Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sorry but Jackson has to go.

Enough is enough for me. I can't see us getting promoted next season with Jackson in charge. He simply can't motivate his players and tactically he looks clueless. His obsession with 3-5-2 has cost us a shed load of points this season and there is no excuse for the 'bothered/can't be bothered' second-half of the season. We need the biggest clearout we can afford and I would put my money on someone else. It's too important a role to get wrong for yet another season.

Comments

• Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Is it really down to Jackson? He motivated them earlier, I don’t think that’s the issue… we’re losing to calamitous mistakes, which is down to the players.
    Has he though, or do some of his teams just have better games on their day or against the right opposition? He brings zero consistency to his teams and the error rate suggests a huge lack of concentration across the side that suggests strongly that there is a lack of motivation to me. He hardly ever makes changes that influence a game other than a fresh striker when we are invariably chasing the game. 
  • Options
    He needs to get the chance to sort it out for next season although I must admit Burstow starting baffled me. If he was our player, fine.
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:
    Is it really down to Jackson? He motivated them earlier, I don’t think that’s the issue… we’re losing to calamitous mistakes, which is down to the players.

Blame is equal imo. Shit brainless players + shit uninspiring tactics = shit performances.
    Agree Clem but I don't think we can afford to change most of the first eleven and leave Jackson in charge.
  • Options
    He needs to get the chance to sort it out for next season although I must admit Burstow starting baffled me. If he was our player, fine.
    He's had the second-half of the season and we are no further forward.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    stonemuse said:
    I believe he should be given the chance to continue ... the potential is there. 
    What are you seeing that gives you the idea there is potential in JJ? Try naming 3 things that you've seen since the new manager bounce.
  • Options
    I have no idea what our tactics are. Does anyone? He's not up to it, which is a real shame, but I can't see how he has the job into next season. 
  • Options
    Come in No.4?
  • Options
    Not true. We were firmly in the relegation places when he took over.

The fanbase is so firmly anti-Jackson at this point that it’s nearly impossible not to move on. However I do still believe this is 80% players and 20% management.
  • Options
    Not true. We were firmly in the relegation places when he took over.

The fanbase is so firmly anti-Jackson at this point that it’s nearly impossible not to move on. However I do still believe this is 80% players and 20% management.
    He's gotten far more leeway than anyone else would have. The support at Wycombe/MK Dons away was pure poison, Jackson hasn't had any of that - not even when he took us through our worst ever losing run at this level! 
  • Options
    Why be sorry about it. We need flexibility.  Our opponents from L2  have done this and us each time, except Cambridge who were unlucky. I am sure Hackson would try to make a spo ge without an egg.
    Because I am not a ready advocate of changing your manager and I feel disloyal in Jackson's case suggesting it, but we can't risk another season like this and I can't see him being able to sustain a challenge.
  • Options
    We consistently get done by basic channel balls. Every team that plays us knows it. That should have been coached out of us months ago. It hasn’t. Our build up play is way to slow. That should have been coached out of us months ago. It’s hasn’t. We are a below average third division team. I don’t think he’s the man to turn that round. 
  • Options
    The game was a reflection of the manager! Lacking in any passion , effort and interaction with each other! 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Come in No.4?
    We can’t out him yet, he needs to be director and chairman first. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we’re not seeing something in JJ that’s going to come good next season. Currently what we’re seeing isn’t good enough. I expect he’ll start the campaign in charge and hope he succeeds but anything less than top six and looking like top six after ten games and I’ll be calling for his head. 
  • Options
    Whatever happens, I think he'll get the chance to show what he can do next season regardless. 

We will see for ourselves whether he will be able to turn this squad into a title challenging one. I have my doubts, but there can be no excuses if we're still sat in the middle of the table come November/December time. 

The worst thing that will happen is if people keep making excuses for him while we continue to settle in midtable in League One throughout next season. 
  • Options
    One thing I will say is this squad was definitely a 'play-off worthy squad' when Adkins was in charge based from comments when Adkins was sacked. 

Once Jackson has a bad run of form they become relegation contenders that Jackson has managed to do well with. Even after he signs players for hundreds of thousands in january. 

Double standards like that cannot continue. 
  • Options
    One thing I will say is this squad was definitely a 'play-off worthy squad' when Adkins was in charge based from comments when Adkins was sacked. 

Once Jackson has a bad run of form they become relegation contenders that Jackson has managed to do well with. Even after he signs players for hundreds of thousands in january. 

Double standards like that cannot continue. 
    Absolutely no one in their right mind thinks thats a play off worthy squad in ability or mentality.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!