Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Oscar for best fight AT the Oscars goes to.......

Comments

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Guess when you're in an open relationship and not that keen on it, had the piss taken out of you for 2 years solid.... Best take the opportunity and give the 4ft fella a slap to release the valve.
    their interview is one of the worst things ive ever seen. Jada has the emotional intelligence of a stuck up teenager.
  • Options
    Talal said:
    Definitely staged or may not have been staged. 
    Thank you so much for clearing that up for us  :wink:
  • Options
    Would've been much better if Rock had hit back, half the audience had joined in and they'd been pulled apart by Jeremy Kyle style heavies. Maybe next year...
  • Options
    Would have been better if he’d done it to ‘The’ instead of ‘Chris’. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Why would Chris Rock lean in and wince before the obviously staged slap?

The slap itself was pathetic. The entire action of the slap is so unnatural. Straight out of stage school. Blatantly choreographed.

Perfect lead in to the speech and the message from god to love people and all that b*llocks.

It's fine if you think it was genuine. I'm not buying it at all.
    He was standing like that before he even walked up. Don't know what you mean. How do you act when you don't know you're about to be slapped? 
    Not like this (the entire action is so staged it's laughable):

Judo chop!!!! 🤣😂🤣
  • Options
    Man was rude and got a slap. Nothing to see here. If this was any High Street in the mid 90s he's have got glassed for a lot less.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    McBobbin said:
    Man was rude and got a slap. Nothing to see here. If this was any High Street in the mid 90s he's have got glassed for a lot less.
    Ahhhhh the good old days
  • Options
    Two bald men fighting over a comb 
  • Options
    Not staged. 
    You can see from his earlier tearful speech that he’s on the edge, saying something about online abuse. He seemed to smile at the joke, but actually, he was smiling before the comment about GI Jane, and may have stopped smiling once he processed it. It wasn’t immediately obvious it was aimed at his wife’s alopecia. 
    Ricky Gervais was more risqué, but perhaps less personal (ie jokes about hypocrisy and vanity, rather than about people’s appearance).
    How someone could bring race into it I have no idea. 
    Personally I think Smith’s a good actor, and he was excellent as Richard Williams. But he’s clearly struggling with his mental health. I wish him well; he’s supposed to be a top bloke. 
  • Options
    100% staged. You could see Chris Rock brace beforehand.

All a lead up to the acceptance speech, nothing more.

If you think it was real then give your head a wobble.

This wasn't the old Kent old on a Saturday night BBW where a Millwall lass slaps her boyfriend for eyeing up some talent from Camberwell before it all kicks off.

Will Smith wouldn't use his wife's alopecia as a Joke. Possibly easier for Duncan Goodhew (fell out of a tree) and Shelvey to deal with it as guys than Women like Jada Smith, Gail Porter and a young 21 year old woman who I knew back in the day where depression came with the disease/Problem.

We are all cynical but Will Smith deserves an Oscar if that was staged. 
  • Options
    Wonder what the reaction would have been were it Ricky Gervais hosting the Oscars!
  • Options
    thenewbie said:
    Talal said:
    Definitely staged or may not have been staged. 
    Thank you so much for clearing that up for us  :wink:
    Welcome, this thread needed some clarity. 
  • Options
    Weight watchers certainly worked for you BBW 👍
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pair of cnuts imo
  • Options
    Violence is okay providing it's done by the right person. 

• Options
    Pair of cnuts imo
    Nah.  @Big_Bad_World & @Baldybonce are alright really
    I've learned to live with that burden. However, bang out of order on @Baldybonce
  • Options
    edited March 2022
    Pair of cnuts imo
    Nah.  @Big_Bad_World & @Baldybonce are alright really
    I've learned to live with that burden. However, bang out of order on @Baldybonce
    Haha.  Glad you took it in the spirit it was intended.  Could've gone either way
  • Options
    It's a time in my life I'd rather forget, to be honest, mate.
    Go on, you were young, you needed the money, string vest fetishes we’re all the rage down the OKR in the early 2000’s

#youtoo
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    It's a time in my life I'd rather forget, to be honest, mate.
    Go on, you were young, you needed the money, string vest fetishes we’re all the rage down the OKR in the early 2000’s

#https://youtu.be/d7ogIuxegkQ

• Options
    It looks like Rockie missed a perfect chance to step in and execute a right arm uppercut.

• Options
    Chris Rock had no resulting visual impact on his face. There would at least be something.

I think it was staged and to a very high standard of professional acting.

They were both testing themselves and they have a lot of experience.

SBC did a very convincing Oscars prank a number of years ago