Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oscar for best fight AT the Oscars goes to.......

Comments

• Options
    On hearing a 'Joke' about his wife's alopecia, Will Smith was caught between a Rock and a hard place. My advice (£100 for 20 minute session) would've been to walk on stage and grab Chris Rock by the short and Curlies ( his head to be clear) and shout out you 'lucky Mother Fucker'. This response would've been more appropriate.

Ricky Gervais is feeling lucky and Jimmy Carr is Gutted that he didn't say the 'Joke' first.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Slap looked staged. Not buying it. 
    Having watched it a couple of times it does look staged but the verbal stuff looks more genuine.
    That's why a big name good actor was used as part of the stage rather than someone of Eastenders quality.

You of all people would know to be fair! 
  • Options
    STAGED for me. The camera angle changed when he slapped him. Like they do in WWE. His recovery from a solid person slapping him forcefully was too fast as it would still knock your breathing for a few seconds.
  • Options
    would've been more interesting if he'd properly decked him rather than just a slap.
  • Options
    it would seem from all the interviews on TV this morning that the whole audience was backstage at the time as well?
  • Options
    I think it was real to be honest, can’t really think of a plausible reason why it would be staged.
  • Options
    Someone mocks your wife’s disease you’re chinning em right? 

My other observation is I’d bet top dollar Ricky Gervais and Piers Morgan amongst other “it’s just jokes” mob wouldn’t have a crack at will smiths wife..
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Think the pair of them have been described as pretty good friends in the past. Seeing as the Oscars (and other awards) are hosted like one of those celebrity "roasts" that the yanks love so much, everyone there will know/expect to be fair game, Ricky Gervais absolutely destroyed people when he has been hosting. So if it was genuine, bit of a sad reaction really.

Meh, fake or not it's nothing like the boxing match it was described as.... Sums up the Oscars perfectly these days "massive bore fest let down"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

My other observation is I’d bet top dollar Ricky Gervais and Piers Morgan amongst other “it’s just jokes” mob wouldn’t have a crack at will smiths wife..
    So hitting people is the way forward then. Perhaps Jada could have had her say?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Having watched it a couple of times it does look staged but the verbal stuff looks more genuine.
    That's why a big name good actor was used as part of the stage rather than someone of Eastenders quality.

Dick
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    And you know it wasn't staged?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    What?
  • Options

If you mock my wife’s disease yes. 
  • Options
    Not a chance in hell that was staged. Disney just wouldn’t have it. And apart from giving the show more eyeballs there was nothing else to gain from it. 
    Rock and Smith both come out looking stupid. 

As said above I think Smith took it in jest until he saw her reaction. It’s a bit of a shitty joke (especially if he knew of her alopecia) although not bad enough for a public slapping. Goes to show the man’s colossal ego to walk on stage and throw a slap instead of wait until after!
  • Options
    Pretty sure Rock was about to make another joke about Jada keeping things out of her mouth but thought better of it. 
  • Options

Perhaps (if it was real, which I doubt) Jada said 'Do something Will'
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    Will Smith is an A list celeb, it's so cringeworthy that if he was given time to think and consider that there's no way him or his management would agree to do it.
  • Options
    I think it’s real.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    Will Smith is an A list celeb, it's so cringeworthy that if he was given time to think and consider that there's no way him or his management would agree to do it.
    I also think if it was staged, they wouldn't have picked such a "mean" joke. A joke about a woman's appearance isn't exactly how I would stage it. 
  • Options
    Huskaris said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    I also think if it was staged, they wouldn't have picked such a "mean" joke. A joke about a woman's appearance isn't exactly how I would stage it. 
    It would need to be convincingly offensive, no?
  • Options
    The slap looked like something out of a wrestling ring. The response after when Will Smith sat back down looked genuine. The wife didnt look impressed with the joke so I'm assuming it's all legit.
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    I’ve suffered from Alopecia, it’s grim. Not sure id go about slapping people over such a shit joke about it tho. 
  • Options
    I’ve suffered from Alopecia, it’s grim. Not sure id go about slapping people over such a shit joke about it tho. 
    It was an unfunny joke and an OTT reaction. Jada could have handled it without Will Smith's dumb reaction.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Huskaris said:
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Dick
    It would need to be convincingly offensive, no?
    I get where you are coming from, but on balance I just don't think this is staged. I wouldn't go definitive, but on the balance of probabilities I think its legit. 
  • Options
    Both came out looking daft - Chris Rock for the terrible joke and punching down, Will Smith for the reaction.