Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oscar for best fight AT the Oscars goes to.......

Comments

• Options
    WSS said:
    For what purposes Dave? Who’s come out of this with any credit/benefit?
    The Oscars, noone has talked or cared about them for years. All a publicity stunt in my opinion. 

Firstly to me it looks like he doesn't connect and Chris Rock is ready for it (you could argue reflexes). I would be fairly confident it's staged, for what reason? other than give a bit of attention to the oscars, also it might have backfired. 

I wish they would just leave it now, its been all over the media when you have a war in Ukraine going on and much worse things. Yes agree if its real its awful, i just personally dont think it is real.

Probably all driven by media the whole thing. 
  • Options
    Was it staged? who cares?

Smith was defending his woman and ended up looking like a right mug. IMO. Still he was defending her so nice one for doing that. If I was that bothered a slap would not cut it. Bit of luck I ain't that bothered. 
    He wasn't defending his woman he was just behaving like a knob. I think Jada is more than capable of defending herself.

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Opinion columns are almost always b*t shit nonsense. I have basically stopped reading them, whichever website they come from.
  • Options
    This article is utter guff - taking victim mentality to another level.
  • Options
    By all accounts Rock is going to make an absolute mint out of this if these reports about his upcoming live shows are anything to go by;

"One live event ticketing site, TickPick, said on Monday that it sold more tickets the previous night than it did in the past month combined.

A spokesperson also told CBS that prices for an upcoming Rock show on Wednesday in Boston rose from $46 (£35.16) to $411 (£314).

More than half of all ticket sales for Rock's tour - which went on sale a month ago - came after the incident at the Oscars. The vast majority - 88% - of ticket sales for Rock's shows on the website over the last week came after the incident."

Not going to question the validity of the whole thing but at the minimum, Rock and the the Oscars themselves have certainly appeared to benefit a great deal from the situation. 

• Options
    By all accounts Rock is going to make an absolute mint out of this if these reports about his upcoming live shows are anything to go by;

"One live event ticketing site, TickPick, said on Monday that it sold more tickets the previous night than it did in the past month combined.

A spokesperson also told CBS that prices for an upcoming Rock show on Wednesday in Boston rose from $46 (£35.16) to $411 (£314).

More than half of all ticket sales for Rock's tour - which went on sale a month ago - came after the incident at the Oscars. The vast majority - 88% - of ticket sales for Rock's shows on the website over the last week came after the incident."

Not going to question the validity of the whole thing but at the minimum, Rock and the the Oscars themselves have certainly appeared to benefit a great deal from the situation. 

Please explain why any artist will benefit from ticket sales on secondary ticket sites. 

If I sell the official ticket I have bought, for an inflated price on secondary site, it is I that benefit the artist gets nothing, because the official sale took place beforehand. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Please explain why any artist will benefit from ticket sales on secondary ticket sites. 

If I sell the official ticket I have bought, for an inflated price on secondary site, it is I that benefit the artist gets nothing, because the official sale took place beforehand. 
    I think he means these ticket sales are an indication of his popularity and in-demandness, not that he will directly benefit from those specific ticket sales. If people are willing to pay that much for tickets to his shows, imagine how much extra revenue he’ll receive from other sources, regardless of how much more ‘Tickprick’ etc make.
  • Options
    What baffles me in all this is: why would a man who seemingly has no problem whatsoever with other men having sexual intercourse with his wife (appalling enough as that is to consider ) then assault another man for the "words this other man has in his mouth"?

When Smith hurled abuse at the equally talentless Rock saying "Don't have my wife's name in your mouth?" did he consider how absurd such umbrage taken is?  considering the sorts of things, one can only speculate, have been in that same wife's mouth throughout their "open" marriage. It is definitely contender for Hypocrite Of the year 2022..

I thought it revealed the true sickness that is Hollywood and how utterly wrecked are the souls of those that think they can play with something as sacred as marriage. To say nothing of verbally and physically assaulting people. I fully expect his star to wane considerably. He never surpassed Fresh Prince Of Bellend imo. 

• Options
    edited March 2022
    Haven't they got any work they could be getting on with...
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

I think he means these ticket sales are an indication of his popularity and in-demandness, not that he will directly benefit from those specific ticket sales. If people are willing to pay that much for tickets to his shows, imagine how much extra revenue he’ll receive from other sources, regardless of how much more ‘Tickprick’ etc make.
    Yes this - he's had the same kind of boost you would expect if he actually won an Oscar himself - Merchandise, the talk show circuit (particularly this) he is going to be able to literally name his price. His tour tickets have been on sale for a month and he doubled them in less than 48 hours it's obvious he is going to make an absolute killing off this. 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Yes this - he's had the same kind of boost you would expect if he actually won an Oscar himself - Merchandise, the talk show circuit (particularly this) he is going to be able to literally name his price. His tour tickets have been on sale for a month and he doubled them in less than 48 hours it's obvious he is going to make an absolute killing off this. 
    Yes, he will undoubtedly gets increased revenues elsewhere, but I doubt he'll earn $1 from inflated ticket prices on secondary ticket sites (legal touts). 
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:

Yes, he will undoubtedly gets increased revenues elsewhere, but I doubt he'll earn $1 from inflated ticket prices on secondary ticket sites (legal touts). 
    No, and that's not what I was talking about?? I said if those price rises/100% increase in demand in the space of a day are anything to go by then he stands to make a mint. 
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    What baffles me in all this is: why would a man who seemingly has no problem whatsoever with other men having sexual intercourse with his wife (appalling enough as that is to consider ) then assault another man for the "words this other man has in his mouth"?

When Smith hurled abuse at the equally talentless Rock saying "Don't have my wife's name in your mouth?" did he consider how absurd such umbrage taken is?  considering the sorts of things, one can only speculate, have been in that same wife's mouth throughout their "open" marriage. It is definitely contender for Hypocrite Of the year 2022..

I thought it revealed the true sickness that is Hollywood and how utterly wrecked are the souls of those that think they can play with something as sacred as marriage. To say nothing of verbally and physically assaulting people. I fully expect his star to wane considerably. He never surpassed Fresh Prince Of Bellend imo. 

Ive got very little interest in celebrity gossip, & up until all this happened, had no idea that they may have an open marriage.

But if they do, isn't not getting annoyed at the other one sleeping with other people the whole f***ing point?

Not getting annoyed by something you've agreed to (apparently), and then getting annoyed at someone making a crass joke about an illness is entirely normal.  Slapping someone in the face once you've got annoyed at a joke is, however, idiotic.
  • Options

Ive got very little interest in celebrity gossip, & up until all this happened, had no idea that they may have an open marriage.

But if they do, isn't not getting annoyed at the other one sleeping with other people the whole f***ing point?

Not getting annoyed by something you've agreed to (apparently), and then getting annoyed at someone making a crass joke about an illness is entirely normal.  Slapping someone in the face once you've got annoyed at a joke is, however, idiotic.
    Not getting annoyed at your wife sleeping with other people actually speaks volumes for how little respect he clearly has for her. Justifying adultery by saying " oh we have agreed to sleeping with other people " doesn't stop it being adultery and frankly makes a complete mockery of one's wedding vows. And this is before even considering all the STD's each "partner" in this charade may very well bring to "the marriage". 

I agree with your last.point to a degree. Slapping someone in the face because you can't take a joke (or are not witty enough to respond with a better joke) is really poor form. 

I hope he is punished accordingly. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

You are the only person posting on here that has considered such a thing.

I must say it’s incredibly perverted of you. Jesus would not approve.
    How is it perverted to state obvious facts? I think my point is fair, clear and neither perverted or misleading. Once again, the actual deviant  acts themselves (open marriage ~ sexual relations with people outside the marriage) seem of less importance to some people than the "perverse"  personal comment on those aforesaid deviant  acts. How peculiar. 

• Options
    How is an open marriage deviant? Open relationships would have been the norm for most of human evolution, until the various gods came along and told us it was all wrong. Even the Bible is full of Hebrew patriarchs having it away outside their marriage. It says that that their relationship is strong enough to recognise that no one person can ever fulfil all another's needs. And far better than sneaking around having affairs behind each other's back. 

I was wondering which way VoT would go on this, given his previous statements: pro Chris Rock because he was punching down, or pro Will Smith because he was behaving in a typical patriarchal way. Turns out neither of them are traditionally conservative enough  :/
  • Options
    edited March 2022

Cos you’re allowed to get the hump with your wife’s disease being mocked whilst simultaneously not getting the hump with who she sleeps with.  That’s not my cup of tea but I’m not one of the smiths, in other words, it’s up to them what they get the hump with.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    If Mrs Smith can't take a joke about alopecia then it's hair loss.

• Options
    WSS said:
    The people saying it's staged. Why?

Who/what does it benefit?
    We're all talking about it arent we.

Its the Oscars, they've not exactly been as popular as they have been, so easy way to get some attention back
  • Options
    WSS said:
    The people saying it's staged. Why?

Who/what does it benefit?
    We're all talking about it arent we.

Its the Oscars, they've not exactly been as popular as they have been, so easy way to get some attention back

But why would this widely popular personality tarnish his public image to promote the Oscars
  • Options
    If Chris Rock and will smith purposely go on an American or British TV chat show at the same time....a lot of people would be tuning in.