lady who can probably look after herself) was gutter level stuff and ruined the evening - made worse when he got up to accept his Oscar and gushed on about God and love.
  • Options
    taking his Muhammad Ali act far too literally .. but it might make some 'comedians' think more carefully about who they make the butt of their 'humour'
  • Options
    100% staged - can’t believe it even being debated ! 
  • Options
    Would have been a whole lot better if Rock had given Smith a good dig back. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Slap looked staged. Not buying it. 
    Having watched it a couple of times it does look staged but the verbal stuff looks more genuine.
    That's why a big name good actor was used as part of the stage rather than someone of Eastenders quality.

You of all people would know to be fair! 
    Dick
    Can I help you? 
    Assuming youll be telling him to take your name out of his mouth....